It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outbreak of black, tar-like sweat in southern Texas?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Also, considering the high amount of people who have Lyme, the fact that there was one person who has this and does not have Lyme, tells me that this does not come from Lyme. It either A. is some sort of bacteria or virus that has come back to life after being thawed out, or B. it is man made. Either way, mess with mother nature, and things will get ugly.

I'm sorry, but can you explain where you are drawing your conclusions from?

Man-made, because you see a tracer cell or some other bio-engineering trait? Thawed out? What? Bacteria or virus... there's a pretty big difference, so more explanation...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think it has a link to lyme disease because lyme disease greatly lowers you immune system. Isnt the statistic something like only 40-50%of morgellons sufferers have lyme disease? To me that percentage isnt high enough to warrant a direct link between the two diseases.

What is the deal with that superbug page? All there is on it are those two videos. Has anyone contacted them to see what else they may have to offer besides those two videos which are extremely vague? If this IS in fact man made and accidentally released into the public I almost feel better about there being a cure found due to the fact that whoever made it more than likely has been working on a way to battle it also, whereas many mainstream doctors dont even believe in the disease let alone are willing to attempt to find a way to beat it. I guess im not cynical enough to believe some group manufactured this disease just to eat away at the US population.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
I think it has a link to lyme disease because lyme disease greatly lowers you immune system. Isnt the statistic something like only 40-50%of morgellons sufferers have lyme disease? To me that percentage isnt high enough to warrant a direct link between the two diseases.

Percentage of Morgellons patients who have been properly tested (not with Elisa, but with more accurate Igenex . . . ) is higher than ~ half the Morgellons patients.

Here are two different sources:

From American Journal of Clincial Dermatolgy, 2006
The Mystery of Morgellons Disease
Virginia R. Savely, Mary M. Leitao and Raphael B. Stricker

" . . . The first author now has more than 80 patients in her practice who fit the criteria for Morgellons disease . . . all but one of these patients have tested positive for Lyme borreliosis . . ."

www.morgellons.org... (5 pages)

And:

See the bottom of this website for this quote:

"94% of Patients with Morgellons have Lyme disease."

www.familymedgaithersburg.com...

But, not all Lyme patients have Morgellons. There's something different happening for the Morgellons patients.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with what you beleive, nor cynicism. The proof is in the video, what people are not getting is that it don't matter if you beleive or not. It still exists, and is synthetic aka man made. Watch the video, do the home work, that's just the way it is.

The technology is explained, I have quoted it directly.

Things can be cloned, and the human genome has been decoded, cynical or not, it exists.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

human to bug not bug to human.

Precisely what, mrsdudara, do you mean by this? That it is a mutation of Human genes? Or something else? Please explain for my benefit...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I am going to repost some items I have posted on other threads because of relevance.

Also I must say what a change I am finding on this site concerning the focus and intelligence of those reading about this issue. Critical thinking about this topic is so important, possibly one of the more important topics of our lifetimes. I applaud all of you.

This post is from the end of may.

Hello all,

My position in this issue has become further vested as my girlfriend and I just lost our 18 week old unborn boy. All tests so far have come back unconclusive as to why this happened so far along into the pregnancy. Although there will most likely not be any way to know for certain what caused this to happen, both of us are fairly certain it was this illness 3 weeks ago everything was fine, strong heartbeat, good development, no problems. Then she began to spot lightly. A little more than a week later, we went back for another visit and ultrasound, and thats when we found out our baby didnt make it. Now its because of this I plan to turn up the heat, if you will, so that hopefully this is acknowledged as the killer it is proving to be.

Now as far as the awareness that has been created recently. I would like to point out a few things that will not only get some money behind this investigation, but is crucial knowledge for the uninfected public.

