It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Da Vinci Code Movie -- ATS threads about the Da Vinci code

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
right on axisjon, this book/movie are a spring board for the antichrist to rise up not long from now, IMO, and people are taking the bait hook, line & sinker

P.S. i guess this header is so people wont start anymore threads on this to keep the chatter down on this subject

[edit on 21-5-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
End times? A fictional book leading people astray? The devils hand in this? What in twelve types of frosted glass are you on about!

There is no proof of the end times as the bible says, that's if the bible is even factual as there is NO proof it is. The devil is not leading people astray with this book, i mean come on i think the devil can come up with something a tad better than this. That is again saying the devil exists, i'm agnostic so i have no idea.

So if the devil has his/her/it's hand in this then does him/her/it also have it's hand in the film "The Life of Brian"? What about all those other pesky religions? Does the devil think them up? I mean loads of them all believe in one god just by a different name and worship in a different way. I am willing to bet that if god exists he/her/it wouldn't mind how you worshiped as long as you didn't do something horrible.

The Da Vinci Code is a nice little read, it's a fictional book afterall. We shouldn't bow to religion, telling us we cannot read something because it's against their beliefs and is insulting. If everything was treated that way then there would be nothing new to read. I mean look at copernicus, religion slowed that area of science down for a while, along with egyptology.

The Da vinci code is a good book and looks like a good film, stop whining about this being offensive. My parents are religious and they don't give a damn. My father even said that let's say it was true, just for the sake of arguement. Well he wouldn't stop being religious as he thinks it is the lessons in the religion that are important and not whether jesus got busy or not.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54

I wonder if the same people read Dr. Seuss and believe there really is a hat-wearing cat that talks in rhyme.

Lock your doors at night people!

[edit on 22/5/0606 by Korsyn01]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
End times? A fictional book leading people astray? The devils hand in this? What in twelve types of frosted glass are you on about!

the fact is that 52% of christians that have read the book now question their faith on top of the fact that the bible says "in the last days that many will give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils" ....the fact is that their are those who are believing what is written in this book as truth !!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
the fact is that 52% of christians that have read the book now question their faith

May I ask where you get this from - source? Did they ask all Christians who've read the book, and if so, would a Christian admit that he/she question Chrsitianity after reading the book?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

the fact is that 52% of christians that have read the book now question their faith on top of the fact that the bible says "in the last days that many will give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils" ....the fact is that their are those who are believing what is written in this book as truth !!

Then they weren't very good Christians were they? The number of people who call themselve Christians but never crack open a Bible continues to astound me. I would never choose a lifestyle of Christianity without understanding what I'm getting into. How can I live a "Christian" life or follow Jesus, if I don't know what what Jesus said?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well I am now attempting to study this whole big debate. all what this just might be about>

It does seem that just perhaps there just might be far more to what history ahs and is saying all about what really did happen way back 2000 2500 year's ago during Christ time.

As of yet the whole debate just might be up for grabs.

But what if and that just might be one of these very big if's in time

What if any of this just might be true at all

Just suppose that Jesus did have a wifee or trust In Mary so waht very much stranger stuff has happpened..

So what if he just might have done this and did trust here like that.

Hey I have always thought that there just might be far more to tjis whole religion thing then was ever being let on.

Having left the church myself when i was 18 and going my own way.

With the knowledge i was able to glean from those teachings.. The very whole idea is very simple A child can get ti and hang on to it for the rest of his or here life.
But anyway i after all of that did question just what and where it might lead

And it is now my conclusion that it will lead to this current questioing once again

That religion is to be questioned it is not the go all or be all of all time at all

But is to be reasoned with .

And somehow come up with some kind of personal answerer. that just might fit one's personal jounery through it all

I can go much futher with the whole question and i will if you might care to listen.

But for now I am sure going to listen myself and try to come up with some kind of personal answerers that most problay will lead to many more questiones and that is a very good thing i do think.

Thsi last week on the history channel they have been debating the whole thing which i do feel is very good.

Anyway let's try to really listen and find out just everything we can about it hmmm

And just maybe we might find the way yet.

If we even might still make it indeed!:.

Jay!:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
OK I SAY WE DO THIS AND FORGET ABOUT WHO BELIEVES IN WHAT OR WHAT BOOK IS TRUE AND ALL OF THAT STUFF. THIS IS MY PLAN WHY DONT WE ALL WAIT TILL WE DIE AND SEE WHO IS REALLY RIGHT. THE FUNNY THING TO ME ABOUT SO CALLED RELIGIONS IS THAT IF YOU LOOK AT MMOST OF THE MAJOR ONES THAT THEY ALL SAY THERE IS ONE GOD WHAT IF THAT GOD IS THE SAME ONE. BUT IF THE BIBLE SAY THAT WE NEED TO BELIEVE IN JESUS BEING OUR SAVIOR THEN WHY NOT BELIEVE IN IT NOTHING IN THE BIBLE IS GOING TO TELL YOU TO DO ANYTHING HARMFULL OR IMMORAL, SO WHY NOT JUST BELIEVE IN IT. ANYWAYS I WOULD HATE TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE IF THIS TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE. BETTER SAFE THEN SORRY

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

the fact is that 52% of christians that have read the book now question their faith

May I ask where you get this from - source? Did they ask all Christians who've read the book, and if so, would a Christian admit that he/she question Chrsitianity after reading the book?

this was in a news letter put out by the AG denomination a poll was apparently taken of several different denominations. it's nothing i can post online because the source is a hard copy but still it sounds legit

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Gemwolf, can't speak with any documented statistics, however I have spoken to friends of mine who of course are believers and they do admit that the Davinci Code has maybe created doubts in some places,particulary in reference to the bloodline, personally myself I dont buy into none of it.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Gemwolf, can't speak with any documented statistics, however I have spoken to friends of mine who of course are believers and they do admit that the Davinci Code has maybe created doubts in some places,particulary in reference to the bloodline, personally myself I dont buy into none of it.

