It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Spira, oh, yes, there are the most beautiful places and natural phenomena on this wonderful planet. And when I see pictures of places like Petra, I like to imagine what is was like when it was in use, what were the people like then who were there, what did they look like, dress like.

yes - time lurking...I understand

just something about Petra - you know? that's one of the ones - that keeps poking...

I think I could probably live there - pretty sure it's not allowed

...my #1 movie scene is the scene at the beginning, when all those primates are sitting around, with the blend of actors and animals...

yup - one of the best ever - for me too - something there that's just beautiful

pssst, Spira....uh, I'm a little embarrassed to ask, 'cause I must be missing something, but... of what teeth photos are you speaking? But, surely, teeth photos do creep me out.

oh god - I hope it's not just me...

the teeth - they're everywhere - every time I look around the page - teeth - all these horrible advertisements featuring teeth - without their faces, sometimes without their mouths - it's driving me mad...

they may be whiter - but they're still creepy

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

Hey, anybody here like Cajun music?

I think these dudes had a few to many Blue G's

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Oh boy.....guts to take it easy on the Blue G's......JEEZ!

Whaaa, I am psyched about your career and hope you are having fun. I'm close to loathing what I do so....there ya go.....

Everyone: smiles.....smiles....The Prez...Obama is coming here to share a beer with us and a laugh or two, maybe smoke a cigarette, and hopes to walk away feeling less guilty about bending us over and not giving us a kiss after.

Personally...I'm going to act retarded so he leaves me alone. So if you sees me actin' funny, don't worry...it's all an act and if you see me actin' funny over there in the corner by myself...well, that'd be me just practicing.

Barkeep...I'll take a 16 oz. RoboMeister over there in the corner. Thank you.....buy everyone whatever they want and put it on my tab...

*heads to the corner...carrying a guitar....pretty strange....never saw him with the guitar before.....sits and starts strumming it and playing around...left handed....*

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hi, y'all! hmmmmm.....who's that person of diminished mental capacity sitting in the corner?....oh, Hi, EB
...wow, you sure can play that guitar...first time...and left handed

I guess I missed our Prez...I'll have a beer anyway...mmmmmmm....cold, frothy....oooh, fresh kettle corn...we musta paid our tabs...munch munch.... to replenish the bar bowls with something other than stale popcorn....

Yes, whaaa, I, too, continue to admire you for your new career. I'll bet in 5 years I'll end my current one...but MrD and I have some ideas about how to keep our minds and lives active in another direction...that MrD, he's so full of good ideas...love that man dearly...sigh...

Oh, yes, Spira, teeth pictures can get ugly, especially in stupid advertisements. I also hate those warts and toe nail fungi that try to act cute...they're disgusting...I think all this cutesy stuff started with the scrubbing bubbles...a pile of poop is still a pile of poop, no matter how cute it acts...well..haha...that Mr Hanky sure is a cute fellow...Hidy ho! ...haha ...sigh...he's still a turd...

I've been pretty mellow lately...I thought I saw my Life flash by me...but I was just sitting on the camel backwards...I'm in a nomad mood...riding the camel until I get somewhere, just lookin' at the passing scenery...hey, does anyone else here hang out their laundry to dry instead of using the dryer?...any chance I get I don't use the dryer...

Well, I'm gonna take a bowl of kettle corn outside. I'll take the door to the forest...I feel like I want to sit under a pine tree and wait for a moose to walk by...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I've been pretty mellow lately...I thought I saw my Life flash by me...but I was just sitting on the camel backwards...

:-)

...hey, does anyone else here hang out their laundry to dry instead of using the dryer?...any chance I get I don't use the dryer...

oh - I would if I could - so much nicer - haven't thought about it for a while - but I really miss that :-)

especially if you live where there are pine trees and the air isn't 80% poison and other non-lung friendly particulates

but, I hate to complain....

Well, I'm gonna take a bowl of kettle corn outside. I'll take the door to the forest...I feel like I want to sit under a pine tree and wait for a moose to walk by...

that sounds so nice...

my sister was bit by a moose once

no - really...

here's to nomad moods - I so understand - hope you see your moose - it would make me very happy if you do :-)

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

No air drying for me. Gotta use a dryer.

Not worrying about that now though. Kicking back, about to watch some baseball.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Let's see...that's one, "would if could"...a definite no...for me, a "do it every chance I get, but I do it indoors, using a wooden rack"....I hope everyone reading this remembers what these are answers to, otherwise it sounds strange...we'll tally more as others chime in...

