It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

newbie question about UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but can anyone reccommend a few good books on UFO's as a starter read? Something that's fun, informative and kinda credible in the genre. Thanks for your help.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Check out 'The Day After Roswell'.

Also, look out for anything by Stanton Friedman or Nick Pope.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Nice Stt, recommend a book then recommend the author who debunked it.

Timothy Goode- Above Top Secret
Jenny Randle- The UFO Conspiracy
Kevin Randles- Conspiracy of Silence

As Spreadthetruth said anything by Stan Friedman. I don't however recommend Corsos book for a starter as there is quite a bit of it thats less than credible and still being disputed.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Jacques Vallee's trilogy of books:
- Dimensions
- Confrontations
- Revelations

Might help keep you from getting bogged down right away in all that creatures from another planey "nuts and bolts" thinking about these UFO things. Keep your mind a little more open. Maybe.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
"Dreamland : Travels Inside the Secret World of Roswell and Area 51" by Phil Patton is one of my favorite books -- it's like a cultural history of UFOlogy and aircraft fandom.

I like Jim Marrs a lot; "Alien Agenda" is one of his most important books on UFOs.

Both Kevin Randall and Stanton Friedman are important UFO researchers; I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that they don't get along and criticize each others' work pretty strongly. Therefore, it's useful to read both authors. I'd recommend Friedman's "Top Secret/Majic : Operation Majestic-12 and the United States Government's UFO Cover-up" and Randall's "The Truth about the UFO Crash at Roswell."

If you're willing to take the leap with him, Whitley Strieber has an enormous amount of important information to pass on. He's also a terrific writer (he used to be a famous horror novelist,) and his books, if nothing else, are entertaining reads. Start with the classic "Communion."

Be careful when engaging a new paradigm. Bring your skepticism and your faith and your sense of humor and your BS detector. If you gaze into the abyss for a long enough time, the abyss will gaze back at you.

Baack

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Thanks so much to all of you. I'm going to start looking these up. I appreciate the help. I figured with so many people into this you would know some good reads to pick out to start with so I don't pick some boring book to start with and my interest wanes. Thanks again!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is actually a good overview:

Unidentified flying object From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pages in category "UFOs" alphabetical order From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You can start by reading Universal Seduction by Angelico Cappestra which is a group of writers that have assumed that name just for the book. Comes with 3 volumes and by the end of it you can call your self a ufolog

new topics

top topics

join