It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam Vets - Want To Be In A MOVIE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
My Producers of a possible Movie project that we are working on, are interested in TALKING and possibly INTERVIEWING "ON CAMERA" troops who were serving in Vietnam during the LIVE BROADCASTS which were from January 1, 1971 to January 21, 1971.

IF you were serving in Vietnam during that time.... and IF you heard the show LIVE (not the recorded tape) but the LIVE SHOW..... please e-mail me WHERE YOU WERE, BRANCH OF SERVICE and whatever DETAILS or STORY you may have for USE in the project. In the SUBJECT simply put "I HEARD RFT LIVE". It will be automatically forwarded to the PRODUCERS.

Additionally, they are interested in anyone who took any 8mm film of these times.... photos of whore houses, whores or other such stuff (yes, the Producers did request this... lol). They also want to HEAR your stories of HOW you listened to Radio First Termer and/or AFVN. The type of equipment you had, radio, etc. Basically ANYTHING to do with 1965 through April 30, 1975 when the last American Soldier's foot left the roof top of the American Embassy as the North Vietnamese Army was coming down the Saigon streets.

You can e-mail YOUR STORY or STORIES to me at my Vietnam address:

dave@atsmix.com

You can also REFRESH your memory a bit by going to:

daverabbit.podomatic.com...

Be sure and let me know WHAT you have to share. A good e-mail address is MANDATORY to be contacted by the Producers.

Dave

[edit on 11/23/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I sent my father this link...he was a navy man on a battleship during Viet Nam....he was shot a few time by some Veitnamiese plane doing strafing runs at the ship...(is that the right word for shooting from a plane?) he was hit 3 times......

He may well know of your radio show..... I dunno...he has some kewl pics......

[edit on 15-5-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Thanks Goddess!

Dave

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have received numerous responses from Vietnam Vets. For those of you who are just now finding out about this or have not responded yet.... PLEASE remember to do the following when you e-mail me.

1. Tell me your story of WHERE YOU WERE in Vietnam.

2. Tell me WHAT BRANCH of service you were in.

3. Tell me HOW you heard the show.... portable radio, military equipment, etc.

4. Tell me IF you have any PHOTOS or 8 MM FILM of your tour.

5. Give me a GOOD e-mail address for you for RESPONSE from the PRODUCERS.

Thanks to those of you who have responded. They have been forwarded to the PRODUCERS of the project and you will be hearing from them directly.

E-mail me at: daverabbit@radiofirsttermer.com.vn

(Salute)

Dave

[edit on 5/24/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I was a ranger in the nam from 1971 through 1973. 2 full tours and I have to say that it does intrigue me but there are some of us out here that are not ready or willing to stir up old memories and nightmares. I was involved in a great deal of bad things after being the norhtern areas attached to MACV SOG . I have to pass on this one. Some stuff still hurts to bad.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Right there with you lilwolf...... one day I will make public a story that still saddens me to think about.... and it happened when I was at Phan Rang 69-70. All of us, whether we CARE to talk or not... carries SCARS. Those of you that were on the FRONT LINES, of course, were the REAL HEROES. But trust me.... even some of us Air Force guys had a few stories that would raise the hair on the back of your neck. MINE... is just ONE of those.

I have told a SELECT FEW of my closest DRIC members (Dave Rabbit Insider's Club)...... and a few have encouraged me to tell it. One day..... but like you, NOT TODAY!

(Salute)

Dave

[edit on 6/7/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

new topics

top topics

join