It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding Aircraft Assets Outside Tucson, Arizona....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was reading an article that had a reference to a plane being stored near Tucson because of the climate, so I started looking for the satellite pictures of the area.
The area that I looked at is in the center of this map from Google Maps, called Marana.

But if you switch to the sat. view near the airport you can see blacked out areas.

Google maps won't show the fields that are blacked out, so I looked at Google Earth.
Notice the area that looks like the letter F.

Here's a zoom.

After getting no images from Google I pulled up the NASA images for the same area.

The 1 meter USGS Ortho images show this.

Here's a zoom of the same area.

I tried to see the area with other satellite images, but LandSat 7 data has very poor resolution, so you can't see anything. And any of the other NASA World Wind layers only show a blur.

But you can see what looks like someone has written something on one of the fields in the USGS Ortho image, but I can't read what it says. I'm hoping that one of our members might be able to enhance the writing with a Photoshop program or something.
I have trouble just resizing an image, so any help would be appreciated.............

The images from USGS look like they've been less obviously covered (air-brushed, clone painted ? ) so that people wouldn't notice, but it really looks like someone wrote something in the one area of the image.

Many other areas are blacked out around Marana.

And here's a pretty good idea of the type of parking lots that exist under the masking.

But why hide all this ?
I'm sure anyone that wanted to take a drive through the area could see what's out there, and any U.S. enemy has their own sat. images that are current and without masking. I don't see the point of covering this up.

I'm curious if any members are familiar with the area, and if they know what's parked on all those hidden fields.
Is it commercial aircraft from carriers that went under, or planes that got too old ?
Is it retired military planes that are being stored for emergencies, or saved for parts ?

NASA World Wind
Google Maps
Google Earth

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 14/5/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
When I zoom in, it just looks like dense vegetation to me - the "black" isn't of a uniform density, and in several of the fields you can make out rows of what are probaly some type of crop. It just happened that at the time of year that the google pics were taken, the crops were particularly dense.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The Davis Monthan aircraft storage facility is located just outside Tucson Arizona, just down the road from me in fact.

This is doubtless what the author is referring to, no conspiracy here, they even do tours for civilians.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Just looks like crops to me.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Marana is a C-eye-A base. Evergreen Aviation operates there also, and many think it's a front. The Boneyard is where they're storing rows of all kinds of hardware some -14's -15's -16's A10's and even a few F111's in plain view from. The boneyard is shown below outlined in red:

And here's Marana.

Avra Valley is a General Aviation airport with lots of agriculture around it. I've overflown the field, they're not hiding anything at Avra.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Dunno if this helps but, Farmers sometimes use large rolls of black plastic (mainly Dow chemical made) to cover their entire fields before planting. it speeds up the reattrition of nutrients into the soil and helps with planting times. Not to say thats whats goin on here, just thought it could add some insight into what it MIGHT be.

Parts of Arizona is the sister farmland to this valley and the salinas valley. check into it, see what u find.

join