The real question is does it reallly matter? Like i said earlier my father is religious but doesn't care if any of it was true. I mean it's a fictional book but hey if it was true then it's the teachings of the religion that matter. Don't go out and kill people, treat people as you want to be treated all that sort of stuff.

Again it is a fictional book but i already believed some of that stuff before the book was ever written, just from my own opinions. Anyone who reads this book and has a revelation so to speak, is someone who is very easily lead.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas

Originally posted by dave_54
The DaVinci Hoax is a sad commentary on our society and our education systems.

So many people believe a fictional book (Dan Brown says it is fictional, and recently Ron Howard reiterated his movie is fictional).

I wonder if the same people read Dr. Seuss and believe there really is a hat-wearing cat that talks in rhyme.

Hmm, this reminds me of another book...oh whats its called...The bible thats it!

REPLY: Twit! It is not an uncommon occurance by man to refuse that which places him in a position of insecurity, or makes him afraid. Many hundreds of documents and artifacts lend credence to the existance of Jeshua (Jesus).

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

REPLY: Twit! It is not an uncommon occurance by man to refuse that which places him in a position of insecurity, or makes him afraid. Many hundreds of documents and artifacts lend credence to the existance of Jeshua (Jesus).

Who said that jesus didn't exist? I reckon he did, i also reckon he was a great magician. On the other hand maybe he was the son of god. Sadly you have no proof either way, you have a book that says so. I could write a book proclaiming myself to be the son of a eunuch, doesn't mean it's true.

You are relying on belief and are trying to discount anyone else's argument by saying they are insecure or afraid. If god exists then that is far less scary then death being the end, why do so many not believe in it then? I am agnostic because i think it is the only sensible position.

MJM

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It's reported that Jesus was Jewish and a Rabbi. If that was true, then in his day Rabbi's were expected to marry and have children. So why wouldn't he?

MJM
Author of 'Universal Tides: Barbed Wire Blues'

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm just gonna jump in and say just what made me question the christian faith...

when someone at church sits there and wispers, well, if her husband doesn't want her to be here, maybe she shouldn't....well, I really think that I shouldn't!!! and I really think it is a flaw in the religion itself. run through it in your mind a few times....husband wants wife to be something other than christian, wife wants to be christian, christianity tells wife to obey husband.. and well, salvation is open to all....who accept christ and become christian...

the churches are probably feeling threatened by this movie because it counters that one main doctrine of their religion....men are to lead....women are to endure...
they've been pushing pretty strong the past decade or so to counter the feminist movements, in their churches and then into the political arena. and then books and movies like this come out and again remind us all that it just might not be the way God intended it to be.

to be honest, if I had run across something like this back then, when I heard that wisper, I would have still left the church, but I would have kept the god. Instead, I spent decades, picking up peices of the puzzle here and there and still prefer a feminine diety over a masculine one.

Christianity is not open to all women, only those who's husbands and fathers don't disapprove. and there in a nutshell is it's flaw.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
as a Christian, avid reader of all of the Da Vinci's book, I am yet to view the film, I see nothing wrong with the book or the movie, it's fiction. All those who say it's a work of the Devil it's just plain hogwash. Hogwash... et al. Remember all works of fiction are based on factual events rite? So there are some facts to the whole Da vinci Code, Holy Blood Holy Grail thing , rite? just as the mythology of the Trojan War is based on real and factual events that took place centuries before rite? The Nicene Council in 325 A.d took place rite? Rite. There's an organization called the Opus Dei? Rite? Yes. There's a coverup/conspiracy? Yes. Can the tail of Jesus according to the Gnostic Gospels, Da Vinci Theory, be proven? Plausible? maybe? Think about it.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Great 360deg QTVR photos of places of interest in The Da Vinci Code.

Rennes le Château · Milan · Paris · London · Rosslyn Chapel

panoramas.dk.

(Quicktime needed)

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM

Originally posted by tracer
I'm in agreement with you Axisjon, I believe that the DaVinci Code is a work of the Devil just as the Bible tells us, there will be many led astray by false prophets and the works of the Devil.

1)Except that the bible doesn't mention the Works of Leonardo or Dan Brown.

2)Nor are either of those two false prophets.

3)Anyone who finds their faith "challenged" or is "Led astray" but a work of fiction that cant' even get it's basic facts right(see my previous posts) needs to try researching things and thinking, since it is obvious they aren't.

I totally agree with I_AM_that_I_AM.

The Bible was written many years BEFORE Leonardo DaVinci or Dan Brown existed. How do you know the Bible is not true? There is historical evidence that it was written many hundreds of years AFTER the events happened. Plenty of time to convieniently forget a few contradicting facts. 1 more thing. Everyone says how god created the world and god did this that and the other, but Christianity didn't even exist until Jesus.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join