As I have said, I am certain that I acquired this from a hotel room in south san francisco. I have been told by dozens of others that they believed they had aquired from hotels and even 2 reported getting it while on a cruise. Mindfull of panic, i have been reluctant to point these things out, but after our loss, it has become that much more important. After the initial flood of interest sparked by the recent news items reported, people have largely satified their curiosity and most have dismissed this as something that will not happen to them, or called us nutz, or otherwise have forgotten about this. This cant be allowed to happen. The message that must be driven home is not only are adults taking their own lives over this, children are becoming infected also, and at a quickening pace.

The reality is that newscasts have not done their job well on this issue until everytime ANYONE goes to take a seat in a theater, stay in a hotel, fly in an airplane, take a cruise, go to a restuarant, etc etc, they are taking a chance of acquiring this nightmare from any fabric they may use.

Once the reality of this possiblity sinks in, one can really get a feel for how big this issue really as related to ecomony(global), and politics in general. Just think about the tourist industry alone. How long do you think before the hotel industry alone is going to become affected? This industry alone has a vested interest in this illness, because if the awareness of this today existed when I acquired this crap, I guarantee I would have sued them for everything imaginable. Once people realize that this possiblity exists, these hotels will empty out. While we are on this train of thought, does anyone know of anyway to ask the hospitality industry about their cleaning crews and their rates of skin disorders? This would be a good bit of insight to know. Bottom line is that people must be aware that everytime they come into contact with any fabric, upholstory, that these are potential vectors until proven otherwise. Not to mention the insect vectors that are certain to become known in the future.

Southcity

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
In answer to the question of Why the medical and research agency’s are not doing anything, or at best, are they so late in starting any action concerning this problem? I present these facts and conclusions.

What kinds of politics and back room deals make the world of research and it’s sources of funding turn?

1 Definition of INDUSTRY -- The commercial production and sale of goods and/or services.

2 Every industry is driven by PROFIT. This is the bottom line
SO IT’S SAFE TO SAY THAT ALL INDUSTRIES ARE AS SELF SERVING AS CAN BE.

3. The medical world, esp. big pharma,, are huge industries. They have actually reached the point of absolution similar to the tobacco and automobile industries enjoyed in the recent past. The effect these have on global economy cannot be understated or underestimated.

4. All research depends on budget.

5. The biomedical AND pharmaceutical. Industries provide the majority of research groups with their funding.

Therefore all research is controlled for self serving reasons with only profit as the goal.

6 laboratory and other research results are shared only if they are part of subsidized research. This represents capital investment on the part of industry. The truth not presented in this statement is that in reality, Government or Industry requires a percentage of sick people to justify funding for research and development

So... It is safe to assume that unfavorable research will not be funded unless forced by court order and oversight. Those who continue work on these types of things unfavorable to industry are either persecuted (e.g. Dr Schwartz) or their findings are bought by the industry and not reported. E.G. Vioxx.

so how do these facts relate to the initial conclusions based on the video found at www.crossinglines.net and also at www.silentsuperbug.com?

If solidly proven that this element (organism) is genetically manipulated and was released, how would this benefit industry? The truth is that this answer would devastate the industry. AND, if the bio medical industry is not forced to provide an honest answer to this question, who would perform this task?
NOTE: accidents at biodefense laboratories—including security breaches, possible theft of biological materials, and environmental releases—are closely guarded secrets, revealed only through investigative journalism and, to a lesser extent, through Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) inquiries. BUT WAIT it gets better.

The Bioterrorism Act of 2002 (PL 107-188) prohibits the public disclosure of any theft or loss of a potential bioterrorism agent, as well as any information related to site-specific security measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to biological agents. Although reporting of releases and thefts of bioterrorism agents from laboratories are mandatory, the Secretary of Health and Human Services may only provide public notification if the incident represents a serious public health emergency.

Yes you read that correctly. Its worth reading again. full link www.gene-watch.org...

Back to topic.
This highly genetically manipulated specie has become commensal AND DIFFERENTIATES--this means a single pathogen is able to cause several seemingly different diseases.

