It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Thing at Local Craft Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I went to this little craft show thing in Griffin, Georgia. I hate that city. It's so...farmish. I hate the country life. There were like 7 booths set up total, all trying to sell me a bunch of crap. I only went because my friend's mom wanted me to, and his grandma was selling something there. Anyway, they had this one booth with this weird looking guy in it that just said stuff like "Strangest thing you've ever seen" "Would you like to know what this is? So would we!" and me and my friend were instantly like...scam. So he gave the guy a dollar to look, and he was walking up, thinking it'll be a mirror or something stupid and corny...I was just watching from outside the booth. He got to the aquarium with whatever it was inside it, and his face was like...different. He was laughing like "haha, it'll be a mirror" at first, then it was like...
"What the...." and the guy started explaining something to him and how he found it and that there were DNA tests and it had a skeletal structure and he thought it was fake at first, so he had it taken to a university and they confirmed it wasn't man-made, or fake or anything. Then I was asking what it was, and he couldn't really describe it very well. So, naturally, I had to see, so I went in. I looked at the creature and i was like...woah. It was this small, maybe 2 foot long, mermaid-type thing. It had hair, and a...semi-human face...meaning it had a nose, a mouth, ears, and eye sockets, but it had these weird hands. Like they had 2 claws on each of them, and had a fish looking tail. It was crazy. The hair was grey and kinda long, and the mouth had these big, pointed teeth jutting out, and it looked kinda like a neanderthal forehead. The body wasn't scaly, but sort of fleshy, but...more amphibious. The guy said he found it on the shores of Mississippi after the hurricane. He thought it was a hoax of some sort, but jsut to be sure, took it to(forgot name) University for testing. They confirmed it had a skeletal structure similar to humans and that it was a biological entity and not man-made. He was planning on selling it to some biological research facility at the end of the month or something, but wanted to show it off while he could. Now, this is all happening on the ONE day I don't bring my camera, my friend doesn't have his, my phone is not with me, and no one has a device to capture the creature on. So, no pictures. Sorry. It was pretty cool though.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by euwhajavb
the guy started explaining something to him and how he found it and that there were DNA tests and it had a skeletal structure and he thought it was fake at first, so he had it taken to a university and they confirmed it wasn't man-made, or fake or anything.

Just because he said that, doesn't mean it's true

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crookedblue

the guy started explaining something to him and how he found it and that there were DNA tests and it had a skeletal structure and he thought it was fake at first, so he had it taken to a university and they confirmed it wasn't man-made, or fake or anything.

Just because he said that, doesn't mean it's true

Yeah, I didn't really think about it at the time...Maybe he is lying.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Did it happen to look like this?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I dug up some pictures. naturally i didnt find the one i was looking for.. but lots of others.. but does it look similar to any these ??

And i dont know if any of these are real or not. but probably not i would say.

- looks very similar to the one in the post above.

- i like this better than the others atleast

Some more hoaxes.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by SilverSurfer]

[edit on 15-5-2006 by SilverSurfer]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I went to this little craft show thing in Griffin, Georgia.

If you are in georgia and interested in cryptozoology, you might be interested in this podcast, its an interview with two "georgia sasquatch" researchers:

wuog.org...

"What the...." and the guy started explaining something to him and how he found it and that there were DNA tests

Where are the results?

so he had it taken to a university

What university and who did the research and what kind of tests did they do?

The guy said he found it on the shores of Mississippi after the hurricane.

Seems like a simple carnival show, just at a different sort of venue. Saying it was from the hurrican is interesting too, it ties a tramatic event to 'weird surfacings', which is common. Seems to be an 'appealing' " concept that helps the story be passed along.

It was pretty cool though.

Sounds neat. I wouldn't beleive the guy for a second, especialyl the blather about selling it to a research facility, something valuable wouldn't be exposed to being stolen at a local trade show.

Sounds like the guy did a great job of being a carny. Good for him, its a dying art!

Wow, fascinating to see how many mermaid frauds there are from all those photos! I am aware of people stiching monkey and fish remains together in the past, didn't realize it was this widespread!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Woah that thing is awsome id love one to scare my motherinlaws kids lol

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The creepy thing is how ancient this legend is.

They were called "Nommo" meaning "the monitors" and their home planet was in the Sirius system orbiting Emme Ya. The Nommo stayed on Earth for some time teaching.They are described as having arms and legs but also a fish tail, that they breathed through 2 holes in their back, had a slimy skin, and pointed teeth.

Dagon was the fish-god of the Philistines. Under different names he was also founder of the Sumarian, Babylonian, and Chinese civilizations. It was recorded by the ancient Greeks that the Babylonian civilization had been founded long before the great flood by amphibious beings called Oannes, Musari, or Annedoti. The latter 2 names mean "abominations" and "repulsive ones". Despite the names these rulers were greatly loved and credited with providing us with all knowledge and learning and the founding of civilizations.

www.exodus2006.com...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
thats pretty crazy but it couldve been an infant that had the disease that deforms the legs together idk just a thought

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It's called a Fiji Mermaid-- my dad used to have one. It's a big mix of taxidermied animals. Usually a monkey and a fish or alligator. The whole thing was first started by PT Barnum who made tons of money off the sideshow attraction. Now they're everywhere. Some of them even have thick furry hides or wings!

It's basically the "mermaid" form of the Jackalope.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
According to Edgar Cayce, in Atlantis, there were creatures called Abominations, or untouchables, who were part human part animal, that pre-existed the humanoid atlanteans, they were used as slaves ands beasts of burden due to their slow mental growth in comparison to their humanoid neighbours, over many thousands of years they grew into the 'working' class of Atlantean society. When Atlantis was destroyed, they scattered, there were some survivors who fled to places like Egypt, where they were worshipped as gods.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The fact that the guy charged money just to let you see it should be the first sign that something is a bit off. If it was a real creature, he (or most people) would submit it to be displayed to the world and carefully scientifically proven by multiple authorities. Surely making global news would be a lot better than making a few bucks a day off of gullible kids.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hang on guys!

I just have to ask this rather stupid question.

What was it doing when you saw it? Was it alive? Swimming in the aquarium? or was it dead?

I mean, hey it wasn't mentioned in euwhajavb' s post.

new topics

top topics

join