It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more so than not SATAN is impersonating men...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
Jesus cast out seven evil spirits from the disciple he loved more than the other, and when Satan tried to stop Jesus from washing Peter's feet, he cast him out of Peter. But he had to suffer the consequence: the incident with the rooster. Compare Peter's denial with the feetwashing.

???
Clarify these statements, please. What 7 evil spirits? How did Satan try to stop Jesus from washing Peter's feet? What demon did he cast out of Peter? What does this have to do with his denial?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't expect anyone to agree with me here, just understand me..I'm glad you all do *now*

Yes I'm aware that alot of the writings/prophesies in the bible have come and gone way before us. And that is one of the main reasons I don't follow, argue, or interpret the bible. I honestly just go with what I feel inside, and therefore stay away from religions and debates *usually* involving religion. There is no more strength in numbers when you feel the strength of God inside you..meaning following a religious doctrine or belief doesn't make anyone any more stronger or closer to God then someone who just *believes*..

Thanks Mikro for clearing the air..I don't think I could have slept if it hadn't had been

Mags

[Edited on 10/19/03 by magestica]

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
???
Clarify these statements, please. What 7 evil spirits? How did Satan try to stop Jesus from washing Peter's feet? What demon did he cast out of Peter? What does this have to do with his denial?

Mary Magdalen which Jesus loved more than the other disciples, who are possibly the beloved disciple, Jesus meant to be wife and the author of the Gospel of John, was possessed by seven evil spirits which Jesus cast out of her.

Lu 8:2 and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and sicknesses: Mary who was called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out,

And when Jesus wanted to wash Peter's feet, he refused three times (ie. denied him three times). Then Jesus says to Peter or rather to the Adversary who had possessed him and made him think the way he did out of ignorance:

Mt 16:23 But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."

Peter wasn't Satan. But Satan possessed him there for a while. At the time Satan went from disciple to disciple in order to find the one who would deceive Jesus and hand him over to the judges on false premises. In the end Jesus let him stay in Judas Iscariot. Judas was the last of them to be possessed, because Satan "loved" him the most. He hoped it would be one of the other. And this speeks for itself. Jesus has the power to save whoever he decides should live and the power to destroy whoever he likes. Thank God that he is the way he is. Jesus isn't the kind Santa Clause most Christians prophecy about. He is a stone hard king who is fed up with all the hipocricy in the world. He demands everything from you to save you. If you love your family more than Jesus, you can go to Hell he says.

Mt 10:37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

So when Satan comes and gives you the choice between your family and Jesus. What will your answer be? My guess is that you'd prefer bliss instead of suffering if you had the choice, right?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

And when Jesus wanted to wash Peter's feet, he refused three times (ie. denied him three times). Then Jesus says to Peter or rather to the Adversary who had possessed him and made him think the way he did out of ignorance. Peter wasn't Satan. But Satan possessed him there for a while. At the time Satan went from disciple to disciple in order to find the one who would deceive Jesus and hand him over to the judges on false premises. In the end Jesus let him stay in Judas Iscariot. Judas was the last of them to be possessed, because Satan "loved" him the most. He hoped it would be one of the other. And this speaks for itself. Jesus has the power to save whoever he decides should live and the power to destroy whoever he likes. Thank God that he is the way he is.

Matthew 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
Matthew 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee
Mt 16:23 But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."

This has nothing to do with Peter's refusal to allow Jesus to wash his feet once let alone 3 times. It has to do with Peter telling Jesus that the crucifixion and resurrection wouldn't happen to Jesus. His response to Peter's refusal to allow Him to wash his feet was:

John 13:6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
John 13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
John 13:8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
John 13:9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also [my] hands and [my] head.

Peter's denial of Christ was when Jesus was arrested, and there is no mention of Peter being possessed by Satan. At best, there are implications that Jesus influenced the circumstances surrounding this incident to put Peter in his place, as he was becoming too self-righteous.

John 13:36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.
John 13:37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.
John 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.

The only reference to possession by an evil spirit was about Judas Iscariot. And even this appears to be controlled by the will of God not Satan, himself. If this is a reference to an actual presence, the spirit appears to be subcontracted by God to do his bidding.

John 13:26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped [it]. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave [it] to Judas Iscariot, [the son] of Simon.
John 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
John 13:28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

Jesus isn't the kind Santa Clause most Christians prophecy about. He is a stone hard king who is fed up with all the hypocrisy in the world. He demands everything from you to save you. If you love your family more than Jesus, you can go to Hell he says.

Actually the primary thing that enables us to be a "friend of Jesus" is to love each other, that's it, just to love each other. By doing so, we are acting as Jesus would act and endear ourselves to Him.

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

[quote]So when Satan comes and gives you the choice between your family and Jesus. What will your answer be? My guess is that you'd prefer bliss instead of suffering if you had the choice, right?

Actually, no, bliss is not my preference, if it is material bliss now vs. spiritual bliss after I die. I think, sometimes, that I would like to be blindly content, but I have never had that option. I was born with a spiritual connection to all living things, and have never been able to pretend that I didn't.
I do not, however, believe that Satan is an actual being. I think that he is the symbol of the evil side of our nature. Hell is not "fire and brimstone" but eternal separation from God. This is just as bad in a spiritual sense, but not as good at scaring people into following religious rules & doctrines.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Magestica,

I assume that bigsage is referring to the balance of evil in all men (men and women I believe equally). Where the balance tips towards the evil side.

Oh there is evil out there, I have had several valuable things stolen from me in the past few months. Believe me there are people hurting others out there. For those here that think that anything goes all I have to say to them is 'grow up.'

I see the world sinking into evil and I agree with bigsage on this. We are running into the wall and the wall is not going to break but civilization will.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Is this really any different then last year or the last century or beyond? Evil is out there, I agree completely and it will always be here, on earth..maybe even in the heavens, who knows for sure..
People steal, rob, rape, murder, lie, fight, starve, torture, the list of terrible things humans do & endure can go on and on..some have intentions, some have none, they just do it to do it..I've done evil things in my life, I'm not above it. But I'm not going to judge anyone..and I'm not going to ignore these acts either..I'm just going to live here amongst it all and hope that the end result gives us the answers and peace we all desire. Because as it stands there is no way for me to justify someone elses actions whether it be good or evil. I'm not in any position to do so.
Magestica

I will however justify my own and do so all the time..

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
satan "adversary;satan." this word has two clear references: (a)an evil being who is the opponent of the true god, Job 1:6-12;2:1-7; (b)a human being who is an opponent to god or another human, Ps.38:20;71:13;109:4;...

in reference to mikor. post...
the appellation was given by the lord to Peer, as a "satan-like" man, on the occasion when he endeavored to dissuade Him from death, Matt.

satan is not simply the personification of evil influences in the heart, for he tempted CHRIST, in whose heart no evil thought could ever have arisen(john 14:30; 2 cor. 5:21; heb. 4:15)...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join