It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove indicted in Plame leak case (truthout.org rumor)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald has apparently decided to indicte Karl Rove in the Valerie Plame affair with perjury and lying to investigators. Formal announcements are due any day now.

www.truthout.org
Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald spent more than half a day Friday at the offices of Patton Boggs, the law firm representing Karl Rove.

During the course of that meeting, Fitzgerald served attorneys for former Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove with an indictment charging the embattled White House official with perjury and lying to investigators related to his role in the CIA leak case, and instructed one of the attorneys to tell Rove that he has 24 hours to get his affairs in order, high level sources with direct knowledge of the meeting said Saturday morning.

Robert Luskin, Rove's attorney, did not return a call for comment. Sources said Fitzgerald was in Washington, DC, Friday and met with Luskin for about 15 hours to go over the charges against Rove, which include perjury and lying to investigators about how and when Rove discovered that Valerie Plame Wilson was a covert CIA operative and whether he shared that information with reporters, sources with direct knowledge of the meeting said.

It was still unknown Saturday whether Fitzgerald charged Rove with a more serious obstruction of justice charge. Sources close to the case said Friday that it appeared very likely that an obstruction charge against Rove would be included with charges of perjury and lying to investigators.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is serious news if true and apparently very fresh as I am having a hard time finding verifying links. That fact will be siezed upon by knee jerk Bush supporters that this is a lie but time will show. If true this will be a major blow to Bush who has sunk to a 31% approval rating according to the latest WSJ poll and the republican controlled congress stands at 23%. If they lose their "architect" they will have an even harder time preventing the Democrats from regaining control of congress.

I will forward to moderators verifying links as i find them.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 13-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Rove Indicted

Another Source

Just wanted to add a few more sources.

After everything that has happened in this country, I can't get real excited about this. Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to make any difference in anything. Yeah, the corruption is becoming more apparent every day. And?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wow. This is huge. I honestly didn't think they were going to charge him. Not that I think he's innocent, or anything. Fitzgerald must have an extremely strong case to go ahead with an indictment. President Bush's impeachment just got a heck of a lot more likely, imo.

If Rove is convicted, I wonder what his big house nickname will be. Babyface? Sweetcheeks, maybe?

I know, I shouldn't be funnin' like this, but I am just so shocked that he is even being indicted, my new hope for the political future of the USA is making me a little giddy.

Please forgive me.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
All I really have to say is:

YESSSSSS! (punches air)

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Well, the hand-writing is on the wall now. All I hope is that Mr. Rove will be brought to trial and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. It's about time.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Is it safe to say that nobody who really understands this situation is particularly surprised. I may be young, but I know my history. American politics demand that the witches burn.

Now when I say this is a witch hunt, don't get me wrong, Carl rove actually is a witch, i have no doubt. If an honest man has ever walked the halls of power in DC it's only because it was his job to mop them.

Corruption charges in Washington DC? Talk about a witch hunt at Hogwartz.

By all means, lock him up. Then indict his successor on suspicion of being suspicious, because I'll bet my hat that guy will break the law too. And in 2008 when the guard changes, even if its democrats, indict their butts too, because if you can't find them guilty of anything it'll only be because they haven't been around long enough to break the law yet.

I'm not being completely sarcastic here. The men who run our country, almost without exception, are criminals. They usually have been and usually will be. Keep locking them up because sooner or later there will be no politicians left, and then maybe somebody who can actually govern will be elected.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Rove Indicted

Another Source

Those aren't other sources, they are the same "story" being carried by other websites.

This would be "another source."

mark-kilmer.redstate.com...

And it's pretty shaky as well...

Just because you want something to happen... Doesn't mean it's news.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Once again, we see an example of a false thread title being allowed to "live". Now, Rove very well may be indicted, but this is jumping the gun, pure and simple.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well I'm sure if Jeb gets the Presidency Rove'll get a pardon and probably his old job back...

