It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Picture... This Could Be The Smoking Gun !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
WOW That was a excellent DEBUNK.

Disco Lights = UFO

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I've seen this before as well...I wasn't too sure about the original and then I saw clearer photos of the lighting rig... DAMN I hate it when people fake things, it just muddies the field. And I'm still waiting for LongHairCowboy's most convincing photos, I'd be really interested.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think it's fake.I TIHNK! It looks almost as cheap as the original war of the worlds movie.

Sooo fake. Probably a movie thing but wasn't good enough for the big screen.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Let's all please stop using "smoking gun" in subject lines. It NEVER IS THE SMOKING GUN. Plus, it gets relative newbies like me all excited that maybe I've stumbled on this field just as it finds final proof, and then what follows is a SEEMINGLY NEVERENDING SERIES OF DISAPPOINTMENTS.

Some other subject lines best avoided:

Final proof revealed today
Final confirmation to be announced in press conference next week (and it ends up just being a Disclosure Project dvd-sale)
Government admits alien presence (and it ends up being an article in pravda or whatever that "magazine" is).

And more?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Bruise and rich- This is not the place for most convincing evidence. There's already a thread for that. Also the top thread on this forum contains some of the best cases. For myself I'll just say that the McMinneville photos and the Arnold sighting hold the best hope since neither has been satisfactorilly discredited.
Deny pelicanists.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

real cute kid. so..... who actually wrote all that your mommy or daddy?

well now im hurt, im really hurt. A guy named 'Longhaircowboy' "Told me off".

ok let me take this all in, so im going to go quote for quote...

You see I've only been studying UFOs since the sixties so I can't remember everything.

Oh wow.... im really impressed... geez, since the 60's... I bet when you try and pick up 14 year old girls you use that line to impress them... and Im willing to bet they laugh at you just like I did when I read it.

And so what if that's what you do in your spare time, im not impressed. I work for my family in mine... you research UFO's and I work. Nothing wrong with that.

But just to satisfy your desire for a link(doesn't anyone read a book anymore?).

Hey, good job. so freakin what if its fake. The point of putting up my thread was to see if it could be debunked... I was infact curious if it was in fact a "hoax". So to the people who knew this congragulations!!! I hope you all feel special debunking photo's. But hey, that's what this site is here for so, no complains about that fact.

And yes, in fact I do read. I just have moved past what your currently stuck on. "Cat In The Hat" just dosen't move me anymore.

Oh and you may want to besides doing more research than what you did for the Nashville photos may also want to check my stance on UFOs.

Hey like I said before... I don't spend ALL of my free time researching UFO's.

No I don't care one bit about where you stand... with anything for that matter. But I do feel some what insulted because that nerdy "im better than you stuff over this subject" really pisses me off, that's why im taking this time for this rebuttle. there won't be another so pay attention.

Now of course none of this means the photos are debunked but unless you've done the actual investigating like Mr. Easton did then all you did was go and find a pretty picture.You spent an hour on something I would spend days researching. Were you trying to make ME feel bad for your wasted hour?

Hey. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, but if I did good. I hope this thread does. That will in fact, make me feel better... so please, give me the satisfaction.

I was being scarcastic there. But you all can't know that untill now. Im not a bad guy, but clearly I touched a "nerve" with this kid. And I got to put him in his place. No one.... and I mean no one, trys to one over me. even if it's a lame internet thing, I don't care.

Call it childish but I am 21, But if this guys "been doing this for over 60 years." which I don't believe. And probably do neither of you. This guy is probably just a hurt little boy and has since acted like one. But Infact 'longhaircowboy' if you are as old as you say you are, So then what's you excuse for having the 'written' attitude of a 5 year old, huh, buddy? so freakin grow up or i'll spank you... ya old fart.

If you got the 'smoking gun' then ya gotta try harder.

