It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I haven't been paying attention!

Hey, Spira, glad you like the book.

oh - I do - and like many of my books - it's in my "to read" pile - just waiting for me to learn how to read :-)

It turned into a very romantic time; as it turned out, I believe I got some encouragement, from more than having a glass of wine on the romantic balcony, while listening to romantic music from a Spanish guitar below.

see - the wine and the guitar would have worked for me - amorous afterlife cheerleaders - completely over the top

:-)

I never did come across one of my favorite books, Uspenky's Theory of Equations.

sounds interesting - why is this one of your favorites?

Well, my only moose spotting has been a Moosehead beer.

we can only do what we can do

How has everyone been enjoying their summertime?

frankly, I could use a little more summer in my summer - if you know what I mean

shouldn't complain - because in many ways this summer has been wonderful - especially for sleeping

maybe I just miss whining about the heat? :-)

definitely look that one up, Spira!...but I'm not sure I want to be in the Valley with all the crowds that weekend ...

yeah - crowds....

I like people and all that - but sometimes I like them better when they're not all together at the same time in the same place

:-)

good luck with your attempts to contact Sylvia - it's always nice to make new friends

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Elephants in My Mailbox? I looked it up. But still don't know what exactly it's about.

Well, since you said keep them coming, here's another one. From Summer '00. DC.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Good times.

Hope everyone's Summer went well. I'm looking forward to Fall though.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Dinner tonight is the best hot pastrami sandwich this side of ATS. With a frosty glass of lemonade. What did everyone else order?

Oh...that desert, when she gets confused, she really gets confused. enjoies, that book was Elephants in YOUR Mailbox...it is a delightful book about Mr. Horchow's adventures in the mail order business, with his Horchow Collection catalog. His catalog was not an offshoot of a store, as were other catalogs of the time. I was reminded of QVC when I remembered his book. There is no brick and mortar QVC store.

Spira, Uspensky's book was given to me in college, by an acquaintance who found it in the house in which he was living and gave it to me, thinking I might be interested in it. I was! Unlike a lot in Life, equations have answers, solutions. You can move through equations from start to finish, using the rules. Outside of mathematics, equations describe and bring answers to the physical world. Neither of my kids likes equations, but my history loving son is starting to get into chaos theory and physics, from Einstein through Hawking.

Ok, I realized that Yosemite, the Valley being at only about 3,000 ft elev, would be too warm for my liking Labor Day. Plus, our mechanic can't get the truck back to us until this week, so we didn't get to test drive it ourselves. Looks like we'll just stay home...but spend Saturday morning decluttering the garage...yay!...well, MrD's not as excited...

Yesterday, MrD and I rearranged the furniture upstairs, so one day when our CRT tv goes out, we'll get a 46" 21st cent tv and immediately have a place to put it. We switched out the furniture tv cabinet with the huge antique buffet in the dining area. The cabinet now holds the china, and the buffet looks great with tv and home theatre system on top. We actually LOOK like we're ready for 21st cen home entertainment. Now to find a place for the Victrola...just kidding...

All this new look has our cat totally confused...worse than me!...he has kept to himself, under the bed, I think, slinking out only to sniff around before he retreats to safety.

Oh, enjoies...I really am drawn into the subject of your photos. You seem to have a good eye for photography. So, please, put up as much as you want. I was very impressed with how beautiful are the buildings in my nation's capital. Every American needs to see DC.

I miss EB's music. I want him to play another song on the jukebox.

Well, I'm off to the dessert bar. Ice cream.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Dinner tonight is the best hot pastrami sandwich this side of ATS. With a frosty glass of lemonade. What did everyone else order?

my sister gave me a basket of vegetables fresh from her garden

life doesn't get any better than that - still warm from the sun

...Unlike a lot in Life, equations have answers, solutions. You can move through equations from start to finish, using the rules. Outside of mathematics, equations describe and bring answers to the physical world.

hate to say it - but I'm one of those girls - that's what they mean when they say girls don't get math - me

if it weren't for one compassionate geometry teacher who couldn't see how failing me would serve any good purpose - I'd still be in high school to this day

but for some perverse reason I am infatuated with it

Neither of my kids likes equations, but my history loving son is starting to get into chaos theory and physics, from Einstein through Hawking.

see - you can't even scratch the surface of things like that - without the math

so desert - you get the math? :-)

lucky

All this new look has our cat totally confused...worse than me!...he has kept to himself, under the bed, I think, slinking out only to sniff around before he retreats to safety.

all you have to do is move one thing - just one - and their world makes no sense anymore :-)

[edit on 8/31/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
* raises his glass *

I would like to take this moment to congratulate whaaa on his blue C. Well done whaaa, you are really moving along in the contribution level game.