Spira, I'd better lay of the hard lemonade here. I thought your sister got "hit" by a moose. How did she get bit...trying to hand feed one? While summer camping as kids, my sister and I always bought small bags of oatmeal to hand feed the deer with...at our state parks! I doubt that can be done today.

My sister and I would also go fishing with my dad. We would come home and put the bluegill in a bucket, thinking we would turn them into pets. They were fun to watch, swimming round and round next to the sides of the bucket, for awhile. I don't remember eating them, but I do know our backyard plants were always lush and healthy. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, fish scales to old time plant food.

Hey, here's another energy saving tip. Keep cool around...inside... one's house by shedding all clothing. Hey, anyone else here...nah, I won't ask that one.

I want to see District 9. I probably won't see it in a theatre, although big screen would be best. MrD and I will end up seeing it at home. I have a feeling I'll be over analyzing it, but I think I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

Oh, that cajun group whaaa discovered is booked here for Saturday afternoon. Any fiddlers out there care to join them?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What's up, BTS?

Worker RS dropping by.......

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hey Russian Soldier....wassup? How goes the battle...or battles? Are there any battles going on in your life? Are you and your associates battling in Afghanistan or Uzbakistan or Khazikstan or Iscreamstan....

God bless you and your soldierness!

Now I have to head over to the jukebox and play song #445,675. This one's for you whaaa!

Willie the Wimp was buried today,
They laid him to rest in a special way.
Sent him off in the finest style
That casket-mobile really drove 'em wild
Southside Chicago will think of him often
Talkin' 'bout Willie the Wimp and his Cadillac coffin,
Willie the Wimp and his Cadillac coffin

That casket, it looked like a fine Seville
He had a vanity license and a Cadillac grille
Willie was propped up in the driver's seat
He had diamonds on his fingers and a smile sweet
Fine red suit had the whole town talkin'
Talkin' 'bout Willie the Wimp and his Cadillac coffin
Willie the Wimp and his Cadillac coffin

0h, Cadillac to Heaven he was wavin' the banner
He left like he lived, in a lively manner
With a-hundred dollar bills in his fingers tight
He had flowers for wheels and a-flashin' headlights
He been wishin' for wings, no way he was walkin'
Talkin' 'bout Willie the Wimp and his Cadillac coffin
Yeah, Willie the Wimp and his Cadillac coffin

Willie The Wimp by S.R.V. This is on my all time top ten list of best songs to crank in your car.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm not a soldier. Maybe later on...time will tell. But some of my friends are. Bless them.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hey man...being human is the same as being a soldier. Life is a constant battle...or brief periods of peace mixed with war after war....

This is an idea of what I mean:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

How did she get bit...trying to hand feed one?

forgive me desert - I have myself a little Monty Python problem - that's all it is - was seeking help, but my helper had no sense of humor - so the problem remains to this day

as far as I know my sister has never been close enough to a moose to get herself bit :-)

We would come home and put the bluegill in a bucket, thinking we would turn them into pets.

I remember those times - when anything that moved could be a pet :-)

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've just recently discovered that becoming a cartoon is now an option

I think I'm going to give it a go - I just came by here to say bye to everyone

in case it doesn't go well -

I usually wait until this sort of thing has been more thoroughly tested

see you in the funny papers

[edit on 8/15/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
here you go desert (or - whoever)

enjoy:

www.smouse.force9.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Moose! Funny moose! Spira, I now love all the funny moose!

Well, I just dropped by for something cold and icy...hey, stop staring, you guys...I've been downstairs decluttering the guest/storage room...so we can have guests spend the night...whenever we have guests...which is three or four times a year...which is why the room really ended up more as the overflow room...overflowing with stuff, not guests...

Anyway, I found books for everyone here. Here's The Hollywood Posse (The Story of a Gallant Band of Horsemen Who Made Movie History) by D Cary, for whaaa. Here's The Man Who Tasted Shapes by R Cytowic, M.D., for Spira. For EB, Single Out by Ruth Weiss, who's a real beatnick poet. And for when dg drops by, Puppetry of the Penis by Morely and Friend.

Hey, Russian Soldier
Good to see you! I'll go back downstairs to find another book.

Everyone let me know how you like your book. Let me know your book requests, and I'll see if I have it. ..... Imagine. Books at LN...This is a classy joint.