Ok everyone this is the real reason for this post. I must confess something. I didn't truely "Believe" this was a "Smoking Gun" photograph. I just avertised it as so so more people would be attentive to it. Which I admit is sort of wrong. But magazines and newspapers have been mis-quoting storys for years so there "story" or in my case "thread" would get more attention. I did however feel that this picture did recieve a lot of detention because if it was in fact a real picture of a UFO with that kind of clarity that would be infact mind blowing. But I guess infact, isn't. So no harm done.

Apparently I did something right with the headline... your reading this right now arn't you?

SO, bottom line I said my piece. Im sorry to fire off like this and usually I don't. I just get so annoyed at anuses like this 'longhaircowboy' guy. tellin me this and that. So sorry to everbody else.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
The unfamous 1989 Nashville, Tennessee photos were exposed in the 90's as a hoax. The " saucer craft " was just a light show device from a disco and the smoke just a smoke machine very popular among disco clubs.

www.rense.com...

Case closed.

quote of first post in thread:

"These photographs were allegedly taken on September 27, 1989, near Nashville, Tennessee and used to build a model for theatrical events. The photographs show columns of light shining down from the craft. Our spotlights do not function in this manner."

what I wanna know is this: which came first, the copy or the real deal?

Also, you were eager to say these were fakes and then post that link but why did not not take into consideration the statement I copied from the first post in this thread?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Those were not good pics to begin with, I dont see how anyone could think those were real.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Great fakes for that time maybe, but as technology gets better. we get smarter! or maybe not? well anyways, to the naked eye the originial photos fooled me, but when put under investigation they dont hold up.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
croaker what is your problem.. Long haired cowbie was trying to educate and your too proud to accept it.. instead you reject everyone but yourself and then try to deny that you thought the UFO was the smokin gun. You are truly the child in this sitation.

Go to your room..No desert for you.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yikes. I hate jumping into a thread after 2 or more pages only to find that a few are taking things wayyyy to personal and you kinda hesitate to post a comment lol.
No offense.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share this real quick since it brought back memories for me......this photo along with the others that come with it were shown at a Mufon conference meeting here in Maryland years ago. I'm going to guess late 90's maybe but not positive. This guy was an invited guest, totally forget his name(i know the story sucks lol), and he had these pictures on a table to show all of us that were there in attendance.
I remember our regional director at the time, George Reynolds, telling us outside he thought everything about them was phony. Me and my father used to go to these meetings and Ol' George was one of those guys who was very intelligent, but put alot of his faith into almost ANYTHING that came to those meetings.

We had some pretty crazy guest speakers back then but George always believed it all and at the end of the meetings as everyone filed out the doors he would still be drilling it into our heads about how "we got some good evidence here folks" or " we're getting closer to the truth with these new videos".....I mean you'd have to meet him to understand what I mean.
But anyways, of all the guest speakers, videos, photos, and books that were discussed or shown at these meetings, the only one I ever recalled George saying looked phony was these photos go figure.

Upon opening this thread it brought back alot of old memories and I can still picture the spot I'd sit at and everything that went on. Even ol' Bruce Macabee visited us once to guest speak. He was probaly our most famous guest.

Sorry to jump off topic a little, but anyways, I remember the discussion of the photos and how many were "startled" at how the lights coming down seemed to "disapear" into the smoke/night. I got alot of heat because as a teenager at that time I was very outspoken and I remember during question/answer period, saying I thought the "ufos" pictured in the photo's looked like the lights display at our local planetarium. Some laughed, others gave me dirty looks, but my oh my how years later this thread should pop up with that picture and low and behold I discover their fake.

Sorry for the long drawn out post. Just nice to see those photo's put to rest

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Personally, I thought it looked more like one of those portable gas stoves, but stripped down to the bare bones where only the heating thing was shown.

There's nothing to indicate any scale, and that third picture of the "external images" nashville5.jpeg looks like the white and black portion is just the shadow of some twigs. Like I said, it's hard to piece together any form of scale, but it certainly looks more tiny than big to me.