DISEASE=PROFIT for Industry. There are no arguments here concerning this fact What did the doctor say after a patient he CURED left his office? He said there goes another customer.

And generally speaking.....

Degenerative disease is of our day, meaning new and emerging. In deed, the exploitation of an otherwise healthy body is becoming very common and highly PROFITABLE.

To cure is not profitable, but to treat the effects (symptoms) over and over is tremendously profitable.

Now add to the equation that this bug will most likely link to many of these types of diseases and other antibiotic resistant maladies of our day, such as CA-MRSA. All of them ENORMOUS capital machines.

msnbc.msn.com...

This bug is already an enormous money maker, and its not even recognized in public knowledge yet.
“A pathogen represents billions and to take a cause of disease away is a disaster for many.
To control and regulate is state of the art.”

So there you have it. This is the Main Issue at hand in which this illness is a small part of but has all the potential to blast this awareness into the public’s consciousness.
Having said this, Is there any GOOD attorneys reading this? If so, please contact me at Southcity@crossinglines.net

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

human to bug not bug to human.

Precisely what, mrsdudara, do you mean by this? That it is a mutation of Human genes? Or something else? Please explain for my benefit...

Sure, first let me say that I am not a medical person or anything, this topic just interests me. Also I tend to be an out of the box thinker, that's just how I am.

We have all been assuming that this has been comming from tic bites or whatever kind of bug bites. For me, standing back and looking at it, that just does not make sense. To me, it makes more sense that this is something that us humans are developing and spreading human to human. Something that is so simple that if a bug bites it, the bug has it. Granted that bug could bite someone else and infect them, but I think this started with us rather than the bugs. Take the plague for example. Prarie dogs have it, so the fleas get it and can pass it on to humans who can pass it on to other humans. The point I am trying to get to is this thing starts out with a mammal and goes to a bug, the bug carries it to another level all together. This time the mammal being us rather than a prarie dog.

I am just trying to come up with some other ideas. I have come to know that the more ideas you come up with at first, the more likely you will find the answer. It just seemed like we were all stuck on the tic/bug bite road.

I also think Advisor is right in thinking this is man made. One way or another, and maybe even an accident. Just about everything we eat, drink, and touch is a man made object, full all kinds of different chemicals. I am not a chemist, but I do know that when you mix certin chemicals (by eating, or touching...whatever) you can get some scary results.

Someone above asked what I ment by something thawing out. I remember reading in the news about the scientists who went to the ice caps to collect a sample. They found bacteria and a virus frozen in the ice. They also said that when it thawed out the bacteria and virus (types they had never seen before) sprang back to life. Now, lil out of the box me....my mind just goes all over the place with this.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
just read this on wikipedia's page on morgellons:

"Pressure from patients convinced they have Morgellons resulted in June 2006 in a statement from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that it had begun organizing a committee for the purpose of investigating the ailment to determine whether it exists."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The wiki on Morgellons has been an ongoing battle between a faction that is determined to get Morgellons defined as Delusional Parasitosis and those that want a matter-of-fact disease definition.

A great deal of the battle to insert DOP into the Morgellons definition is visible in the History section of the Wiki. Particularly visible is all the activity back and forth when television news stories came out last month across the nation. Prior to that, the battle to insert and delete the DOP implication in the Morgellons wiki was particularly interesting in that some of the DOP definitions came from Georgia, where the one DOP veterinary entomologist writer is located.

Delusional Parasitosis has its own wiki.

When the CDC mentions Morgellons on its website, and starts to collect data from doctors reporting cases to health departments, then that would be wonderful.

The news reported by the television station that the CDC is forming a task force is good. However, for as long as I've been aware of Morgellons, I've been hearing that the CDC is "working on it" but all the while not a mention of Morgellons on the website.

The CDC needs a way to define this in order to collect data. However, the hard part is that it is a disease that manifests itself differently in different bodies. How do you define that? Especially when there is an determined faction to obfuscate this disease as delusional.

