It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's so bad about NWO?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well, I can't find the quote, but Hillary Clinton has publicly stated that 1984 by George Orwell is one of her favorite books. She read it in college and said it had a profound effect on her. She said it "both fascinated and terrified" her, or something like that.

(if anyone has the exact quote please post it)

This is well worth noting when you consider that she is almost certainly going to be the next President.

The book 1984 is what the NWO is going to be like. If you don't know what that means or even if you do...www.orwelltoday.com...

Look at it another way. Overall in say the last 30 or so years has personal freedom and personal privacy for the most part increased or decreased?

Do people generally have more or less personal freedom and privacy now than they did 30 years ago?

If you say less, which they do, then why would you think the government is someday going to magically reverse itself and give people back the freedom they've been systematically stealing for the last 30+ years?

Doesn't it make more sense to figure that they'll keep doing what they've been doing, encouraged by the fact that they've gotten away with so much, for so long? Untill they have it all? (Freedom)

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
well... that was really wierd... you just contradicted yourself if I'm not taking it the wrong way...

also If aliens invaded we'd need a world government yes and a world government wouldn't neccesarily be so bad now. The problem with this one is:

If its so great why is it so secret
as you said, killing off 80% of the population (I can agree with some kind of control on the population but honestly...)
I like my privacy
I like the constitution

you like the constitution??? read the patriot act... www.infowars.com...

over view... www.infowars.com...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
And thats why I dont like nwo is because I like the constitution! I never said that I was a huge fan or anything! I already looked at that stuff.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
but why can't a NWO and constitution both exist simultaneously?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
They could but this nwo has chosen not to so far. I'm all for an nwo but just not this one.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
so how about we all start up a rival nwo?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Heck why not... Where to start though... I guess with the easy stuff... lotta things wrong with the world...

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NegativeBeef
so how about we all start up a rival nwo?

im sure by now there are many oraganizations that fight globalization, the ant-neoconservative bunch. start by joining with one of those organizations and see where they are at.

en.wikipedia.org...

i think this article might overshoot it a bit, but it seems the anti-globalists are making tred and they are becoming even stronger. if you were to going these rallies it could posibly help matters.

i never thought of it myself, but im rootin for them, and ill root for you too.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I am such a big Marley fan, and he sounds pro-NWO to me in that song. What about 'Come Together', and 'Imagine there's no countries...' by John Lennon as being pro One World Gov't. Power to the people. Remember, in 1776, when the constitution and declaration of independence were created, 'all men are created equal', and liberty and justice for all, yadda yadda... Jefferson had a whole shanty town of slaves earning him money, and the Native Americans were the target of a new campaign of genocide that was just being born... Individual rights were not so universal as some might like to believe. Today, many ethnic groups are more free than ever before. In Canada, in 1960, we generously recognized our First Nations as being 'persons' after all, and therefore allowed to participate in our free democracy by being able to cast a ballot and vote. Forty Six years ago. In 1992, Mauritania, I think, abolished slavery. Within the last decade Alabama legalized interracial marriages, etc.
I am a glass half full guy, and I see that it is quite feasible for the future global unification to be a step forward for human rights and social welfare. It is just going to be at the cost of some of the earths wealthier peoples luxuries, thats all.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I don't really care or interested in them NWO or illuminatis what ever they are.But Interested int he magic they use.
Im not afraid of them lot's of people can defeat/defense them. I read about it said something about new world order.Like I said a Nation can do whatever they want no one should order them to do anything.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm all up for starting a rival organization :

The Nihilistic World Order.

Within it we come to terms with how much of our paranoia is really the product of our own fear and propaganda from others.

Once we come to terms with the world and with ourselves, we can all sleep easier at night knowing that Nothing Is Wrong With The World.

DENIAL. It's a great coping mechanism.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawaii_boy.Like I said a Nation can do whatever they want no one should order them to do anything.

ummmm.... what??? Do you realise what your saying... had a few too many when you posted that???

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456

Originally posted by Hawaii_boy.Like I said a Nation can do whatever they want no one should order them to do anything.

ummmm.... what??? Do you realise what your saying... had a few too many when you posted that???

