It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
and...

It's not far down to the bullseye
So come on now, let's sweep
And if we hit it right, we could win today
Feel like goin' to sleep
Yeah, there's no need for zambonis
The ice is so clean
Believe me

It's not far to skate to the end now
Our stone will win, I know
And if we sweep it right we can knock it in
To the bullseye, hey whoa
The stone rolled onto my foot now
And it broke my toe
We won, though

Curling
It's so boring
But at least we've won the gold right now
I will hobble and hop to claim gold, ow
'Cause through the ice we plowed

Zamboni
That's what I'd rather see
When I'm curling
I'm so bored with all this, you see
And I'd rather kick football tees
Won't you believe me

Curling
It's so boring

It's not far back to more curling
And I think that's stinky
Don't know why I tried this, got a strange medal
It looks like a cd
Yeah, there's no need for zambonis
The ice is so clean
Believe me

Curling
It's so boring

source: www.amiright.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I actually found an article about the Ten Greatest Curling Songs! Hell, who knew there were 10!!

Here: www.chartattack.com...

Fascinating reading for the curling aficionado...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Good morning, everyone! Jeeves, my usual coffee, por favor. .... ? ..... ?.... oh, Sweet Jesus! No, it can't be! Am I hearing curling songs? ... The Motorcycle Boy! Thank you!
... Jeeves, line up the coffees, 'cause I'm gonna be here awhile. Oh, and make sure the sound system gets piped into the Ladies Room.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
With the Winter Olympics over, I can now turn my attention to the Academy Awards. And this year's Lounge Noir Oscars go to!!!!! .......

whaaa for Best Actor!

The Motorcycle Boy for Best Musical Adaptation!

Spiramirabilis for Art Direction .... and Set Decoration!

desert for...for...Best Camel in a Short Film, The Road to Bethlehem From the Viewpoint of the Magi's Dromedaries. A win by Chewbaca this year would follow consecutive wins in that category, Camelopardalis, the Little Known Constellation, and Camel Cigarettes, A Bad Idea for Your Dromedary. BTW, looking ahead to next year's Oscars, Chewbaca is currently working in the short film, Camels, One Hump or Two?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

BTW, looking ahead to next year's Oscars, Chewbaca is currently working in the short film, Camels, One Hump or Two?

:-)

(I want to...but I won't)

hey desert!

the Academy usually has it's forequarters up it's hindquarters - but you get my vote anyhow

for what it's worth

how you been?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Spira!
MrD and I are well and fine now, thank you. We both had that nasty cold/virus that seems to have worked its way through the West with every cough. Three weeks from start to finish.

So...if we had had the truck, we probably couldn't have gone out anyway. ..... but now we're well .... and the good news is that every wire is fine, so time to check the sensors....I don't know what else to say....

But, we are going to drive out to Mojave in the car for the day today...yay!...

yes, yes, the Academy Awards are really the industry's awards to itself. Only it's more glamorous to watch than, say, some awards show for the plastics or pharmaceutical industries...although I'm sure there's probably a lot of plastic and pharmaceuticals on show tonight...

whaaa, dear, could you wear that red dress again tonight for your award presentation? You do look stunning in it. I'll go get it out of the Lounge Noir dry cleaners.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert

whaaa, dear, could you wear that red dress again tonight for your award presentation? You do look stunning in it. I'll go get it out of the Lounge Noir dry cleaners.

You read my mind! Is it appropriate to go commando for the Oscars. I think so...
Now the real problem raises it's ugly head. How to accessorize; shoes, jewelry, hand bag...that little red number needs just the right touches; can you help me!!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

MrD and I are well and fine now, thank you. We both had that nasty cold/virus that seems to have worked its way through the West with every cough. Three weeks from start to finish.

sorry to hear it - but I'm glad you and Mr. D are better now. I'm picturing a calendar with the days marked off in red Xs :-)

But, we are going to drive out to Mojave in the car for the day today...yay!...

yay!

..although I'm sure there's probably a lot of plastic and pharmaceuticals on show tonight...

I'm counting on it :-)

let the cattiness commence!