Spira, I picture you in a giant bubble floating away...like Glynda in TWOO. I'm one of the munchkins waving and saying, "Goodbye! Goodbye!"

edit: that desert. she's so crazy when she drinks a cold and icy drink and tells spira about GWTW when she meant TWOO. Next thing ya know she'll be falling up the stairs...not as painful as down the stairs

[edit on 15-8-2009 by desert]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Here's The Man Who Tasted Shapes by R Cytowic, M.D., for Spira.

LOVE it! desert - seriously - how did you know? :-) am I that easy?

I think this sort of thing is amazing - fascinating (for real)

Spira, I picture you in a giant bubble floating away...like Glynda in GWTW. I'm one of the munchkins waving and saying, "Goodbye! Goodbye!"

thank you for that

one of the best scenes ever - right?

and a personal favorite

are you channeling or something? 'cause you are definitely on this afternoon

how's the Moose Spotting going? :-)

later -

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Took this picture today in Central Park

i61.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

very nice -

I love New York - love it - now see - THAT's a real city :-)

been a while since I've been...

they call this a city (Denver)

but it's mostly just a town with extra concrete

not complaining - I love my town :-)

but - also love the city...

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
In honor of the LN Saturday morning buffet, I will sing the following...with apologies to Bob King...ahem...

wiches are beautiful,
wiches are fine.
I like
wiches, I eat them all the time;
I eat them for my supper and I eat them for my lunch;
If I had a hundred
wiches, I'd eat them all at once.

...now, I will sing "New York, New York" without apologizing to anyone...except those who no longer have their fingers in their ears...actually, those patrons I feel sorry for, because they are deaf to my tone deafness... in fact, they're lucky.

I sing that song in honor of enjoies's very nice picture! enjoies, I like your photos...keep them coming. I've been through NY on planes and a train, but I've only spent one day actually exploring the city. I think I should have to live three months there to really see it.

Hey, Spira, glad you like the book. Speaking of channeling, here's an honest to God, pinky swear, true story. Md and I went to a lovely small hotel for a long weekend. It turned into a very romantic time; as it turned out, I believe I got some encouragement, from more than having a glass of wine on the romantic balcony, while listening to romantic music from a Spanish guitar below.

You see, upon leaving, we were asked by the clerk if we had seen Sylvia. I thought that she meant, did we see our hotel maid, which was a strange question. Then it popped into my head, the hotel has a ghost...and we had stayed in the room she purportedly haunted! And Sylvia was said to be a lady of the night, or at the least, romantically involved with a sailor...or two...but she is said to have committed suicide in that room...or found dead by someone else's hands...

I think I channeled Sylvia that stay. Of course, MrD had quite a time...don't think we've had such a time as that again...and, no, whaaa, sorry, but I won't re-enact my Sylvia impression here...

I found a book for Russian Soldier: Beulah, A Biography of the Mineral King Valley of California by L Jackson.

Oh, and I found a book for enjoies: Elephants in My Mailbox by R Horchow.

I never did come across one of my favorite books, Uspenky's Theory of Equations. I'm pretty sure it got lost years ago in the divorce. My ex would box up "my stuff" he found every once in a while, but some of the "stuff" was just junk I think he wanted to off load. I would find these boxes on my doorstep every so often. At first I thought maybe a rattlesnake would jump out or a device would explode, but, no, he was just adamant to get rid of all "my stuff" in his Life.

Well, my only moose spotting has been a Moosehead beer. Is that beer still highly popular in Canada?

Oh, there's a movie called, something like, Seven Dumpsters and a Corpse. Well, I will inform everyone at LN, that I only used one dumpster and found no corpse downstairs. Yay!

How has everyone been enjoying their summertime? Work has been long hours for me, and I look forward to weekends...and Labor Day long weekend coming up. The truck is back in the shop to take care of a couple things, but when we get it back, we plan to drive up to the mountains for the day.

I'm still debating if I want to stay at Yosemite for Labor Day weekend. There're still rooms left at the Ahwahnee...definitely look that one up, Spira!...but I'm not sure I want to be in the Valley with all the crowds that weekend ... although the hotel is kinda off by itself...well, I'll give it another thought... staying home wouldn't be all that bad really...what's that MrD? Go look for Sylvia? ... such a character is that MrD!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
whaaa...whaaa...I'm breathless and excited...no, I didn't channel Sylvia!...this is about you! MrD and I just got through watching Appaloosa...and the credits mentioned Bonanza Creek Ranch! I think that's the place you told us about!

Uh, if I'm just watching that movie now, I'll have something to add to your thread about District9, oh, say, a year from now?

Jeeves, a night cap, please. Yes, small.

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join