I am just hoping to someday be honored with a blue G. Speaking of Sam Elliot who I think is great btw: My brother-in-law looks like Sam's shorter, not-so-good looking brother. We call him mini-Virgil (after Sam's part in Tombstone). Although...my brother-in-law is better looking than Kyra Sedgwick who is married to Kevin Bacon (oops wrong thread).....

Well...off to the gym. Off like last night's underwear...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
*heads over to the jukebox and picks song #447*

I stood stone-like at midnight suspended in my masquerade
I combed my hair till it was just right and commanded the night brigade
I was open to pain and crossed by the rain and I walked on a crooked crutch
I strolled all alone through a fallout zone and came out with my soul untouched
I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd but when they said "Sit down" I stood up.
Ooh-ooh growin' up

The flag of piracy flew from my mast, my sails were set wing to wing
I had a jukebox graduate for first mate, she couldn't sail but she sure could sing,
I pushed B-52 and bombed `em with the blues with my gear set stubborn on standing
I broke all the rules, strafed my old high school, never once gave thought to landing,
I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd but when they said "Come down" I threw up
Ooh-ooh growin' up

I took month-long vacations in the stratosphere and you know it's really hard to hold your breath.
I swear I lost everything I ever loved or feared, I was the cosmic kid in full costume dress
Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth but I got me a nice little place in the stars
And I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car
I hid in the mother breast of the crowd but when they said "Pull down" I pulled up
Ooh-ooh growin' up. Ooh-ooh growin' up

"Growing Up" by......The Boss

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
One more for the road....

Well things were spinnin' round me
And all my thoughts were cloudy
And I had begun to doubt all the things that were me
Been in so many places
You know I've run so many races
And looked into the empty faces of the people of the night
And something is just not right, 'cause I know

That I gotta get out of here
I'm so alone
Don't you know that I gotta get out of here
'cause New York's not my home

Though all the streets are crowded
There's somethin strange about it
I lived there 'bout a year and I never once felt at home
I thought Id make the big time
I learned a lot of lessons awful quick
And now Im tellin' you
That they were not the nice kind
And its been so long since I have felt fine, that's the reason

That I gotta get out of here
I'm so alone
Don't you know that I gotta get out of here
'cause New York's not my home

Jim Croce

"Now York's Not My Home"

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

E_B,

Thanks for noticing my color. I love to start fires in the Right wing mail boxes with threads about Sarah Palin and the stars and flags just roll on in. It pales in comparison to your Paul Mc. thread. Do you even stop in there any more?
I would like to take this opportunity to invite all my rabble rousing friends here at LN to join in the chain jerking of the GOP, the Religious Right and just the ideologically constipated in general. It's quite fun and rewarding.

I've noticed Desert joining in the frivolity from time to time. Take no prisoners!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yes my friend. I find I can only handle ATS in small doses these days. I get myself all jacked up when I spend too much time there.

I do pop into the Paul McCartney thread from time to time. Fascinating how that thing sat dormant for about two years like a cancer and then all of a sudden blew up like a nasty boily cyst.

Maybe the one about Jackie Onassis will come back to life.....

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi All....

Figured I drop on over here to BTS see what goes on while I'm reading about conspiracy's.

Anyhow, what's going on or should I read thru the thread first?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

Anyhow, what's going on or should I read thru the thread first?

Welcome L. There are some amusing moments here at LN but 83pgs might bog you down. What are you drinkin?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thanks Whaaa,

Nothing right this minute but maybe some Jack in few...

Yea, 83 pages are some heavy reading...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So what's in store for you guys this Labor Day weekend?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
e. I'm glad to be working this holiday for a small production company
shooting Rap videos for some Rap artists down in the South Valley. Nice folks. When they upload them to youtube I'll let everyone here at LN know so they can check them out.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Lucent! What's up? Hey....you signed up exactly 5 days after I did. We're about to turn 4.

Welcome. Barkeep, Lucent's money is no good around here....for a week or so anyway.....

I have a very deep question for everyone. Would like some well thought answers please:

Has the world spun off its axis?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I have a very deep question for everyone. Would like some well thought answers please:

Has the world spun off its axis?

how serious are you about this?

'cause I'm in a mood...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

how serious are you about this?

'cause I'm in a mood...

I'm actually quite serious. It appears sometihing is amiss with all the cimate changes....in regards to weather, the political climate, the emotional climate, the military climate, the underworld climate, etc....

Looks like we're in for some nasty weather. The real storm has not arrived yet!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

well, just great...

storm coming in here - always makes me anxious

I'm just going to blame it on that - for now

but I promise to give it some more thought...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

P.S.

what are your sources?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

This lady seems to be kinda skeered too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't feel bad but I just took a Valium. That's probably why!

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join