It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Top 'o the mornin', to you all!
Wait, that was yesterday. Now we're just back to our usual greeting grunt.

Well, Spira, how did you like our little but spectacular road trip. Sorry about any offensive odors inside the car. MrD doesn't like to roll down the windows, so I should have warned you about the passing gas, and I don't mean driving by a gas station. You were a great guest, and we'ld love to have you along on any of our trips.

Well, for those who couldn't join us, here's where we traveled. Our stay on Moonstone Beach provided us with beautiful vistas, both from our balcony and during our walks.

We stayed here. MrD and I enjoyed our corner room; I think the site has a picture of it. I don't like to take pictures of our rooms, because then everyone can see all the crap I bring along.Spira, how was your room?

When we arrived, we were a little too early, according to MrD, so he drove us one hour up the coast, along Hwy 1, which really can be typed in as Hwy !.
We didn't go too much past Gorda.

I saw three gray whales, as it is their migration time for heading northward from Baja California. I could only imagine such a trip for them.

If they have their calves with them, it must go something like this. In Baja, Mrs. Whale shouts to Mr. Whale, "Tim, are you sure you packed enough krill??"

If you've ever had to take a toddler into a store at which you've formerly shopped alone, then you will understand my next thought. Right at the point I saw the happy family, Dad was swimming around spouting water furiously out his blowhole. "Nora, can't you make Junior behave?? And hurry him up!!" "Look, King Neptune, don't say anything bad about our son. He's got half your genes, you know!!"

And, so, the happy whale family heads northward, driven by instinct to make this yearly journey. Ya know, you'ld think we humans would be smarter, not having instinct to dictate our travels. But, no, we willingly pile kids and luggage in cars and foist them on other airplane passengers, all so we can make our own personal journeys. At least the whale family doesn't have to deal with surly resort clerks, traffic, and long lines. Maybe next year, I'll just follow the whales.

Well, I'll end here. I gotta hit the LN breakfast buffet before it turns into lunch. I'll find my sticky notes I left on the bar and resume our tale later.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All right, where's my sticky note I left on the bar?? ....?? ....Jeeves, why are you pointing at my breast?? Oh...haha...I must have leaned over a little too far reaching for those Beer Nutz. How embarrassing! You mean I walked through the buffet line like this? You mean all those stares and pointing were not for Spira's table dress?

First, I want to thank Spira for that lovely Irish blessing. I know she's religious, 'cause I caught her praying in the back seat as MrD sped up Hwy 1, cornering all those corners of the narrow highway at speeds to be admired by only a grand prix driver.

Rumor around here had it that whaaa had gone to Mexico. I hope he brings back another large pinata for LN. I hope this time the tequila bottles hidden inside are made of plastic. We all looked a little silly last time mopping up the floor with lemon slices.

And, you know, I forgot to ask The Motorcycle Boy to find some Irish tunes. Well, Easter is coming up....

Ok, so, the sticky note. Well, along the Big Sur coast are spiritual places, like this one. And expensive places to stay, like this one. So, there are places that resound with, "Let us pray!" and other sites with shouts of, "Let us pay!"

Hey, that sticky note kept me from falling off the barstool. Sweet.

Here's another thought. Remember, Spira, how clear and beautiful it was the first day? I'd never seen it that clear when visiting Cambria before! Then remember when we departed, how the fog rolled in covering up all the far beauty we had seen?

I got to thinking, that that is how humans think "God" is. That God always seems to be interpreted as the Mysterious. I think we got it wrong. "God" is not the Mysterious. Life is the Mysterious, with all the fog. God is the Beauty made known to us when the Fog rolls away. We indeed are left breathless, with unspeakable Beauty, when the fog rolls away.

Well, I'll go find that bat, so we're ready when whaaa brings us the pinata.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well, Spira, how did you like our little but spectacular road trip.

I’m really glad you took pictures desert – I’m a little fuzzy on some of the details. All of the details. What day is this anyhow?

You were a great guest, and we'ld love to have you along on any of our trips.

you can imagine what a relief it is to hear this - considering :-)

Spira, how was your room?

I’m sure it was lovely – I remember some pretty colors

I saw three gray whales, as it is their migration time for heading northward from Baja California. I could only imagine such a trip for them.

there were whales? :-( you know – this always happens. Each and every time I get to the coast I always miss the whales.

Remember, Spira, how clear and beautiful it was the first day? I'd never seen it that clear when visiting Cambria before! Then remember when we departed, how the fog rolled in covering up all the far beauty we had seen?

oh yes desert – I do – now I remember!

...We indeed are left breathless, with unspeakable Beauty, when the fog rolls away.

traveling brings out the best in you desert - that was just beautiful

I want to thank you and Mr. D for a lovely time

sincerely

Well, I'll go find that bat, so we're ready when whaaa brings us the pinata.

I hope whaaa has pictures too - I think

[edit on 3/20/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
so i wonder why nobody comes on this site to chat about new things...its just a bunch of posts...you actually don't have much opportunity to talk about anything...what a shame

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PPGrocks
so i wonder why nobody comes on this site to chat about new things...its just a bunch of posts...you actually don't have much opportunity to talk about anything...what a shame

Now hold on there a minute cowboy....
98 pages of frivolity and mirth and you call it "a bunch of Posts"

Why I oughta ....

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Why I oughta ....

who is that whaaa?

:-)

I can't think - I can almost hear the voice

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PPGrocks

which part of 'general chit chat' confuses you exactly?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

it's a stooge - right?

gotta be a stooge

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

The QOP always says that the only real difference between men and women is that men like the 3 Stooges. That true S?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
whaaa! ....kiss kiss kiss....good to see you....

