It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Brazilian Stonehenge" discovered...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wow, this is very interesting, I wonder how many more finds like this are out there...

Brazilian archaeologists have found an ancient stone structure in a remote corner of the Amazon that may cast new light on the region's past.

The site, thought to be an observatory or place of worship, pre-dates European colonisation and is said to suggest a sophisticated knowledge of astronomy.

Its appearance is being compared to the English site of Stonehenge.

The stones appear to have been laid out to help pinpoint the winter solstice, when the sun is at its lowest in the sky.

Link to BBC

Wow!

-- Boat

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You posted this about 5 hours ago and I just found it. I agree, this is interesting!
With all those satellites flying around , it sort of makes me wonder why it takes so long to find things like this. Good find.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is really interesting. I actually saw the same thing yesterday on Graham Hancock's website; he in fact linked to the same link you just did. From what little I know of that region's history, there were no known people advanced enough to have built that sort of thing. Well, apparently there were, and we just didn't know about them until now. This will be interesting to follow up on; maybe ancestors of the Incas or somebody like that built them? Who knows?

I'll bet that this discovery fuels the theories having to do with a lost ancient advanced civilization, like Atlantis. Some of those theories try to tie together sites in various parts of the world based on their similarities, like all of the different pyramids around the world. This will be a boost to that kind of theory, even though I don't believe in that, myself.

new topics

join