Really reminds me of a portable gas stove...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by croaker013

real cute kid. so..... who actually wrote all that your mommy or daddy?

well now im hurt, im really hurt. A guy named 'Longhaircowboy' "Told me off".

ok let me take this all in, so im going to go quote for quote...
***SNIP***
Ok everyone this is the real reason for this post. I must confess something. I didn't truely "Believe" this was a "Smoking Gun" photograph. I just avertised it as so so more people would be attentive to it. Which I admit is sort of wrong. But magazines and newspapers have been mis-quoting storys for years so there "story" or in my case "thread" would get more attention. I did however feel that this picture did recieve a lot of detention because if it was in fact a real picture of a UFO with that kind of clarity that would be infact mind blowing. But I guess infact, isn't. So no harm done.

Apparently I did something right with the headline... your reading this right now arn't you?

SO, bottom line I said my piece. Im sorry to fire off like this and usually I don't. I just get so annoyed at anuses like this 'longhaircowboy' guy. tellin me this and that. So sorry to everbody else.

I don't want to be the one to call you a newbie, but...

You should really back off from 'Longhaircowboy'. He did what ATS members do. We debunk, inform, educate and deny ignorance. And then YOU are all over HIM because he was right? I think you owe him an apology.
Welcome to ATS.

Oh, and if you're going to "test" ATS members with all kinds of fake pictures and hoaxes, I see another thing coming. Don't hold carrots in front of our noses. We're not idiots. Well most of us.

Sorry for my little outburst. Continue.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I personally loved the statement by the ''perpetrator''

''our spotlights don,t work like that''

I lost credibility immediately after reading that,

why?? because you could see part of a beam then darkness then same beam continuing further down,doesnt he realise that most of the western poulation has been to a disco or concert at one time or another.here,s the answer to the disappearing light beam..

USE MORE SMOKE/STAGE MIST/DRY ICE/WHATEVER.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

USE MORE SMOKE/STAGE MIST/DRY ICE/WHATEVER.

No, just stop doing it altogether. What's the point? This thread is a disgrace.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   

No, just stop doing it altogether. What's the point? This thread is a disgrace.

I must admit, i have to give the poster the benefit of the doubt, the perpetrator fooled a lot of people at that time.I have the feeling his/hers was not an attempt to try to fool ats.. i hope.

As i said..'about 3rd 4th post.that it look like a lighting rig i saw at at concert,which was then confirmed.

This could have easily been done as a publicity stunt and attempt for the guys to sell more of their lighting shows...but the mirrorball underneath???

i mean..c,mon.. even in the 80,s they were on their way out

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Actually on a more practical note.... f#

sorry.What the heck would an interstellar craft be doing with that many lights on one ship.

what with all the micro-meteors n space dust flying around the universe.

It, be pretty embarrasing to land on earth and then proceed to be pulled over by the local highway patrol cos he had 36 tail lights out!!!!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Wow croaker, what can I say.
lemme try. I haven't been doin this for 60 years as I'm only 49 years old. Your math skills need remedial assistance.
I'm no pedophile. Your attempts to circumvent the T&C are lame.
To describe my post as childish while assualting my character with school yard bravado....well, its just immature.
It wasn't my intent to seem better than anyone so I can only assume that your ego is one fragile cookie. I on the other hand don't have that problem. I've been called worse things by better folk than you. This is probably not the place for you if you are so easily upset.
Anyhow you go right on checkin into UFOs. The thing I was tryin to get across was that you should do some checkin before you go jumpin the shark.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have seen the particular photo in question before, and from what i recall it was a pleadian craft and it was a military meeting that preceeded it
reasons why it hasn't been debunked could number in the hundreds, most logically because it is such irrefutable evidence
you lot certainly are trying hard though

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
Wow croaker, what can I say.

Don't say anything.

People like croaker cannot listen due to a lack of humility. Pride deafens and smart attitudes reject the truth because many people are too proud to think of themselves as less than anyone else.

This thread pretty much died from the one who began it.

Croaker, you should try to be a bit more mature in this commnity. ATS is TRYING to be a respectable place. You can toss idea's around, but don't get all defensive when someone challenges you. Angry statements lose credibility around the third word of the first sentence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join