It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So for the past few days I've had a tooth infection, or at least an infection in my mouth. Hurts like heck, but...Well...I really don't like the dentist. Actually, it's not the dentist I don't like, it's what (s)he makes me feel that I don't like.

So I've been dealing with the infection, taking large amounts of Advil and nailing my mouth with listerine just about every hour. The infection seems to have gone away, as there is no significant swelling or anything.

However, I was just probing the gum around the tooth that was bothering me, and my tongue came across something it really didn't expect. After several minutes of probing, then the use of dental tools (used for cleaning fossils, but apparently they can be used for dentistry, too! :0) and finally a tweesers, I pulled out of my gum a popcorn husk. WHAT?!

I had had popcorn about a week ago, and apparently a husk cut open my gum under the tooth and gave me the infection. Yet, somehow, my body decided to correct this problem and moved the husk through my gum to the outside of it, where it was poking out. Has anyone ever heard of anything like that? I'm rather shocked. Relieved I don't have to go to Mr. Dentist, but still...

MOD EDIT:
Even we forget the all-caps subject rule at times.

[edit on 5/21/06/21 by junglejake]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
When I had my wisdom teeth pulled out they had to break up a couple of the teeth. Well, they didn't get all of the chunks out of my lower left hole. It didn't get infected, due to the fact I was on amoxicillan for it, but for the next two weeks I had a lump on my gum. I didn't want to go back, so I just played with it with my fingers and tongue for maybe a week. After that, I realized it was gone. I think I ended up swallowing it.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I have had this sort of thing happen to me with popcorn husks a few times. Not quite as serious though.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
YES!

See my Butt kickin thread in my sig..
I lost a tooth due to infection that was triggered by popcorn, and massive amounts of gum chewing (nicorette)

JJ, I hate the dentist too..But I'll tell ya, when you get an infection that bad, it's a good idea to suck it up and go. Those infections can get embedded in other tissues, bone, or really any other part of your body..I'd hate for you to have to deal with something worse.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
how could you not notice that popcorn husk?!?!?!?!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
... you had seriously never had a corn husk stuck in your ums before... your ether lucky oe never really have pop corn lol...at first i though you had a mouth ulcar but thats funny.

yea i know it hurts and am glad you didn;t have to pay good money to see a dr so he could take a husk out

top topics

join