What worries me is how widespread this disease is. It is not just a skin disease, but is a systemic disease that manifests in many ways.

Here is a post from another forum, by the maker of the videos. I haven't seen the second video yet - but reviews have said it contains basically the same information as the first video.

Therefore, the tamtam message board posts interest me, because they elaborate more than is on the videos. Although, I still don't know what to make of the information provided:

---------------------------------------

TAMTAM Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:48 am
www.biology-online.org...

Focus is on NIH and related laboratory.

Netherlands 1980, Prins Maurits laboratory.
No C3 permit at that time.
Today one of 15 most respected NIH.

Direct connection with Lackland, Texas,
and defunct gone military airport Ypenburg,
half mile away.

Connects to international assembly line of Starfighter and F16 fighter on the same premise.
(Fokker assembly line)

This same Institute received a significant amount money in relation to Gulf War Syndrome during the Clinton administration.

The Institute is questioned by the media
why they stock Soman.

All area is subject to bioremediation since about 1971.

Rhodophyta like outbreak of Blue Green Algae (Bloom) in 1980 in Rijswijk municipal water.

Its this type model organism.
Transboundary with the greetings of the Western Alliance.

Protest 2004, residential area "De Strijp" Rijswijk, province of South Holland against high percentage cancer (including young people)

The same concept must have been released in the US about 2000.

Demand criminal investigation!

A high percentage of the population may turn out positive for this element but may stay asymptomatic for the time being.

All is bacterial load depending.
If sufficient quorum, than tissue adaptation.

Its a model organism that fits R&D
Nearly invisible presence in tissue.

Demand the Source Code!

Sincerely,

tamtam"

--------------------------------------------

The main sentence that frightens me is this one: "A high percentage of the population may turn out positive for this element but may stay asymptomatic for the time being. "

And, I'm still not sure what Lyme disease has to do with this. How are they connected? How are they different?

Diana

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Bioremediation. Now that is a word that raises flags with me.

Years ago I did studies on bioremediation. I doubt if I still have the papers, but from what I remember bioremediation was used to treat oil spills and had wide applications in industry for cleanup and operations where conditions were unfavorable for human presence.

This could account for the widespread appearance of Morgellons, since bioremediation has been around for so long and was/is so widely used. Almost like the DDT story, except this is a self replicating/mutating bug instead of a chemical.

If Earth wasn't under quarantine already, it is sure to be now. 'Tis a shame to have come so far just to be shut down by an "accident".

Once the powers accept the reality it may be too advanced to curb it in time. Another mutation could render it more malignant, or it could become dormant as with the killer bee scare. Tests need to be done...how does it react to UV? Radiation? Ultrasonics? Pressure? Diet, immunity boosters, antibiotics, probiotics, vitamins, external stimuli like massage, is it aerobic or anaerobic? Does electrical stimuli have an effect? What is its conductivity? Magnetic qualities? Can it be frozen and thawed back to life? What are the parameters for its survival?

Lots of questions to be sure for the next round.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
add the "LOCKHEED AFFAIR" to the items tamtam mentioned above. this adds another huge dimension to this issue. Great post diana.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
why is tam tam so cryptic in his posts?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been said, but this is a long thread and I just noticed it now.

The first thing I thought of was those X-Files episodes and the movie - that's been mentioned. What those storylines reminded me of is something to do with oil. This too reminds me of that. I don't know how true the 'black oil sweat' is because I've heard other descritptions of this and it talks of fibrous material coming out of sores in the skin.

-----------------

Might this be malaria related? I mean about the black stuff - the plasmodium parasite that the mosquitos are infected with, that actually causes the various symptoms of malaria, is a black curved-shape thing that lives inside the red blood cells, it causes them to become mishapen and break, which is how it makes people sick and / or kills them.