[edit on 14-5-2006 by rich23]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Not according to my reading. If I got it right, a background source has reported that Rove's lawyers were served with an indictment which has yet to be publically announced.

There is an argument to be made that it was irresponsible to run with a single unnamed source, and there will be hell to pay for the editors who chose to run the story if that source ends up being full of it, but the papers know who the source is and they've made the call that this is a source they can trust not to burn them (and they're betting a lot of money in libel judgements that this source won't burn them).

It's not a mislabeled thread.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The point is that this administration, that has an incredible track record of attacking whomever crosses its path, apparently outed a CIA operative in retalition against her husband, Joe Wilson, and that Bush declassified the information just so it could be done...and what was Joe Wilson's crime. Going public with what he knew about the false Iraq seeking unrainum from Niger claims that Bush used in his State of the Union address to scare up support for the war. A false claim that was known to be so long before he used it. This goes right to the heart of the causes given for this miguided and unneccessary war. It haas been coming out in drips and dribbles just how far up the chain of command this smear campaign and its subsquent cover-up went. I fully expect to see an inditement of Cheney come out of this as well, possibly even Bush himself. As I said in another post, more lies from pathological liars.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Lets see what the legal system does with Rove. I'm so sick of hearing over and over that Plame was not a CIA operative. Of course she was.
Unfortunatedly, this is anti-climactic as Benevolent Heretic said with so much going on.

MSNBC's David Shuster: "I Am Convinced Karl Rove Will Be Indicted"...

Tonight on Countdown with Keith Olbermann, MSNBC reporter David Shuster said he was "convinced that Karl Rove will, in fact, be indicted." He made three points to support his position: 1. .

www.huffingtonpost.com... 650.html

[edit on 14-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is getting very interesting;

www.huffingtonpost.com... n_20953.html

I hope it all comes out, i fear before the poop hits the fan, something drastic will happen.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What a wonderful Mother's Day present!

I'll bet the document shredders are running full blast all over the Crony Castle.

Let's hope he squeals like the pig he is as part of a plea agreement.

Humpty Dumpty |ˈhəm(p)tē ˈdəm(p)tē| (also humpty dumpty) noun ( pl. Humpty Dumpties) informal 1 a fat, rotund person : [as adj. ] he was a Humpty Dumpty figure of a man. 2 a person or thing that once overthrown cannot be restored. ORIGIN late 18th cent.: from the egglike nursery-rhyme character Humpty Dumpty, who fell off a wall and could not be put together again.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Those aren't other sources, they are the same "story" being carried by other websites.

The News Hounds piece is a copy of the truthout story, I apoligize. But the other one is not. Looks like neither one of spent enough time reading to determine what was going on.

Still no 'real solid' confirmation of this story, but all the signs are there. It's a matter of time.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
he he he,
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the white house. Libby, Rove who is next.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
MSNBC's Chris Matthews has also referenced the Raw Story article stating that though they have no independent confirmation it is his (Matthews') opinion an indictment could come any minute:

mark-kilmer.redstate.com...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This could be the reason for Bush's press conference on Monday, a distraction. Make some announcement that would try to counter Rove's indictment. Like a token National Guard presence on the border, as some rumors suggest.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Once again, we see an example of a false thread title being allowed to "live". Now, Rove very well may be indicted, but this is jumping the gun, pure and simple.

I have been reading the Truthout site for 6 years now and I have always found it to be truthful and oftentimes gets the news first. William Rivers Pitts, the site's owner is a writer and college teacher who quit his job to start the news site, believing that the People had a right to know what is really going on with their gov't. He often goes right to Washington DC and talks to his contacts there, which are numerous.

If you read it on Truthout, it's for real.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
from what I have been reading it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Cheney was indited as well before all is said and done....if you can imagine the impact of team Bush losing Rove, can you imagine what would happen if they lost cheney as well? The shrub would totally disintergrate without his "brains". Left on his own, God help us all, that would leave Rice as the most powerful person in that administration and she has a dark, dark soul.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join