It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Friend's Problem...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Alright, long story, but my friend's wife was really agitated tonight.

Sooo...

My friend...who we'll call Simon... moved into his house on the crummy side of town about a half year ago. He's a decent sort, easily distracted. When he got there, checked it out, he foudn that the previous owners had left some things behind. Electronics, namely - a PS2 and a VCR- as well as a chair and some other stuff. That was all. It struck him as kind of wierd, but he shrugged it off. Not that bad. However, then, he found the two journals.

They were wierd, he told me. Simon said the content was bad stuff. Lots about self-mutilation, heavy-duty drug use and suicide attempts. Bad mojo, he said. His wife read part of the first, threw it out. Then, he sort of forgot about it. Settled in- there's his wife, his baby, and a couple renting the basement in the house, and all of them had minor bad experiences with the paranormal. All of them shrugged it off as happenstance. Well, that was until a few things happened.

First, a bad spider infestation. Second, the wife started waking out at two every night. She claimed it was ghosts, sort of said she couldn't do much about it.

Well, now we haev an issue. Friday night, Simon goes and locks the doors for the night. His wife yells at him - he's the forgetful type- and he makes sure he locks the back door and screen. The wife watches him, they take the baby and the dog and head to bed. Around three, they hear one of the baby's toys go off. It's the sound a toy makes when a button is pushed. He groans, looks around. the dog nuzzles him, so he knows it's not the dog. His wife grumbles. the toy makes the sound again.

Let me explain about the toy. It's a little front of a house, with lots of little buttons for his kid to play with. The button in question was the doorbell. It made a 'ding-dong' sound, and plays a little song. Well, it goes off again, and so he goes to check it out. It's on, playing the song...and abruptly shuts off as soon as he looks at it. He feels a breeze, looks up. the back door is unlocked. He's kinda freaked, yells up the stairs to the wife. He asks if he locked it, and she says yeah. So, he looks around. no one's in his house. He locks the doors again, figures someone was casing the joint and he ran them off.

Instant his head hits the pillow, the toy goes off again. He grumbles, phones the couple downstairs, waking them. They don't know what's going on, and they all converge on the main floor. Search the place. The toy stops. The doors are all locked, windows, no one's there. they're all freaked out. Today, he foudn the second journal somewhere. He talked to me about it, and we thought about it. I figure it wasn't a robber. Also, I think the spirit of the girl in the journal was either warning him, or luring him. Either or, that's what we figured.

So, I took the journal home, and I'm about halfway through it. the drug use is intense- meth, heroin, ketamine already. Cocaine, too. Yep, just like he said, lots of mentions of death and whatnot. I'm startign to agree with his theory that the girl in the journals is haunting the place now. The girl I was talkign to about it got a seriously bad vibe and got some distance on me. So, I want to know what you all think. What should Simon do?

DE

[edit on 15-5-2006 by DeusEx]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
In my personal opinion, if possible, get out of the house. An uncle of mine lived in a house with sort of the same predicament and things just got worse, and worse, and worse, untill they just left.

He has bought a house at a low price because the owner of the house had disappeared. They moved in and settled down, and just after the first week or so strange stuff started. First faucets would turn on, cabinets would open, or close. It progressed to the front and back door opening or unlocking in the middle of the night. Then it got to the point where there gas stove would turn on at night, the air conditioner or heat would turn out. Then it started physically messing with them, first theyd feeling something touching them, and then poking sort of, then pushing. Late at night they'd hear someone stomping all through the house even though they were all in the bed and the only person still awake had a artifictial leg that was off and cased up.

The event that finally sealed their desicion was that my cousin was on a resperator for part of her early life. It has to be on at all times. If it was ever off for more than a few minutes she'd possibly die. Well one night they were watching TV and they heard something click, they werent really thinking about it, but my aunt walked past my cousins machine and noticed that the button was clicked off. Aftwerwards they left, in the middle of the night.

I was probably 10 at the time, but I remember them coming into our house at around 2:30, 3am scared out of their wits, and they never went back. Later on they found the old woman who lived in the house burried in the woods in the back yard. They ended up convicting the son of murdering her, and afterwards the house was bulldozed. Sounds like something from a movie, I know, but it's what happened.

