It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Link Unit Ad: "FU_K George Bush" -- It's created by Google!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just now in "My ATS" the ad displayed this:

"Ads By Google F**k George Bush President Bush Approval Democratic Republican Democratic Views"

I censored that myself; I'm sure you get the idea of what the ad said.

That sort of language doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that I was repremanded for mild language and lost what few points I had accumulated, only to check the "My ATS" page and see that sort of thing plastered across my screen and from a sponsor nonetheless.

That's kinda messed up, IMO.

-Vin

Modified title.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
That is kind of messed up. Anyone have any idea what add this is? I haven't seen it yet.

wupy

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I didn't see that either, but I agree. Pretty messed up to get repremanded for basically quoting a sponser. I'm sure the mods will see this as it is and fix your prob!??

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The Google ads pick up whatever keywords are relevant on the page and serves up the ad. I'm surprised they are accepting profane ads like that(Google). They must be desperate for funds.

Pie

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishmen3g
I didn't see that either, but I agree. Pretty messed up to get repremanded for basically quoting a sponser. I'm sure the mods will see this as it is and fix your prob!??

Ah mybad I didn't mean I got slapped for quoting a sponsor. I used 'tough language' in a thread I replied to, but nothing that the FCC wouldn't allow on the airwaves.

I didn't want to quote what the sponsor's ad said because I don't want to risk a second warning and dip even further into the negative. Impression I get is that people with negative ATS points don't look too good.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
No worries, I could care less about post points that I see, and thanks for settin' it straight!!!
Peace

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
They must be desperate for funds.

Pie

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Something's up! Because I just clicked on this thread and this is what I got at the top (note red box'd ad):

And I clicked on it and got Sorry! Google can't find that ad!

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
A Google ad with the headline, "F__k George Bush" would not only be against Google's editorial policies, their automated filters should hae rejected the ad.

If you end up seeing this ad, please take a screen shot and post it here with the target URL of the ad. We will file a complaint with Goolge.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
A Google ad with the headline, "F__k George Bush" would not only be against Google's editorial policies, their automated filters should hae rejected the ad.

If you end up seeing this ad, please take a screen shot and post it here with the target URL of the ad. We will file a complaint with Goolge.

I didn't take a screenshot, but I did save the actual page through Firefox. I can zip up the htm and accompanying folder if you supply me an email to send to.

-Vin

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
But SO, something is up, because here is the return when you click the "George Bush Sucks" ad...

George Bush Sucks

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
But SO, something is up, because here is the return when you click the "George Bush Sucks" ad...

George Bush Sucks

I just got that 'George Bush Sucks' one on this page as well.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I see "George Bush Sucks" all the time and have for a long time now. It is odd that it shows up but when you clik on it, "Sorry! We couldn't find any ads related to your topic. Please enter another topic below."

What is up with that?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Here you guys go.

tinypic.com...

The ad links to:

pagead2.googlesyndication.com

Well, sorta (ATS filter).

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 15-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
w0w...

very weird and interesting...

i am sure we will get to the bottom of this...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have the same issue too.

i2.tinypic.com...

Just as said by the one starting this post, I think this is unfair for the people who were ticketed points for the use of profanity.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

we have a picture:

Originally posted by llfrequencyll
I have the same issue too.

i2.tinypic.com...

Just as said by the one starting this post, I think this is unfair for the people who were ticketed points for the use of profanity.

let the great SO work his magic

EDIT:

great work llfrequencyll...

[edit on 14-5-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
vinrock, it looks as if you need to check your u2us!

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ah man, I just deleted all of em' about 10 minutes ago. Didn't notice anything new though?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here's an interesting conspiracy for our members to track down.

That "Fu_K George Bush" add is an AdSense Link Unit from Google.

That text, "Fu_K George Bush", is created by Google as the link to other ads relating to anti-Bush products. The text was not created by an advertiser.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join