It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China vs U.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I believe that the U.S went to war with China the U.S would win because

1. China spends 61 billion dollars a year on military while the U.S spends 518 billion dollars a year.

2. Most of Chinas aircrafts are outdated from 1970's and back.

3. The U.S has many allies and bases around china.

4. The U.S also has the largest navy in the world.

5. Things are changing in China culture wise so not all of the civilians would help fight.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
How about eco nomically? Where is just about every thing in America made now?
If China was your anwser your correct.

I'm wondering now, could be bad, they have all our money. World is at war, and they have no where else to go but up. While we the USA are at the top, slowing slideing as we hang on for the American way. Already the PC days of the short lived 90's are over, thank God for that too. I now blame everything on the 90's.

It works for me, and well considering I can't argue with your logic. All we really have is our military, every thing else is back burner. That is most obvious, judgeing by the budget spending. As you pointed out, we can dump hundreds of BILLIONS of U$ DOLLAR$ into DoD funding, how ever any thing else is not even mentioned.

No contest, not even a chance. China or any nation, even the US could be taken strategically, by one.

The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat...

Sun Tzu

Comes on besides, even I could take China. Every one knows, Bruce Lee and Samurai Jack both, could not lay a finger on me.

Bruce was China's best gift to the World.
Wish he and his son, both could have been a living Sensai for myself and others.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Okay ADVISOR, your on.

Strategically, the US can defeat any nation on earth? Have you forgotten the Vietnam war or the Korean war? Budget numbers or military statistics don't win a war. There are MANY factors that do - including the WILL OF THE PEOPLE to fight that war. The US lost the Vietnam war because the American people were not willing to fight that war. According to a reporter, "We did not lose the battle in the Mekong Valley, we lost the battle in the Mississippi valley.

In terms with China, do you think they will forget that as long as the American public opinion sides AGAINST a war, they will not win? The Chinese leaders are cunning, sly bastards. They won't make a move until they have a perfect setting.

For all you people who think that the US is invincible, just remember the Vietnam war.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
Strategically, the US can defeat any nation on earth? Have you forgotten the Vietnam war or the Korean war? Budget numbers or military statistics don't win a war. There are MANY factors that do - including the WILL OF THE PEOPLE to fight that war. The US lost the Vietnam war because the American people were not willing to fight that war.
For all you people who think that the US is invincible, just remember the Vietnam war.

Soon "will" won't matter. In wars that have the two most powerful nations in the world on their last limbs; will won't matter. Eventually it's going to be settled by who has the bigger bombs. The economic point is a great one though. Even if the U.S. did manage to "destroy" China with the "big bombs", there would still be the major economic disaster that would result from it. Major repurcussions in the U.S.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Someone please close this thread, it will go downhill fast, and there's a 150+ page thread on this very topic on here somewhere.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I believe that's the "Can China Invade Taiwan" thread, isn't it?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
Okay ADVISOR, your on.

Strategically, the US can defeat any nation on earth? Have you forgotten the Vietnam war or the Korean war? Budget numbers or military statistics don't win a war. There are MANY factors that do - including the WILL OF THE PEOPLE to fight that war. The US lost the Vietnam war because the American people were not willing to fight that war. According to a reporter, "We did not lose the battle in the Mekong Valley, we lost the battle in the Mississippi valley.

In terms with China, do you think they will forget that as long as the American public opinion sides AGAINST a war, they will not win? The Chinese leaders are cunning, sly bastards. They won't make a move until they have a perfect setting.

No one is invincible in guerilla warfare howver the US is the toughest to beat military vs military. Advisor are the Mod's allowing country vs country threads again????? By the way ominescent and Westpoint your background images are WAY too similar immight get confused

[edit on 14-5-2006 by urmomma158]
Nice backgrounds though.

[edit on 14-5-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Tell ya what, you have a figurative point. Speculative though, if the top brass would have had listened to their "Nam advisors", like say Powell and other famous ones. Along with the JFK school of warfare survivors, those two factors made the biggest impact. Strategically as well, but had the least support troops wise (come on the Nungs and other indigenous forces), and were ill used and even less so supplied. Even with first priority.

Sure some fire bases had it made, if you call it that. Such as the Tri border region, but if you had a even more remote location you were hard up. Heck the war in LAOS is some thing people today are just learning about. If the military advisors and special forces of the time, had it their way, instead of how the politicians wanted it. The Vietnam conflict eh hem war, would have been entirely different.

Just look how much good a little co operation in the Tet offensive did. Now factor in being allowed to be ready, instead on replying on a pencil pushers intel...

Only my opinion though, tactics and Sun Tzu win war.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Someone please close this thread, it will go downhill fast, and there's a 150+ page thread on this very topic on here somewhere.

Word

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
I believe that's the "Can China Invade Taiwan" thread, isn't it?

Yes, page 1 deals with the question “Can China Invade Taiwan” pages 2-150+ deal with US vs. China.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

All Posters Read This!
Please could members refrain from starting threads that are based around:
what is your favourite gun
who would win if the ??? and ??? went to war with each other
who has the best army/navy/airforce/secret service........
etc etc ...
This forum is for information about Military weapons technology past, present, and future.

*closed*

top topics

join