If it's already messing with your friend, it will only get worse. If leaving isnt an option, I say have the house excorsised.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Maybe, maybe. This is some eerie-ass crap. I'm getting a bad vibe from the damn thing now, hearing things. I just finished the journal, and it's godawful. The contents are not something I'll divulge, for the simpel reason that they are CONSIDERABLY screwed up.

I have a lurking suspicion it's gonna be a long night.

DE

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
You two are braver people than I. Good luck with the problem, hope all goes well.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Sounds ****ed up. Maybe you would be willing to write us something from the journal? It sounds interesting... But ****ed up.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Greetings Deus, i hope u r well, or as well as u can be.

I just have a few questions,If u would answer these i would be very greatfull.
Forgive my boldness deus, but this sort of thing interests me greatly.

1 - How long after your friend moved in to this house did he find the journal?

2 - Did these occurances occur right after the journal was found?

3 - Does your friend have any pets?

4 - What sort of property is it?

5 - Where is the location in which your friend came across this journal?

6 - Do u have the journal ATM?
If so whats thoughts were you thinking before the journal fell into your hands?
and what are you feeling with it in your possession?

7 - On a level of 1 to 10 ,
1 being nothing and 5 being disturbed and 10 being Insane thoughts, by that of which are totally bizare and sickness inducing....how would you rate the writer of this journal?

8 - How detailed is the journal itself?

9 - is it full or at what point does she stop writing??

10 - What are your feelings towards this journal?
These include Emotions,thoughts,phyisical disruptions(such as Insomnia etc)
and any other mental and phisical feelings u may have.

I understand that these questions may be unnerving to ask, if u dont wish to answer any of these questions in a public thread, please U2U me.
You also refer to her using many forms of substance abuse.
I will talk to you about this soon enough if u will permit me too.

Understand this though, One persons will can be a very strong thing, can be strong enough to leave a dark imprint on this realm even after death, for example,
I know of a school near were i live , now in this school , a female student commited suicide by hanging herself from the Auditorium ceiling, Her will at the time of death was so incredibly strong , that there are constant power dissruptions in the school .
Apparently this is due to her anger and hate at the time.Please note.
The reason the girl at the school commited suicide is that she got so fed up with people making fun of her that she just went to school one day as usuall and did it without telling anybody.

This girl is real and her energies fluctuate through this school Especially the Auditorium. I know this for a fact because my gf and i went there to investigate this.
The feeling at the School was nerve racking because it was so quite for starters, and you had a feeling that someone was watching you.

The Auditorium was different though, there we were both really worried about the feelings we were getting.
We walked around the Auditorium and there we found Fear of being attacked as we walked around it, as if something were right behind us about to strike us,I found myself going ahead of my gf and looking inside little corridors on the side of the building before letting her go any further. Inside was
strange though, I found that all the windows were locked shut and there were no grills or vents. peering through the window i saw plants moving as if something was brushing past them, at one point i saw what looked like at the time to be a shadow stream accross the wall however this was in my peripheral vision and when i looked up it was gone.There were also feelings of Being watched,aggitation and the want too leave .

There are also some other things that are happening to me at the moment that i shallnot post in here. Allthough, We have spoken before and i will tell you via other means if u wish.

Blessed Be

Omega

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
People, the journal is...bad. Let's give you an example. Aside from the drug use, here's and example of three or four pages:

the first page contains the date, a bit of writing, and a tally. The tally goes to eighteen. That is how many times she cut herself in one sitting. The the bottom, she writes, "Only that many times, and I fainted. I must be getting out of practice. Or maybe it's the anorexia."

The page after that is a suicide note.

After that, she writes about how her attempt failed, issues with her friends, and then them coming by to make her feel better by giving her four lines. Lines of what, I don't know. But it's probably either coc aine or meth.

I'm not going into the gory details for a reason.

DE

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
1 - How long after your friend moved in to this house did he find the journal?

Same day.

2 - Did these occurances occur right after the journal was found?

Unknown. It's more of his wife's issue, but the last one was really unnerving even to him.

3 - Does your friend have any pets?

A ferret and a husky.

