It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bibles Banned From Hospitals In Australia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I find it hard to beleive that there wouldnt' be an uproar amoung people if there were copies of the koran placed in hospital rooms throughout the country. There is a tremendous number of muslims in Detroit, for example, if an islamic organization donated korans to area hospitals, shoudl they be put into every room?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Kung Foo Fighter
Because, no matter what your choice of religion, you live in a country built upon Christian rules and values.

And?

Even if that were true, does it naturally follow that every person should yield to what the Christians want or think is right in any situation? Are you implying that we should live under Christian Rule? Becaue that's what it sounds like.

And the First Amendment to the Constitution guarantees that we are free from living under any religious rule.

Well it is true, the US laws were created by god fearing people, you are living in a Christian country - you just don't seem to know it, maybe because Christian laws aren't repressive. What is the inscription on your coinage ? IN GOD WE TRUST.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
Well it is true, the US laws were created by god fearing people, you are living in a Christian country - you just don't seem to know it, maybe because Christian laws aren't repressive. What is the inscription on your coinage ? IN GOD WE TRUST.

Sorry, it's not true. Last page has a link. One of many I can provide you. US money hasn't always had in god we trust. Pledge of alleigence didn't always have mention of god either. Heck, many thing's that now include christian views weren't there in the begining. It's our "tolerant" christian friends who shoved that garbage into these thing's. It's them continuing to this day to shove their belief system upon the world. No on gives a god damn bit about your religion anymore. People are getting sick of you guy's forcing us to see it in every aspect of our live's.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well it is true, the US laws were created by god fearing people,

Aside from the fact that that is an incorrect statement, as US laws have been created by many different people, some who didn't even believe in God. US laws were also created by men who wore wigs, but men don't have to wear wigs today and the men who wear wigs don't control everyone. Our government was never meant to be controlled by men who wear wigs. The fact that they wore wigs had nothing to do with the government. Just as the fact of their religious preferences.

Our Government is Secular

maybe because Christian laws aren't repressive.

"Christian Laws"? WTF is a Christian Law?

What is the inscription on your coinage ? IN GOD WE TRUST.

So... because that was put on our coins in 1955, that means we're a "Christian Country" whatever that means?

The dogma is getting too deep for me.

Besides this is way off topic. This thread is about Australia.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So... because that was put on our coins in 1955, that means we're a "Christian Country" whatever that means?

The dogma is getting too deep for me.

Erm, what else could it possibly mean ? Why put that there if you didn't see yourselves as a Christian Country ?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Erm, what else could it possibly mean ? Why put that there if you didn't see yourselves as a Christian Country ?

Ask the damned christians that question. They're the one's who got the phrase on our money. Personally, I'm against it as this country isn't one nation under god. Nor do I find it very disrespectfull of the christians to continually regurgitate this nonsense BS and claim it was founded upon their views. If it were a christian country, the phrase would have been there from the begining, but it's not and it wasn't. Christian's are the one's doing this and trying to wedge thier beliefs into every corner of the world they can.

Hopefully someday we can dispense with the politically correct BS and put a stop to it. Set some damn boundries. I don't care what they believe in, but ffs I DON'T BELIEVE IN IT, so why should I and many millions of other's HAVE to have that crap shoved in our faces? I don't care if they feel it's their "duty" and "service" to thier made up diety to "save us". It's my duty and service to belittle them. They can't respect that not everyone on this planet cares what they think, then there's no reason for anyone to care about them nor cater to them.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The USA isn't a christian nation, its a nation with lots of powerful and influential christian interests in it, and lots of people pandering to christian interest groups.
Thats why silly things like money and pledges emphasize 'god' (er, god, not jesus, btw), but the foundational laws don't.

When the founders looked to inspiraction for the US, they modeled it upon Rome and Sparta, not the vatican or augustine's "The City of God".

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I truly believe that when God has been totally removed from this world...
He will remove us.......and we can thank all the anti-Christians (anti-Christs???) for bringing on His wrath.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
People taking bibles out of public institutions is hardly the same as the removal of god from the world. Privately, people are permited to beleive whatever they want. Publically, no one religion is getting 'boosted' by the state.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
if an islamic organization donated korans to area hospitals, shoudl they be put into every room?

Yeah sure, if the privately ran hospital approves of it. I don't see a problem with it, but if the hospital does...well it's their decision to make.

Imo, it's pretty cut and dry. If the hospitals are privately owned (as many are), ran, whatever....then the hospital management should be able to decide what religious books they want in their rooms.

There is no issue here. This is seperation of church and state as it should be. I Know the gov't has not mandated anything (yet)....but it's non of their business what religious books a private enterprises chooses to display.

As a Chrisitan I'm all for bibles being passed around and placed in every room, but I'm not going to start a hissy fit if some place chooses to not put out bibles....it's their choice.

If I go into a hotel that only displays Korans or Satanic spell guides....that's ok with me, I'm not going to read and will probably put it in the drawer.

Talking about having religion shoved in your face...I live in China. Buddha this, Buddha that, temples everywhere, the markets are filled with Buddhas and religious art. I don't mind, if I don't like...I just ignore it. But that's not the case...I like temples and Buddhas, anyways...you know what I mean.

[edit on 15/5/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
People taking bibles out of public institutions is hardly the same as the removal of god from the world. Privately, people are permited to beleive whatever they want. Publically, no one religion is getting 'boosted' by the state.

And privately, a hospital can put whatever religious books they choose in their rooms.

I agree, I also get PO'd at the people that cry whenever their bible, book, whatever is taken out of a private establishment...just like the hospital. It's the hosptial's decision to remove the bibles...they should not have to justify their reasons.

Sporty

[edit on 15/5/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just wish they could ban them from all Hotels as well. I don't think they understand how offensive it can be to non believers.

Yes I understand sometimes that they do leave materials, flyer's, dosh whatever in them on occasion. So do I on occasion

Its their own fault. If you have to stay over in an emergency and cant be bothered to buy a book its good to read for a laugh but its a bit boring without any pictures in it. So my answer is to leave some "pictures" in the bibles when I check out.

Now because I am not exactly religious I dont actually have any pictures of saints, god, christ, satan, whatever and the bible aint exactly balanced too well with the sexes, I mean geezers get more mentions than the ladies dont they?
So I try to redress the balance. I improvise by inserting between pages, pictures of an "anatomical nature" from gentlemens adult, top shelf, brown paper wrapped, magazines

Hope their gods got a sense of humour

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ya, well things are backwards there anyways...even when you flush the shytter, the water goes the wrong way!!!! Its total twilight zone there....GIANT RATS hoppin' around everywhere too....And damm expensive....

Ill tell ya this much...If your in an Australian hospital and your some talmud thumpin jerkoff you bet they'll allow you that rag...funny how things work out down there eh.

Great place to test advanced nuclear weapons in my humble opinion

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The hospitals are supposed to fix up your body. They're not supposed to provide religious support. If somebody needs a teddybear and somebody wants to bring it to them, then that's alright with me. But only if it is asked for. Nobody should try to force a teddybear on some poor patient who might not want any. And because of the infection risks somebody would have to make sure that the teddybear leaves the hospital somehow after use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join