It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax cuts = More Revenue...proof!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

A flood of income tax payments pushed up government receipts to the second-highest level in history in April, giving the country a sizable surplus for the month.

In its monthly accounting of the government's book, the Treasury Departmnet said Wednesday that revenue for the month totaled $315.1 billion as americans filed their tax returns by the April deadline. The gusher of tax revenue pushed total reciepts up by 13.4 percent from April 2005.

Too bad the Republicans don't have the media on their side. This should be front page news. If this doesn't scream "keep the tax cuts permanent", I don't know what does.

Remember when the hate-filled Democrats kept asking "How are you going to pay for the tax cuts?" I guess this answers their question.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'd be interested in hearing what else you would consider "proof" of what, Carseller.

Have you normalized for the substantially larger number of taxpayers in April 2006 compared to the last April in which higher tax rates were in effect? And why single out a single month anyway?

If tax cuts produce revenue increases (normalized appropriately), then why is it that every time an across-the-board tax cut goes into effect, the federal deficit increases? Just as it does when a significant spending increase occurs, e.g. during wars.

While putting more spending money into the hands of consumers does spur the economy and so generate increased tax revenue, all that means is that the net loss of revenue from a tax cut should not be proportional to its size. A tax cut still loses the government money, it just doesn't lose as much money as might be expected using simplistic math.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
A lot of partisans hackx seem to overlook the fact income tax only forms apart of the tax burden that is a part of the reason why people cant get ahead under there own steam.
In NZ the GST comes to mind. I cant even buy a bottle of millk without paying tax.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by xpert11]

new topics

join