It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Link Unit Ad: "FU_K George Bush" -- It's created by Google!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Now this may sound paranoid but considering how tthe NSA is keeping track...maybe not all that paranoid.

Maybe the link is being posted to see who clicks on it...and therefore because they believe something negative about our Holy Supreme Leader they must be terrorists(insert any adjective you choose "terrorist" is just the current popular one) Thus giving them a "reasonable"(seeing as the new possible leader of the CIA believes that there is a resonableness standard instead of a "probable cause" standard in the constitution.), cause for "keeping tabs" on you and what you do.

Highly unlikely...but a plausible explination as to why those ads are getting passed Googles filters, no?

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Earlier today I disabled the "Link Unit" ads at the top until I hear back from Google that the ad has been corrected.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Earlier today I disabled the "Link Unit" ads at the top until I hear back from Google that the ad has been corrected.

is that why there was that arrow up there under the ATS tabs???

EDIT:

the arrow caused some funny confusion:

Whats with the ---> (arrow)...

[edit on 15-5-2006 by they see ALL]

[edit on 15-5-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
hehe personally i kinda find it funny.....hmm if it does generate those words cause so many people look it up...then maybe i should create a site and bid on it
make some mula

[edit on 5/15/2006 by ConfederacyOfUnity]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Here's an interesting conspiracy for our members to track down.

That "Fu_K George Bush" add is an AdSense Link Unit from Google.

That text, "Fu_K George Bush", is created by Google as the link to other ads relating to anti-Bush products. The text was not created by an advertiser.
well i use google adsense and it always puts my ad's up according to how i make it what was read there (from my understanding) shouldnt be from googles adsense engine itself but somebody's actual ad they created.

About 6-7 months ago i was chatting with a good friend and i showed him how you could type certian keywords into google and click i am feeling lucky and it would bring you directly to BUSH bashing websites, He being x-military having lost his brother and cousin in the iraqi war got pretty upset and called google and complained about it, shortly later he got a phone call from a high ranking google official apologising for what was found and said it is an ongoing issue with people manipulating there search engine abillity's and finding ways around there sensors for such things.
This was around the time google was pretty heated in congress when they refused to give the govt information on users searches, the google official actualy asked if he could keep it low with what he had seen so as not to stir up more problems with congress.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
yes madmachinist...

when one types in "failure" (i believe) into google's "i'm feeling lucky," you go to an official white house/ bush page...

it was very funny...

i am not sure if it works now...

Dae

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
when one types in "failure" (i believe) into google's "i'm feeling lucky," you go to an official white house/ bush page...

Not only does it still work but works even better, search 'failure' in regular google and the first site it provides is www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Not only does it still work but works even better, search 'failure' in regular google and the first site it provides is www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

that's funny...

but now we must get back to the original discussion:

"Google Link Unit Ad: "FU_K George Bush" -- It's created by Google!"...

is there any new news about this topic???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join