4 - What sort of property is it?

It's part of a block of townhouses in the crappy part of town. Substandard construction. Small backyard. Lots of crime in the area, small backyards, ugly front yards.

5 - Where is the location in which your friend came across this journal?

Directly beneath the basement stairs, across from the Laundry room, which is where most of the other items were found.

6 - Do u have the journal ATM?
If so whats thoughts were you thinking before the journal fell into your hands?
and what are you feeling with it in your possession?

I have the journal. I was thinking that that I should get the journal, read it, investigate it. See if this person really did manage to kill herself, and if she's haunting the place. I feel uncomfortable. My hackles are up constantly when discussing it. Little itchy. A bit nerved up, but nothing I can't handle.

7 - On a level of 1 to 10 ,
1 being nothing and 5 being disturbed and 10 being Insane thoughts, by that of which are totally bizare and sickness inducing....how would you rate the writer of this journal?

She's a 7-8 easy. The writing gets illegible at times due to the drug use, and the content, as noted above is rather extreme.

8 - How detailed is the journal itself?

Uncomfortably so. It takes a little bit of preparation to read.

9 - is it full or at what point does she stop writing??

The journal's pages are about 75% filled. There are pages missing, parts torn off. Abruptly, after mentioning yet another personal tradgedy, the final page says "This journal ends for reasons unknown." It appears to be written by another person.

10 - What are your feelings towards this journal?
These include Emotions,thoughts,phyisical disruptions(such as Insomnia etc)
and any other mental and phisical feelings u may have.

I'm trying real hard to be impartial and not really feel anything. Keep it clinical, you know? but it still disturbs me a great deal. My instincts tell me to expect an attack...but nothing's coming. Once I turned off clinical mode last night, I was terrified.

Sympathies Omega. Hopefully, your own issues will be dealt with. I'm just doing a fact-finding sort of exploratory deally. Maybe to appease the spirit, maybe to figure out what the hell happened. Answered questions above.

DE

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
The journal's pages are about 75% filled. There are pages missing, parts torn off. Abruptly, after mentioning yet another personal tradgedy, the final page says "This journal ends for reasons unknown." It appears to be written by another person.

That makes me think of a Blair Witch type of scenario. Maybe the journals were planted with some black magic ceremony to disturb anyone who read it. This is not unusual, I was involved in the occult many years ago. I never saw anything quite this involved though.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
the first page contains the date, a bit of writing, and a tally. The tally goes to eighteen. That is how many times she cut herself in one sitting. The the bottom, she writes, "Only that many times, and I fainted. I must be getting out of practice. Or maybe it's the anorexia."

After that, she writes about how her attempt failed, issues with her friends, and then them coming by to make her feel better by giving her four lines. Lines of what, I don't know. But it's probably either coc aine or meth.
DE

What the f'ck? I hate to say this, but I REALLY want to read that journal, REALLY want... It's actually so interesting that for a second I was thinking of sending you some money for a copy of it, but I can't since I don't have a credit card at my disposal.

You might call me an idiot and so on, but I the truth is, I like to psycho analyse these kinds of stories, and I usually just analyse small stories on bulletin boards, but this is SO much better as its an entire journal... Really, I have no problem with the gore or anything and it does not scare me, but I like these kind of books, dispite the 'evil' and 'pain' in them.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I would get a history on who all has lived in that house. Does your friend know the previous owners? Does he know why they moved out? How about the people before them?

Have you ever heard of a woman named Echo Bodine? She is a world renowned psychic and she specializes in ghost busting. I bet she would be very interested in this case. You can email her through her website at www.echobodine.com and either her or her partner will answer your email (I have emailed her before).

Anyways, ghosts feed off of fear. The more your friends show the spirit fear, the more the spirit will haunt and act up. Most ghost experts say the best way to deal with a spirit are to firmly tell them they are not welcome there and that they need to move on.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is pretty much where people got the term "F'cked up" from.

EDIT: This probably wasn't the most perfect one-liner, so to add alittle more to it, i'd like to state: Anorexia, on drugs, cutting herself eighteen times and being "out of practice", having GOOD friends that bring you a few lines of coc aine and snorts it with you on the couch. This is beyond what i'd call a problem child, lol... Actually feel abit sorry for her :/ *wanders off to think of a theory to purify a soul*.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Volatile]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I had a post written but lost it, so just a short reply.

