It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chew on this.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
My theory, by me (Satan
)

The planet we live on is the only true living being.
We are just creations of this planet, it's children and it's hosts.
We are it's senses, the way it experiences the universe and tries to understand it.
When we die we return to it in some fashion.
Our energy is recycled and becomes part of something else that lives on the planet through consumption and procreation.
There are outsde forces too, from other planets. They don't care about the well-being of our home, of our planet. They spew propeganda at every level and brainwash us into becoming apathetic. They poison our world, caring not for its life, only for its resources.
I am dying, I am you, you are dying, you are a part of the planet and the planet is dying.
And they want to make us think that it is our fault, indeed, they are convincing us of that so deeply that we truly believe that we are a scourge upon this planet, when we are just as much a part of it as the trees and the plants.
We're being strip-mined and nobody has noticed.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
quote: They spew propeganda at every level and brainwash us into becoming apathetic. They poison our world, caring not for its life, only for its resources.

You are completely right here man. I do think that we are part of this planet and that by destroying it we are only destroying ourselves. WE do have energy and that energy does go somewhere or do something but i dont know what that is. we do have to save our Earth

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sorry �any, I read your theory, but do not accept it. Though you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It doesn't take into account the fact that man can survive away from the Earth.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by any
My theory, by me (Satan
)

We are it's senses, the way it experiences the universe and tries to understand it.
Our energy is recycled and becomes part of something else that lives on the planet through consumption and procreation.
There are outsde forces too, from other planets. They don't care about the well-being of our home, of our planet. They spew propeganda at every level and brainwash us into becoming apathetic. They poison our world, caring not for its life, only for its resources.
I am dying, I am you, you are dying, you are a part of the planet and the planet is dying.
And they want to make us think that it is our fault, indeed, they are convincing us of that so deeply that we truly believe that we are a scourge upon this planet, when we are just as much a part of it as the trees and the plants.

I chewed and it tastes so bad I puked it back out
humans are a virus on this planet that evolution has created by mistake we are not like any other creature on this planet we are more like nasty killer viruses that invade our own body and I think the viruses that kill us are mother earths defense against our putrid #tiung in our own bed
too many people like the religions and alien lovers place a high value on our #ty petty existance on this world, thinking we are the center of all stupid things well here is a shocker we dont matter to the universe we are specks we are nothing we will be gone soon enough

the turk needs a drink of water

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Yep.

And more resources are put into weapons and commodity fetishism to preserve a supposedly sacred way of life in select regions, than into maintaining the planet and colonizing other space.

Homo sapiens is a very stupid species indeed, for the most part.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
We are stupid. Stupid because we developed 'feelings' Feelings that make us hate to see the slow trimmed off the herd. More robust species like bees and cockroaches take casualties as an everyday occurence and are not bothered by them. We are a stupid, but self actuated species. This actualization produces many steps back, but allows us to reach levels of spirituality that others cannot. The artwork of nature is alost completely defined by chaos theory. It is beautiful and great, but we are the species that creates our own outside of models. Just some food for thought MA.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Sure it does, the energy travels back to the planet unless blocked somehow.
Like a big elastic bungee rope attached to you.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turk 182

Originally posted by any
My theory, by me (Satan
)

I chewed and it tastes so bad I puked it back out
humans are a virus on this planet that evolution has created by mistake we are not like any other creature on this planet we are more like nasty killer viruses that invade our own body and I think the viruses that kill us are mother earths defense against our putrid #tiung in our own bed
too many people like the religions and alien lovers place a high value on our #ty petty existance on this world, thinking we are the center of all stupid things well here is a shocker we dont matter to the universe we are specks we are nothing we will be gone soon enough

the turk needs a drink of water

See this is the point, you've grown to Hate your own race, but what exactly have YOU done to harm the planet? Have you said "I know, I'll strip-mine this area and poison it so nothing will ever grow there again"?
I doubt you have.
Maybe you have been apathetic in taking care of the planet, but I doubt you've actually set out to reduce it to slag.
A virus is an invader, a foreign body and we aren't, we're part of the planet, we've grown with it and adapted. We used to take care of it but then something went wrong. Somebody somewhere decided to stop taking care of the planet and start abusing it and its resources.
(I personally feel that the somebodies who did this weren't of this planet, but whether they were or not is irrelevent really.)
It makes me angry when people say that the human race is a virus because that's just a fatalistic, cop-out way of saying "I can't be arsed making a difference".
I am not a negative force eating away at this planet. it's not a crime to simply exist, but, the society I am a prisoner to is run by people who ARE a negative force on the planet, run by people who only want to control and stay above everybody else. People too afraid to be a positive force because desiring change from the negative, selfish way of life makes you a target.
If we keep believing that this planet is just a stop off point before we go on to somewhere else then we're going to kill ourselves forever. It's our home, it is us.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any

Sure it does, the energy travels back to the planet unless blocked somehow.
Like a big elastic bungee rope attached to you.

