It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October Surprise 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What do you think it will be?

Will it be a false flag operation that we can blame on Iran and use to go to war with them and therefore we'll have to call off the election because most likely, there will be some nuclear activity? And we can't go shaking up Congress in "such a critical time in our nation's history..."

Or will it be that we'll attack Iran and the Republican controlled government will come to the rescue and get voted back in?

Or could it be that the election will happen and, even though everyone says they're going to vote Democratic, the Republicans somehow miraculously win Congress again?

What do you think will happen come October to insure this administration will stay in power?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Is there like an election or something in October 2006?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
No.
The midterm election is in November 2006. That's when many Senators, all of the House (as well as many state and local positions) are voted on.

"October Suprise" is a name given to an event that happens right before any election (here) to sway the voters.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Speaker of the House Bill Frist just said on CNN that he would in June introduce a bill to define marriage, in a Constitutional amendment. Deja vue all over again, setting the stage for wedge issues. They really do think Americans are stupid.
I remember seeing two drunks tumble out of a deplex, yelling and wrestling in the front yard, then get up and shake hands and walk back in. Maybe this will be how Iran will go, so Bush can say he "avoided war," acting as a peace loving Republican who saved America from nuclear war. Vote for the party of peace. (If this is not the case, he will be like a stupid man holding a lit quarter stick of dynamite in his hand--goodbye hand, goodbye America.)
Another scenario, Republicans move out because of their own filth, leaving the next tenants to clean up the mess.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm Canadian so I don't really know much about this stuff. So is it like halfway through a federal US election that they have a midterm election?

[edit on 14-5-2006 by ProudCanadian]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
So is it like halfway through a federal US election that they have a midterm election?

Yes. U.S. Elections:

President and Vice President - Every 4 years
1/3 of the Senate - Every 2 years (Each State has 2 Senators who serve 6-year terms)
House of Representatives - Every 2 years (435 members total representing 'districts' in each state)

So in November (2006), 1/3 of the Senate and all of the House will be voted on.

The Senate + the House = Congress.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What I see happening is that they'll come out and say that we need to "restructure the current Republic into the first Grand Global Empire". Sound familiar?

TheBorg

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
So is it like halfway through a federal US election that they have a midterm election?

Yes. U.S. Elections:

President and Vice President - Every 4 years
1/3 of the Senate - Every 2 years (Each State has 2 Senators who serve 6-year terms)
House of Representatives - Every 2 years (435 members total representing 'districts' in each state)

So in November (2006), 1/3 of the Senate and all of the House will be voted on.

The Senate + the House = Congress.

Ok thanks for explaining that
. Now I'm a bit more enlightened about how American politics work.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hmmm, it will either be

"Bush has deported every Illegal Alien, EVER! But you will still need to learn spanish if you want to get food at a fast food place, or at a mechanics place in the south, or ask for directions in the south, and go to school in the south, and know what better learn spanish anyways since that is what all the illegals speak. Wait, I uh, I mean uh, Bush did it!"

Or...

"Iran might probably have WMDs, and they will hail us as liberators as we bomb and kill thousands of civillians. Although this time they have proof that Iran wants WMDs and not just going "Well my Daddy sold them WMDs in the 80s so I figure they might still have them in 2003."

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I was going to say that for Iran also. But I think that they are probably going to find WMD's in Iraq after all. That will make all the Bush supporters rise to the occasion and vote against their best interests. And then Hans Blix and Scott Ritter will be Public Enemy number one (if they're not already).

Or...the "October Surprise" is already happening. They found that a Democratic Senator was also in the midst of wrongdoing. In fact, the Feds found the money in his freezer. That would take the wind out of the sails of the Dems who say that the Republicans are the only ones who are part of the "culture of corruption".

Or...Tom DeLay, "the Hammer" will be found "not guilty" of all his transgressions. Then, he would be able to work in cahoots with Karl Rove to turn the election around in time.

But truthfully, Karl Rove has something up his sleeve. He always does. I'm never surprised who will be "swift-boated" this time around.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Or, maybe they're using this as an elaborate ruse to get support for a one-party government. If they make both sides look bad, then there's room for a third to come in and take center stage.

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

join