Reading your first post, I got literally sick to my stomach. Something is going on in that house, I'm convinced. I advise some sage smudge sticks, white candles and a cleansing ceremony.

Here's a Good One.

Good luck to you all.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Alright, I consulted Simon again tonight. apparently, while he was talking to his buddy a few nights ago (while still in possession of the remaining journal) the toy went off again without provocation while he was standing right next to it. freaked him right out. Simon said that I should toss or torch the thing, for my sake. He's not taking it back. Nothing's happened at his place since I took it off his hands, but we'll see how long that holds out.

For that matter, aside from a freaky vibe, nothing happened to me.

Alright, now for more news: I asked Simon about the other journal. He says his wife chucked it pretty quick, because it got increasingly disturbing. Apparently - this is second or thirdhand, mind you- the second journal is actually the third in the series. The journal thrown out was the third, detailing what happened after the one I have ended. I'm not so sure, but apparently the girl got into a car accident, where she was crippled or paralyzed. Her boyfriend apparently began to cheat on her, and she had pages of "I want to kill (the boyfriend's name)." Drug use apparently increased, as did self-destructive behavior. The last entry in my journal is dated in early last year., so whatever happened happened not long ago. Whatever did happen, it was ugly as hell.

We never found the first, however a student card confirming the identity of the girl was recovered. If Simon can find it again, he'll give it to me to research. The card confirmed that yes, she lived in the house, and yes she's from around here.

that's about it. I'm gettign real nerved up, because it feels like somethings playing with the back of my neck. Fiddling with my chain and whatnot. More news when I have some.

DE

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Deus I agree with Benevolant, please have this place cleansed do not hesitate. I smudge every new place I move into. Other worldly beings have no right to violate my privacy. Play nice or go.
Just my oppinion.
WIS

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Simon's current belief is that the journals are the issue, not the house. I'm starting to agree with him, though next time I talk to him I'm going to suggest searching his hosue top to bottom for any other little totems.

DE

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
That was exactly my theory to begin with. Its not always the 'house' that is haunted... Its just that the soul is inside that house. The soul is sometimes emotionally-chained to a particular object.

Burn the journal, and wash the ashes with water is what I suggest. But find the last journal as well, as it might have more horror in it.

This actually made me think about satanism. This book should be in Satan's library, sector 4 to the left, Hell.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Greetings DX , i hope everything is well.
after lookin around for abit, i found something that you may like to see.
first off some info from the site ghosts.monstrous.com...

Origin :first accounts dated back from Antiquity

Description:inanimate objects that move, make noise or change shape. Sometimes a particular piece of furniture will refuse to change place, even moving in front of the owner's eyes. Other notorious haunted objects are the various means of transport ; phantom ships, ghost trains that rumble through the night on their old runs, even if the railway line has been removed.

Time : any time

Records : 100

Location : most often affects older objects that belonged to defunts and transports that had mortal accidents.

Famous : the Hope Diamond; the Flying Dutchman and the french ship La Belle Rosalie; the funeral train of Abraham Lincoln that appears on a certain day of April along a stretch of track in NY state.

This alone is interesting but then i read this from the same site.

Theory : Some objects are said to be cursed, other would be animated by spirits. Regarded haunted houses, some claims that the former inhabitants are still attached to what belonged to them in their former life on earth. So if a human ghost is not friendly towards you, perhaps it is because you changed something in their house like the carpet in their favorite room or something else that will change and alter the things that belonged to them in life.

Regarding trains, ships and other transports, it seems that their apparition is mostly linked to past dramatic facts. Their rehearsal would happen just as residual haunting.

This indeed could be the case with you .
I will look around some more but i thought i would post these finds first off.
One would think naturally that your friends would have moved things and altered the environment of your house some how as this is only natural when one moves homes.
Have a think about it,

Yours sincerely

Omega85

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Sarcasm: Damn my theories are good!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You could always sell the journal on ebay as a haunted object to some paranormal enthusiast.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join