Two things - I've noticed there are more mosquitos where I live, wheras there used to be none. I also got severely bitten by them on a holiday in India and it may or may not be what made me very physically ill there. I've never been that sick ever and I had all the viruses and whatnot that most other children in my area all got and we'd be off school for the usual week or so, then fine. When I was in India though I was really ill - as in out of consciousness, it wasn't like being off school or work etc and being able to watch TV and chill out. I had all kinds of tests done when I got back and the docs claimed they could find nothing. The thing I remember most is that it was only after drinking quinine ( Indian Tonic Water ) that I actually felt well enough to even think. And quinine is something that kills the plasmodium parasites that cause malaria.

Another point to note about malaria is that there are versions of it that are time-based, so it will vanish symptom-wise then will recurr later on.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Tamtam may talk cryptic, but his info is right out there...

he is indicating a government connection, and perhaps a man made issue...
see some of these links, to develop the picture...

some interesting things going on in the netherlands
Prins Marits lab

Hints at a bio enginered nuerotoxin
and this
and you need to check this guys resume, to show just what these labs REALLY work on...
also, he was there during the years that Tamtam mentions, but worked on a very different project, so he wont know anything personally.
resume of scientist that worked there

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Tamtam may talk cryptic, but his info is right out there...

he is indicating a government connection, and perhaps a man made issue...
see some of these links, to develop the picture...

some interesting things going on in the netherlands
Prins Marits lab

Hints at a bio enginered nuerotoxin
and this
and you need to check this guys resume, to show just what these labs REALLY work on...
also, he was there during the years that Tamtam mentions, but worked on a very different project, so he wont know anything personally.
resume of scientist that worked there

Thats kinda my point....the guy pretty much comes right out and says his stuff yet just indirect enough so that you have questions because its not 100% clear what he's getting at. The point is if he knows something and hes coming out and saying it the way he is why not just be totally direct and say everything you wanna say in detail. Your already putting yourself out there might as well go all the way.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
IMO this TamTam may be a very paranoid individual, and has decided that he "knows too much" and by speaking cryptically, he can delfect some of that paranoia with his tin foil hat...

I found the same items listed under such search words as Bio weapon research in UK
Bio labs in USA...
so these links might be nothing more than a sketchy connection to some personal ideas...

But that is why i looked into it... I wanted to see if I saw, what he saw...
and unless some link connects the two... all i see is some random associations...
nothing concrete from my reading... but haven't followed all the leads yet...

The research into ways to protect our soldiers from toxins/gases used in war, is intersting, and i had no idea that they tested all that stuff... especially from a private research company...
(and one that had american interests, but operates in another country free from oversight)

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
IMO this TamTam may be a very paranoid individual, and has decided that he "knows too much" and by speaking cryptically, he can delfect some of that paranoia with his tin foil hat...

I found the same items listed under such search words as Bio weapon research in UK
Bio labs in USA...
so these links might be nothing more than a sketchy connection to some personal ideas...

But that is why i looked into it... I wanted to see if I saw, what he saw...
and unless some link connects the two... all i see is some random associations...
nothing concrete from my reading... but haven't followed all the leads yet...

The research into ways to protect our soldiers from toxins/gases used in war, is intersting, and i had no idea that they tested all that stuff... especially from a private research company...
(and one that had american interests, but operates in another country free from oversight)

Hello, I thought I would add this as I have questioned him heavily about his methods and reasons for the way he has disseminated information.

First of all, to disclose everything at once would not be at all practical, people would simply satisfy their curiosity and then move on and forget about this issue, at least until it affected them or some one they know. to give out in pieces will multiply awareness and attention. Next concerning conflicting or unclear statements made, one only needs to consider the fact he has stated much further screening of this agent is necessary. As stated this is already a income generator, and to gain further funding for needed research is an entirely political game. Industry will not fund research which will conclude with unfavorable results for the industry. Reread my post from above on the politics of funding. This research necessary will, in my view, prove the industry focuses on the effects of an infection, ie the designing of disease treatments. Never does it focus on the cause of infection. In other words the medical and research communities NEED these known causes of infection and WELCOME the discovery of new infection causing agents.

