It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garlic Is Toxic ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I read this garlic bashing news awhile ago.
I think the antidote can be found in the movie "Goodfellows".

Watch the scenes when the mafia boss and a few of the syndicate family are in prison. See how they "process the garlic with a razor blade, heat, and other ingredients.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'd be dead if this was true. I made some chicken adobo once that surely would have killed me and my child. I believe it had 10 cloves- for a few chicken thighs.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
cams & Long Lance, thanks for the clarification. Its just the way the sentence is worded that I thought cams regrew his hair back. Btw, I also read about garlic for hair regrowth on a hairloss forum that's why I was particularly interested in hearing your story. I guess I'll have to try it out on myself to find out if it works or not.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cams

I like your write up, you did some thorough research on Dr. Beck. I read the same material on garlic. However, understand that garlic has been put directly onto wounds in battlefied conditoins, I presume ground garilc and juice, as a clove would just roll off. This would contradict the Beck statement of its 2nd use, as a poison for arrowheads. Beck may be right on many things, but being human subject to err. He also advocated making CS-colloidal silver directly from tap water, you see it in his video lecture, by and large that is not recommended by any responsible person now, but replaced with distilled water only. I would like to see more research on this topic, as I also believe that Beck was not lying when he stated that encephalgrams (?) showed brain dead readings after eating garlic, he also funded a study by Stanford U. with the same results. I think there is room for more research in this matter. Unfortunately, I have not seen other scientists, medical researchers follow up and seize onto this controversal subject. By the way, I like this forum, it allows us to say something, be it anonymous, but hits the spot, captures immeidate response and is moderated. I like that very much vs others that require tedious registration, and passowords that are forgotten by the next click. Three cheers for the format set up and hard work of the moderators, unsung heros in these cases.

Bob

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
"garlic lowers chances of getting cancers"

maybe toxicity is why.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Another thing you may not know about garlic is that it can burn if you decide to ever peel and chop a garlic clove using your fingernail. Try it.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Red Shield]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

I head ya on the garlic headache when you smell someone cooking with it. This is a new development for me though, since the end of my first trimester, I am now well into my second, the smell and taste of garlic is enough to trigger a massive headache with nausea!!! And mostly just the nausea.

I too have a reflection

I would like to add though that my bestfriend's husband is a pilot and he is big into Olive Garden (where I am sure everything has garlic) and if he was instructed not to fly after consuming garlic, I think he would choose is food! ;-)

I hope this passes though after I have my baby, I miss having some warm buttered garlic bread with my lasagna!!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I hope not.. I eat it by the clove 2x daily and take supplements to help control my High Blood pressure without medications.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Garlic does cross the BBB, that's how it fights meningitis.

I'm no medical expert, I just did some searching on Google Scholar with my university database access. Garlic is not unique in this ability to cross the Brain Blood Barrier. Gingko does as well, and so does aspirin and a million other common things.

I personally have never felt mal-effects from garlic, no matter what I ate beforehand (and I eat A LOT of garlic, at times a whole bulb a day, esp. if I feel a cold coming on). However I did read an article about heavy metal toxicity in Chinese ginger and I assume that would also be true of other things, like garlic. Better to stay away from ANYTHING chinese as far as I'm concerned. Their environmental protections are non-existent. And if you get lead to the brain, good luck curing that with Accupuncture! I suggest you buy organic and local.

Now, as for garlic decreasing reaction time, I've never noticed that personally, and the so-called "private Stanford study" that Beck says he funded is so private that it does not exist in any database on the planet, which means it was never published, which means it was deemed to be worthless by peer reviewers, probably.

In fact, garlic INCREASES alertness and speeds reaction time, according to this study I found on PubMed (search garlic eeg, it's the only one that comes up, doi:10.1016/S0167-8760(98)00025-7)! It turns out smelling almost anything will change your EEG in all respects. Pleasant smells, esp. CHOCOLATE and SPEARMINT reduce theta levels and relax you, which makes you less alert, according to this study. Alpha and beta waves are also discussed as components in alertness.

My advice: go and remove those car fresheners!

P.S. Beck is a total fraud in general. Just like Hulda Clark and the rest of the quack doctors. I'm glad he's dead... of HEART FAILURE. Yeah, that's what happens when you do as he advises, and "electrocute your blood" regularly...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Garlic is very dangerous and can cause bleeding and brain bleed hemragges too.

remember it is used to kill vampires.

you must not take this.

Garlic can cause sudden bleeding and lower blood pressure.

it gives of a vile smell.

ALSO YOU WILL STINK AND NOT GET SEX.

contact your doctor for an FDA approved medication.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join