Hey, I found the bat. Had to turn the water on at the LN ballpark and call the game on account of wet field, but, hey, who would have known LN was sponsoring a Little League tournament?

Anyway...yeah! Thanks, whaaa, for the stooge pinata! ...whack!whack!whack! ...uhoh...something tells me I shouldn't have done that!....sorry...wait! don't leave! we'll just talk about you!!...sigh...another customer gone...

let me take this opportunity to talk about how you can vacuum seal a steak and put it in this machine that costs thousands of dollars and cooks it in water at a specific temp for hours...supposed to be tasty....I said to MrD, why not just use a crockpot, but he said it doesn't regulate the temp the same...but he said some people try a crockpot, but they have to buy some sort of expensive gadget to add on...hey, anybody have anything else to talk about today?...

whaaa, how is our man in Tamalewood? What's news from Tamalewood?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Anyway...yeah! Thanks, whaaa, for the stooge pinata! ...whack!whack!whack! ...uhoh...something tells me I shouldn't have done that!....sorry...wait! don't leave! we'll just talk about you!!...sigh...another customer gone...

don't worry about it desert

it happens

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The QOP always says that the only real difference between men and women is that men like the 3 Stooges. That true S?

it's an interesting theory

could almost be a whole new thread :-)

I do have a certain amount of affection for the stooges

" Make our country Safe for hypocrisy"
Moe in 1940 You Nazty Spy

Curly-Joe: I wish there were more of us. And prettier.

but it's limited

"Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!"

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I sure used to like this flavor of Stooges....still do!

www.youtube.com...

new blues on soundclick...long jam....see below

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

new blues on soundclick...long jam....see below

focused on the video - missed this

nice

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

" Make our country Safe for hypocrisy"

My new sig....

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

very nice

our Moe is deep

and timeless

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Jeeves, a Three Stooges, please. Yes, yes, I know it's a little early in the morning for equal parts Goldschläger, Jägermeister, and gold tequila, so give me a side of oj.

Hey, look who's here! Mornin' Spira, whaaa

Nope, no truck yet...but we're gettin' close....a module may be the final bad guy we have to defeat in the months long War of the Evil Truck Parts.

Meanwhile, I shall take my drink to the veranda, where there's always a pleasantly warm sunrise, and leave you with this.

See you all later!

Oh, I need Easter songs.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

the stooges rule

take that any way you want

desert!

Jeeves, a Three Stooges, please. Yes, yes, I know it's a little early in the morning for equal parts Goldschläger, Jägermeister, and gold tequila, so give me a side of oj.

egads desert - it's almost too early for orange juice

Nope, no truck yet...but we're gettin' close....a module may be the final bad guy we have to defeat in the months long War of the Evil Truck Parts.

don't worry desert - I'm working on a few of the missing parts for you and your Mr. D right now

I just got a new bakelite kit from Hobby Lobby

what color do you guys want?

if I have enough left over you might get a bracelet out of the deal :-)

Oh, I need Easter songs.

real Easter songs? :-)

be careful what you ask for - here at Lounge Noir

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Easter bonnets off to MrP for the delicious buffet! No ham, but plenty of
If everyone pays their tab around here, maybe ham next year.

Jeeves, after that delicious and filling brunch, an Easter Bunny, please! Yes, creme de cacao, vodka, chocolate syrup, and cherry brandy.

Spira, your bakelite reproductions of Fiestaware for the buffet were an admirable effort. However, next year maybe I'll lend you a hand ....you'll need an extra hand...oh, hell, I keep bringing up that third arm...anyway, stick to truck parts.

It dawned on me this year, that Good Friday can represent the "deaths" we continually experience throughout Life. The losses we experience are not just physical losses but the intangible ones as well, the passing of old ways, emotions, thoughts, ideas.

The Saturday after GF represents our own time to come to grips with these losses, these changes. What does it mean to me, or when that answer cannot be fathomed, how do I let it affect me?

The Day of Resurrection, Easter Sunday, signifies for us our New Life, brought on by these deaths and subsequent ponderation.

Well, enough for now.

Oh, here's a story from a couple Easters ago...when MrD and I were camped in the desert....
...while people were gathered over the hill for an Easter service, at what for them is a special place of religious significance. I happened to notice a brightly lit "cross" at the top of a mountainous, rocky hill nearby. I thought, wow, someone climbed up there to display this cross.

I looked at it through binoculars but could only see the light in the shape of a cross, nothing that would produce such illumination, like maybe even some old wrecked dirtbike. The light went away when the service ended, but still nothing up there could be seen which would have produced the cross. I never saw it before or after, but for some reason it appeared at that exact day and time as/for the gathering of the faithful.

Ok, well, one more quick item. I did a double take when I saw this! On a corner in town, someone running for city council has their campaign sign, using a picture of Moe!! Something like no Moe status quo...or something like that...but. hey, he just might have my vote already hahaha

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hello everyone! How's it hanging? What's with the 'tude on the new guy? Thinks there needs to be a point to this? If he wants to post something, POST IT....we talk about whatever we want. If it is meaningless to you that is fine but it is what it is and we enjoy it...so bugger off or join the party. We've lived without you for 98 pages and we can live without you for 98 more...

I love you all btw.....whaaa, desert, Spira.....LOVE YOU! And whaaa.....love the Stooges (Iggy and and the Three...)....

I am the passenger and I ride and I ride
I ride through the city's backsides
I see the stars come out of the sky
Yeah, the bright and hollow sky
You know it looks so good tonight

I am the passenger
I stay under glass
I look through my window so bright
I see the stars come out tonight
I see the bright and hollow sky
Over the city's ripped backsides
And everything looks good tonight