Do you really believe that all money given to research and developement goes towards the elimination of the infecting agent?

A corpus of sick people is necessary to fund R&D, hence economy. To take away the cause of a disease would be a disaster to many and the economy as a whole.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
================================
www.coasttocoastam.com...

10 pm on 6-22-06 (PST)
Reporter and editor for Earthfiles.com, Linda Moulton Howe will share updates on Morgellons disease and the red rain that fell on Kerala, India.

Also on XM radio channel 165

=================================

And, Morgellons on CNN tonight - The Paula Zahn Now show
Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:00-9:00PM EDT

www.cnn.com...

(no website info specifically on Morgellons segment at the time I'm posting this)

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
CNN was pre-empted and I can't get my Rense connection to work. Oh well.

============

Some of the people with Morgellons hatch insects. Ruth posted today that she took photos of insects hatching today. In a two hour span she counted over 50.

Here are some photos:

pg.photos.yahoo.com...

lymebusters.proboards39.com...

Any thoughts on what the insect is?

Other photo albums are at Lymebusters, but these are some of the best I've seen that show insects. Also, some people have had "feathers" emerge from their skin in addition to fibrous balls, etc. Some of these insects look like they have feathers, or maybe their wings are damaged.

There are so many strange manifestations with this disease and not only is it hard for the person this is happening to, but even worse is to not be believed or helped by doctors.

============
Here is another story, what Metta has experienced:

" The Phorid fly is what was dx from the CDC that was taken out of my eye-- My Dr. & her staff watched them hatch from larva she took from me.
do you know what they did about this?
Nothing!
I was desperate for help.. before Having to fly to Tulane U. I called my Senator for help, and I was so sick, not wanting to get on a plane I begged them to help to find someone in my area to fix this problem.. they thought I was Looney, so 20 minutes later the phone rang and it was a U.S. Marshall, wanting to kow if I was ok.. I told him my story, and then he asked if anyone else was home.. I KNEW he thought I was Looney too.. sooo I handed the phone to my husband, who was with me at many dr. appts. where the Dr. had taken the samples out, and he told the Marshall the same story-- the Marshall said if that was him he wouldn't be able to handle it, and wished me good luck.
Not ten minutes later there is a knock on my door, there is my local policeman. He says "Senator Carnahan's office called them cuz they were worried about me!!!!" soooo I whip out all my medical documents, show him the faxes to & from Mary Shepherds office (CDC parasitology) and Proof of all I said to other's---- this cop say's--- "Man if that was me & no-one helped me, I'd probably blow my head off"
But.... yes, those flies have been one of the one's that many of us have equated with this unknown.
After having the hole next to my eye, where either I was biten, orrrr.. maybe something burrowed in there, my whole eyelid turned black, my left eye to this day--five years later looks darker than the right one, and that is the eye and temple area I have the most problems with! always fiber's! "

==========
This could happen to anybody who gets infected. It's time for medical professionals to help and stop labeling this disease as delusional. The problem is, no one knows for sure what causes this. An insect vector, such as a bug bite is often discussed. Then, there is the problem that insects seem to be attracted to Morgellons people. Perhaps that is because of a systemic fungal infection?

People have been put involuntarily in mental institutions, and some parents have had to walk a thin line to not have their children taken away by local child protective services. Others have simply gone over and over again to doctors that spend little time, do no tests or even exams, and have simply declared the patient DOP. (Delusions of Parasitosis) And, often charged for this lack of service.

Not everybody with Morgellons hatches insects. Not everybody has balls of fibers. Or lesions. There are many manifestations. And, there are physical effects on the rest of the body.

There is a connection to Lyme Borrelia - spirochetes.

But, not everyone who has Lymes has Morgellons. However, many who have Morgellons test positive for lyme borrelia.

QH

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join