It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA... I have an idea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have an idea to give the NSA something to chew on while they are invading our privacy by eavesdropping on our phone calls. I believe their system looks for key words like "Twin Towers" or "Bombs", etc.

Couldn't we all just start making calls to friends and just say things like "Bush, Bush, Bush..." to bog down their system.

Don't say anything hostile though or you might get a knock on your front door.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by mecheng]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wouldn't this cause real terrorists planning things to slip through the net? Seems like a bad idea to me.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah I'm with periphery on this one, but then again I am one of those that doesn't have a problem with the NSA listening to civilian calls. I guess that means I'm a a part of the vast right-wing conspiracy simply because I think it is a useful program for protecting CONUS. And I swear if anyone quotes "those who are willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither".....well I probably won't do anything but I promise I'll be really mad about it.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Baphomet79]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I doubt it; there are systems, at least what I've read is allegedly true about them are amazing. I don't think it'd work. You're talking about a government agency with a, most likely, unlimited budget, that has been building up its spy equipment for quite some time.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
those who are willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.......

sorry, couldnt resist.

anyway, i'm with yall on this. i dont necessarilly agree with the presidents decisions, but obstructing justice is kind of idiotic, even if you believe that how they are going about it is assanine and illegal.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
yeah they tell you it looks for words like that but you'd have to be an idiot to believe it. the real technology they use probably doesn't do it that simply tho.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
While they probably do "listen" to calls and screen for keywords etc.. ala Echelon and carnivore I thought that the latest news about NSA monitoring phone traffic said that they were building a database of basically who called who, and only listening if they had reasons to like when some guy starts getting 15 calls a day from some middle eastern country they might start listening.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've seen attempts in the past to jam the Echelon networks with keywords. Not sure what effect it had.

top topics

join