It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help: Everything Is Centered.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hey I need some help with my computer. All the sites are go to are centered. All the text is centered and it's really bugging me. How do I turn this # off so that it won't be centering everything anymore?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
No one's helping.....

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
What browser are you using and what do you mean by centered???

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I know this is going to sound cruel but i thought the topic title was hilarious.

I have no idea how to help you. I have never heard of websites being centered.

Try going into #help on efnet. You have to download mirc to do it, but #help is a great help channel.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Me and 10 are dropping acid right now. Anyone care to join
Its really good fun.

Mark

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
What browser are you using and what do you mean by centered???

Yeah, everything is centered for some reason, this is how your thread looks.....

And this is how the "Todays Posts" page looks.....

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
You have to download mirc to do it, but #help is a great help channel.

I think downloading is the last thing he needs to be doing right now. btw 10,what was the last thing you downloaded?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
ummm, just some songs.

BUT, earlier today I was posting a reply on ATS and i went to the "center" _javascript button and i posted, and then i turned the computer off to go out to eat, and when i came back things were all centered. do you think it was the _javascript thing that #ed things up?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No one can help me?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You may need to check your java_script settings....perhaps your internet settings period.....
I am not qualified nor talented enough to exactly tell you what the problem is....shame it can't be like WORD, where all you do is hit the left-align button...

Sorry.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You may need to check your java_script settings....perhaps your internet settings period.....
I am not qualified nor talented enough to exactly tell you what the problem is....shame it can't be like WORD, where all you do is hit the left-align button...

Sorry.

regards
seekerof

How do you check ur _javascript settings?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Somehow, you have a global CSS (cascading style sheet) applied that over-rides text formatting defined by all websites. This is a common option in all modern browsers (one way it's used is for the seeing impared to increase font size and contrast).

Look through your browser's settings under CSS or style sheets, and remove any "local" settings or set it to "obey website style" or something similar.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This common problem is caused by owning an aging monitor that needs adjusting. Lie it on its left hand side until the leters return to their normal position.

This will provide a tempory solution.

The main problem is that your old monitor has 'sagged' in the middle. This causes all the letters to slide in that direction. Monitor sag is almost impossible to repair, you could gently try to pull the sides down to straighten it up.

Buy a new monitor.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
netchicken... you are insane...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If you're computer is centered it's because it's one with the universe,

Cycle your cable modem.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Somehow, you have a global CSS (cascading style sheet) applied that over-rides text formatting defined by all websites. This is a common option in all modern browsers (one way it's used is for the seeing impared to increase font size and contrast).

Look through your browser's settings under CSS or style sheets, and remove any "local" settings or set it to "obey website style" or something similar.

THANK YOU SO DAMN MUCH WILLIAM!! I FIXED THE CENTERING STUFF!! FINALLY! *hugs William*

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Pfuh .. I am sure Fury and I were much more helpful ...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Pfuh .. I am sure Fury and I were much more helpful ...

lol indeed.
we are 733t h4x0rs.
b0w n00bs!!! we pwned j00!

top topics

join