It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish sighting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have just been reading one of the posts that mentions cylindrical or cigar shaped UFO's and remembered a strange experience I had about 3 or 4 years ago.
I was sitting in a friends house and it was getting to just before sunset, out of the corner of my eye out the window I noticed what appeared to be a large cylindrical reddish orange object in the distance moving quite slowly. I watched it for a few seconds then turned and started looking around the room to see if anything was causing a reflection in the glass. My friend asked me what I was looking for and I told him to look out the window, he also saw the end of the object just as it dissapeared behind a hill.
We could not figure it out at all and we looked about to see if something had caused a reflection or some kind of glare on the glass but could find nothing to explain it.

The sighting happened as I said about 3 or 4 years ago in the summer months just before sunset about 5 miles North of Inverness in the Highlands. The Object seemed massive, I would guess about the size of a double decker bus only longer, It was glowing bright reddish/orange more orange to be honest, not like it was on fire , kind of hazy. The whole cylinder was covered in this haze but you could see the defined shape of the cylinder inside it.
It seemed to be moving too slowly for something of this apparent size to stay in the air, I am quite familiar with normal aircraft speeds and it was nowhere near as fast, the only way I can describe it is "crawling". It was also much lower to the ground than any aircraft should be.
As it passed my veiw it was coming downwards from left to right at an angle, if you were looking at a clock it would have been heading from 10 to 4 if you know what I mean.
It was visible for maybe 20-30 seconds in total before it disappeared behind a hill, but long enough for my mate to see it just before it went out of sight.
I would have dismissed it as a trick of the light if it were not for the fact that 2 of us seen it from 2 different angles.
I also thought it may be the aurora(not the secret plane) or the Northern lights as we call them but im 99% sure it was not that as I have seen the northern lights a few times and they were a completely different type of lightshow from this and I have only seen them after dark and it was still pretty bright out when I seen the object.
Im afraid I have no pictures only my written account of this, I am hoping some of the more dedicated UFO researchers in here may be able to put this information to some use. I have heard of cigar shaped UFO's before but never one that glowed orange.

Thanks for listening, any info apreciated,

Oakley

new topics

join