Or maybe not, maybe the energy is just lost forever in space until it hits something and becomes a part of that thing.
I wouldn't know though, it's only a theory, just one that feels right to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Think about this.
When we eat something, we use that food to keep us alive. Whatever it is we eat, was alive before it was killed so we could eat it. Everything that was a part of the living thing that we have eaten becomes a part of us. So the thing that we just ate is still alive because it is now part of us. When we die we are eaten by something, what makes up us becomes part of something else, so in essence we are still alive.
What happens to the consciousness?
I believe that the consciousness stays with the body upon death, stored in slumber within the host (maybe as genetic information within cells or something, I'm not a biologist or physicist though so I don't know) until it is eaten by something, then the consciousness is passed on and that there is a chance that when whatever creature ate us reproduces, we are reborn as that creatures child and the cycle continues.
I honestly don't know why anybody would want to escape this planet when it is such a wonderful place, the only problem is that there are groups who treat it like some kind of expendable resource. I'm betting that most of these groups believe that upon death, they will escape from the planet and so don't care about what happens to it in the future.
I guess this is why I've never accepted any religion who's ultimate goal is to escape from the Earth.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I believe there is a giant consciousness bungee cord that pulls our soul to Neptune where the evil Neptunians feast upon it.

Man I hate other planets!!! I hate them so much!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
I believe there is a giant consciousness bungee cord that pulls our soul to Neptune where the evil Neptunians feast upon it.

Man I hate other planets!!! I hate them so much!!!

Let's start a war.

A nuclear war.

On Neeeptune,Neeptune, Neptune.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   

So the thing that we just ate is still alive because it is now part of us. When we die we are eaten by something, what makes up us becomes part of something else, so in essence we are still alive.

This theory holds up...At least, with Planarian Worms.

I don't remember the details right off hand, but you can look up experiments that were performed, perhaps by word-searching Planarian Worms. At any rate, the brief of the experiment was that some Planarian Worms were taught how to run a maze...Then they were chopped up & fed to other Planarian Worms. The end result was that the newer worms were capable of negotiating the maze with no prior experience or training...As if they had absorbed the "consciousness" of the older worms that were trained *before* they became (if you'll pardon the expression) worm-food.

...So here you go...
Chew on this...Planarian Worm.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

So the thing that we just ate is still alive because it is now part of us. When we die we are eaten by something, what makes up us becomes part of something else, so in essence we are still alive.

This theory holds up...At least, with Planarian Worms.

I don't remember the details right off hand, but you can look up experiments that were performed, perhaps by word-searching Planarian Worms. At any rate, the brief of the experiment was that some Planarian Worms were taught how to run a maze...Then they were chopped up & fed to other Planarian Worms. The end result was that the newer worms were capable of negotiating the maze with no prior experience or training...As if they had absorbed the "consciousness" of the older worms that were trained *before* they became (if you'll pardon the expression) worm-food.

...So here you go...
Chew on this...Planarian Worm.

Brilliant!

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is a classic case of being ignorant of your own effect on the world.

Do you not eat tunafish? get milk in plastic bottles? drive a car? smoke ciggs, eat big macs out a plastic thing? did you not elect the president? do you not kill the bugs on your pets with pesticide? do you not eat the tomatoes who are genfactured? going to a themepark is sponsering criminality these days.. we are all responseble for the destruction of earth.. aliens did not do this.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
if the earth planet is a living entity as you describe it (wich I kinda agree with you), then we're more like parasite then simple hosts.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   

My theory, by me (Satan
)

Wow.
instead of satan, you should have chose john travolta or L. ron hubbard.

I'm stupider for reading this. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spot
this is a classic case of being ignorant of your own effect on the world.

Do you not eat tunafish?
Dolphin friendly only, otherwise I do without.

get milk in plastic bottles?
Yes but a, I have no choice in the matter of what kind of carton my milk comes in and b, I take the bottles to be recycled after I'm finished with them.

drive a car?
Nope, and I'm racking my brains trying to think of a way to make a wind powered car.

smoke ciggs, eat big macs out a plastic thing?
No and I don't eat at McDonald's

did you not elect the president?
Well if you'd look at my info you'd see I was from England, so no.

do you not kill the bugs on your pets with pesticide?
Don't have pets, but if I did then I wouldn't use pesticides on them, there are other ways.

do you not eat the tomatoes who are genfactured?
No I don't, GM food is wrong.

going to a themepark is sponsering criminality these days..
Is it? Good job I don't go to theme parks then isn't it?

we are all responseble for the destruction of earth.. aliens did not do this.

So you chose to be born into the society that you are born into then did you? Would you be as much of a scourge upon the planet if you had been born an Australian Aborigine?
No, you wouldn't, because you'd have been born into a different way of life, one that doesn't abuse the planet.

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by �any]

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury

My theory, by me (Satan
)

Wow.
instead of satan, you should have chose john travolta or L. ron hubbard.

I'm stupider for reading this. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

This kind of response deserves no decent reply. Why is it always the case that when soebody cannot accept something that is outside their narrow-minded view of the world then they have to insult the person who came up with the idea?
And God doesn't exist, get over it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join