No one should order anyone around, in theory, but in reality, lots of unsavoury things become 'necessary evils'. No one should kill, but when it is in self defense, it can be understandable. The US, among many others, has been ordered to comply with UN resolutions, and has not done so. Sometimes orders are not followed, and then what do you do? The Courts decided in Canada's favour over and over in the softwood lumber dispute, but their decisions were appealed each time by the US. There was a local politician who was once quoted answering a question about how the government could do what they had just done by replying, " We're the government, we can do whatever we want." Zirnhelt or something similar was the Ministers surname.
In a perfect world all nations would act ethically, and endeavor to treat each other equally, but this world ain't perfect. The one world government concept is one idea that has a chance of improving things for the impoverished peoples of the world. I don't see any better option myself.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
but in what context. Killing civilians and a nation killing its own citizens is not right no mater what banner it is under. I agree killing is mandatory, possibly even torture but there better be a good reason.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Im of the belief that the NWO doesnt represent a 'one world government' per say but rather its a collection of ideals that each country should acheive, in a similar vain to the United Nations, although possibly a constitition would need to be drafted up though.

The Ideals I would hope for would be based on freedom and respect.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I don't think that a one world government is overly wrong. Even one that needs to surveille us constantly, But this NWO has do divide us by removing the internet, use false wars to get their bills to past, Kill thousands of civilians to do anything, label all guilty untill proven guilty, Kill off most of us, Invent issues to keep us needing them.
Our government requires change its already firmly within the grasp of nwo. Theres too much chaos to have any side currently in existance. People are going the wrong route with left or right, The true direction is upp with a new side.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Maybe now is a good time to go "underground" and drop out of topside matters.

I've been watching this whole thing for several years now, and it always seems to be right before a major revelation in thought on a mass scale - new art, symbols, ideas and social awareness...

This is a great time for writers, artists and other creative individuals to address the problem by offering an alternative to what we have now - and coming together online is a great forum for this.

Right now there are several underground movements in these genres underway, and as soon as they get consolidated we're most likely going to get a break from what we've been through the past several years.

It's no coincidence that conservative administrations are almost always accompanied by a strong counter in media - but this time, the tactics are obvious, outdated and increasing in their hostilities.

I know it sounds corny - but we need another revolution in thought and creativity that offers a better perspective on life that what's being shoveled in our faces right now.

I've had it up to here with the television (it's off full time now) and the radio (same 20 songs on repeat). The brainwashing has got to stop sometime, and we need to find an outlet for our own voices in a constructive and artistic format.

It doesn't matter what format you chose - as long as it puts out positive energy to combat this overwhelming wash of negative hostility.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am unable to go underground So go topside and try to get others in. I will do so when I have the chance. Better than ignorant I guess...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
Im of the belief that the NWO doesnt represent a 'one world government' per say but rather its a collection of ideals that each country should acheive, in a similar vain to the United Nations, although possibly a constitition would need to be drafted up though.

i guess that is what george bush sr. wanted us to believe he meant when he used the phrase New World Order infront of a world wide audience. But come on now, is that what is really going on?

why is it that the Nation that pushes that NWO campain the hardest, wants nothing to do with the UN or feels the need to comply with the UN's wishes?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

Originally posted by freeradical

i guess that is what george bush sr. wanted us to believe he meant when he used the phrase New World Order infront of a world wide audience. But come on now, is that what is really going on?

why is it that the Nation that pushes that NWO campain the hardest, wants nothing to do with the UN or feels the need to comply with the UN's wishes?

I agree with you on that point to some extent. It appears through my onlooking eyes that the current American administration is more focused on its own wants and needs than creating a Unified World full of Optimism, have they lost their way or do they follow a different ideology of divison and negativity - the (mid) East - West divide is becomming more and more distant, we are seeing the world becomming more polorised every day it is difficult to believe the NWO is anything but decrtuctive. I for one believe this is not what the NWO ideology stands for, i would hope it would stand for peace, good will to all, helping each other when in need, encouraging freedom of expression and individuality and to promote learning. Personally i would also like to see an end to hard core religions in politics too, they conflict and cause chaos (IMHO).

The United Nations web site explaines what good things they are trying to acheive in the world. www.un.org...

But i will say one thing, the United Nations does need a good update - I mean surely its time we moved on and granted countries like Germany and Japan to be of the same status (permanent members) too?

[edit on 3-6-2006 by freeradical]

[edit on 3-6-2006 by freeradical]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join