(I really am a sucker for the glamor)

I'll go get it out of the Lounge Noir dry cleaners.

dry cleaner? I thought that was the linen closet - I'm afraid whaaas dress is being worn - rather awkwardly - by table number 5

it's dark in here

[edit on 3/7/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well, whaaa, thanks to Spira, you'll have to accessorize your red dress with fine china plates and silver forks. Wear the napkins over your shoulder. And, here, you can use the silver butter holder as a small purse...the silver ice bucket would be too large for the outfit.

Spira, here. Take this campfire fork and poke my eyes out, so I won't see any more. No. No. Here, take this camp axe and chop my head off, so I won't remember seeing it. Spira, this year's Academy Awards red carpet was terrible! It looked more like a fancy WalMart opening. Spira, the gowns would look better on our tables here.

No. No. Where were the great movies like Casablanca? Miley Cyrus ain't no Shirley Temple. 10 movies on the list. They've jumped the shark. No. Throw me to the sharks.

At least we had a nice drive. 80 miles of green hills carpeted with wildflowers. Checked on the trailer. Ready to go when the day comes. Hated to leave the desert. Thinking of going to the central coast if truck not fixed by this weekend. No. Should make reservations anyway for Moonstone Beach. Losing hope for truck.

Jeeves, a Goldfinger, please. Drown my sorrows. No. Goldfinger the movie was the first Bond film to win an Oscar. No. Cannot escape Oscar night.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well, Desert it look like were gonna have to call on Divine intervention for the truck.

Oh Great Spirit, In your name we ask for your help with MrD and MsDs truck. Please o Lord cast out the unclean Demons and Gremlins that have taken hold of this trucks soul. We beseech thee to restore this truck to it's pristine grace.

Now we all hold hands and look at the floor.....

In thy mercy, we know all things mechanical are possible. Help this truck so Mr and Ms D can enjoy the speed and roar of the engine; and carry them safely on their journeys in California. Thanks for your help!! Amen.

There we go...Now we just need a little faith and some WD40.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thank you, whaaa, thank you. That was some mighty fine, powerful prayin'. You know just the right words to say. Someday, when our truck goes to that big wrecking yard across town, could you give the eulogy?

Maybe, whaaa, you could preside over the Lounge Noir Sunday service. Can't make a donation to ya, of course. I've tried salting the collection plate to see if it improves our attendees tithing, but unfortunately it usually comes back with less money in it. Lord knows we try to pay our tabs around here. I've recently had a complaint about the level of illumination. Lord knows how I've had to keep removing light bulbs to save money on the utility bill. Lordy, sweet Lord o' Mercy, whaaa, do you think we are in peril because of demons? Is it bad juju? I tried gettin' that Seventh Day Adventist preacher down the block to preach a sermon, but he said he doesn't work on Sundays. Doesn't work on Sundays! Who ever heard of a preacher not preachin' on Sunday? That's the day everyone tithes. He's missin' out on a lot of money. Maybe he gets his money from Satan or somethin' like that. Anyway, whaaa, if you could say those powerful prayers here, we'ld be grateful. And it would be real easy to get them rolling on the floor from your powerful prayers. They're usually already layin' on the floor Sunday morning anyway.

Now, let us spray WD40.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Spira, here. Take this campfire fork and poke my eyes out, so I won't see any more. No. No. Here, take this camp axe and chop my head off, so I won't remember seeing it.

oh desert! it must have been beyond disappointing...but surely, there must be an easier way to remedy all this than with blinding and decapitation. Join me in a sherry?

Spira, this year's Academy Awards red carpet was terrible! It looked more like a fancy WalMart opening. Spira, the gowns would look better on our tables here.

that's saying a lot desert. You know our tables don't have either the shoulders or decolletage necessary to pull off some of these getups

my TV is deceased - and so I missed the whole thing. Have yet to even look any of it up online. I trust your judgment - even as disappointing as it was - give us your best and worst - please? I do so miss Mr. Blackwell's opinion on all this - but would love to hear your views :-)

No. No. Where were the great movies like Casablanca? Miley Cyrus ain't no Shirley Temple. 10 movies on the list. They've jumped the shark. No. Throw me to the sharks.

sigh...Casablanca. I hate Nostalgia - it always makes now look so bad

Well - for what it's worth - I saw whaaa slink out of here looking mighty fine in a stunning white strapless that very same night

can't say where he got it - but if you'll notice - you can see the legs on the buffet table now

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thank you, Spira, yes, I'ld love to sip a sherry with you. Oh, it was that bad. Too many people all so close, chain link fence, tacky looking gazebos.

I thought Cameron Diaz was perfectly elegant and glamorous for Oscars 2010.

On the other hand, Jennifer Lopez looked like she was taking her conjoined twin to the Oscars.

And Zoe Saldana...I was just about to grab my shotgun to shoot at that monstrous alien lifeform blob that was devouring her lower extremities.

sip sip sip .... So that was whaaa! Well, Spira, you certainly have started something here. Maybe you can start a Lounge Noir business to earn some money for us. Tablewear. "Gowns for tables, and table linen for gowns". You'ld be right up there with Armani, de la Renta, Givenchy. Ooh ooh! Armoireni! de la Rentatable! Givenchaiselounge!

sip sip sip...We might skimp on the shrimp at LN, but, by golly, this sherry is mas fina, ichiban!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Thank you, Spira, yes, I'ld love to sip a sherry with you. Oh, it was that bad.

yes - going through some of the photos now - I can see why you're so distressed - some of those gals were definitely dis-dressed

I thought Cameron Diaz was perfectly elegant and glamorous for Oscars 2010.

stunning

And Zoe Saldana...I was just about to grab my shotgun to shoot at that monstrous alien lifeform blob that was devouring her lower extremities.

laughed 'til I cried... LOL! yes!

seems we have similar tastes in fashion desert - interesting

would need to get a better look at Ms. Theron - Ms. Bullock looks lovely as well

Givenchaiselounge!

yes...The House of Givenchaiselounge

has a very nice ring to it :-)

sip sip...We might skimp on the shrimp at LN, but, by golly, this sherry is mas fina, ichiban!

well - it's definitely medicinal at this point - you take all you need :-)

[edit on 3/10/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Evening, everyone!

Jeeves, a hearty dose of that sherry. I probably was sick recently, because I hadn't taken it for awhile. I'm glad Spira reminded me of its medicinal use.

Speaking of Spira. Spira, I turned on my satellite radio, which was set to Cinemagic, and the display read Poltergeist. I immediately thought I was going to hear this delightful tune....ahem....let me sing it for you...

Poltergeist, poltergeist
You move objects without me.
Can't see you, you're angry, too.
You haunt all the closets about me.

Damn noisy ghost, you get out of my house!
Get out of my house forever!

Poltergeist, poltergeist
Disappear from my closets forever!

....well, the thing is, see, I got my music mixed up. That song was from the Sound of Music, I think. Although I don't remember the Captain's castle being haunted. Maybe I've just hummed and sung too many show tunes.

Speaking of houses. I did have a haunting like in that movie. See, I opened the door to my refrigerator, and a bright light blinded me! And my container of juice fell over, right on top of the can of leftover baked beans, sending it flying, flying out of the fridge! It was then I noticed the package of whole chicken. Poultrygeist had returned!!

...desert falls off barstool...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I've missed you desert

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Thank you, Spira. It IS good to drop by LN when I'm in town. MrD and I are thinking of going out of town today, taking a drive somewhere. Want to go along?

Here's a picture of a little Bed & Breakfast on the coast that looks dreamy. .... chuckle chuckle ... I wish it were so .... Well, here's another place in SoCal that really is a place to stay, but has nothing to do with being a California mission.

Time to visit the breakfast buffet.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

MrD and I are thinking of going out of town today, taking a drive somewhere. Want to go along?

oh, yes - I really, really do

give me about 15 minutes and I'm good to go

I like both - hard to do both in one day I imagine - but what the hey

P.S. that was a little mean

(restless like nobody's business here)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
No problem, Spira. Take all the time you need. I will tell you later where you've been. In case I forget, I am tacking this note, to self, on the bar. "Let us pray. Let us pay."

For now, I want to say something in honor of St. Patrick's Day, 'cause I might not be able to find LN tomorrow, it being a day to partake of festivities and all.

To my Irish grandmother and that part of me that is Irish. To a people who have fought for their independence and the independence of others. Who have been vicious, victorious soldiers, yet who hate the idea of war. When their language was silenced, they continued to sing and write and tell their story. To a people who can believe in the wee fairies and the omnipotent God. To the worst cooks but the best knitters. To all who shed a tear when singing Galway Bay in America, and yet can fill a room with laughter. Let us all be Irish for this day!

And on March 17... green
at the buffet here...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join