It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Good to see all the regulars and irregulars here tonight!

Well, Marshall Whaaa! Miss Desert Kitty says that you are welcome to enjoy all the fun at her Longwhip Saloon! You've earned it, pardner.

What are dg and EB doing with all that Grey Poupon?

Roswell! That's another museum I'ld like to visit. ...I think I've already lived my life in reverse...like I've already done my bucket list...now I want to visit the schlocky museums.

Oh, whaaa, I believe you could save the world. We at least all should try to save the world around us. Fuzzy bees...that smile...I like that. I'm sorry I don't have my dream book with me.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

:-)

don't sell yourself short whaaa

and - what if that was just pure prophecy? We'd be counting on you then for sure

anyway - you know how dreams go - I'll explain what I remember...

snow everywhere - thinking maybe because your avatar is mostly just white

you were represented in the dream by nothing but your name - floating in white

I just think that is so interesting - how the mind works

the whole 2012 thing was definitely ON :-)

I think I got that because I just renewed something that expires 10 days after the date of "the fated event" and I was pondering their optimism :-) (so, must have been on my mind)

as we all might well imagine - chaos - people running about aimlessly - panic in the air...

and even though winter was everywhere - there were all these fuzzy little yellow bees milling about - no black marks - just yellow - and if you got close enough to look at one in the face - (yes - face) they were all smiling

and - not creepy :-)

in any case - they started flying off in groups - and you figured out we should follow them - and so we did - directly into what can only be called Eden

end of the whole 2012 thing right then and there

there was more going on - but - that was most of it

thanks whaaa!

always nice to have a dream that ends well

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Roswell! That's another museum I'ld like to visit. ...I think I've already lived my life in reverse...like I've already done my bucket list...now I want to visit the schlocky museums.

which means - you've seen all the non-schlocky museums???!!! :-)

Florence? oh my...

my bucket list changes on a daily basis - sometimes from minute to minute

however - a month (or many, many more) in Florence is a permanent fixture

Roswell is on there too - for now :-)

edit to ask a question, because I kept thinking about it... desert - that is really an interesting thing you just said - that you'd already done your bucket list

now I'm so curious about it - if you feel like sharing - what are some of the highlights?

it's one of my favorite things - learning the favorite things of other people

[edit on 7/25/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Brunch buffet! Yay!...hmmmm, the closest I'll ever get to Florence is eating this Quiche Florentine...

I think when I was younger, I had a mighty long list, but over the years there must have been a hole in the bucket...for some good reason...and a lot of what I once wanted to do I've either done or don't care to do anymore or I'm doing now what I want...

Having grown up in Los Angeles, I was taken to the museums there, plus every Indian and mission museum in the Southwest, thanks to my parents. I've been to parts of the Smithsonian. The Louvre I had at one point wanted to see but don't care to travel the world as I once thought would be nice. Now, I enjoy everyone else's stories of their travels and experiences...sort of like sitting around a campfire listening to fellow travelers tell their tales.

My sons went to Florence with their Italian nanni. They loved it and shared their tales.

I think, for me, which will not be for someone else necessarily, I spent half my Life trying to have the Life I thought I needed, without realizing at the time that I was living the life I needed to live in order to get what I, in my heart, knew I wanted and cherished.

It's kind of like how one used to tune in a radio station, listening to all the static until you got it right on the correct frequency. Then it comes in loud and clear. haha...I can still drift, making for some static, but I can get the correct frequency back quicker now lol

...oh, the bees...they might represent what a bee does in Life, make sure life goes on by pollinating...So what if 2012 hits with something horrible...Life certainly has hit many people through time with something horrible, but Life goes on...if it does end for all or most, well, it truly has been a long strange trip...

Yes, I do believe whaaa can change the world, because it is people like him who truly can change the World, change Life...the way humanity deserves it, a better world for all. Others have done it in the past, are doing it now, and not all are written about or spoken about...not all have been declared saints, but saints they are. In little ways, we can all change the World. We can all write our own Scripts.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

you've just said some things that are very true for me as well...

I think when I was younger, I had a mighty long list, but over the years there must have been a hole in the bucket...for some good reason...and a lot of what I once wanted to do I've either done or don't care to do anymore or I'm doing now what I want...

yes - the hole... :-) I think it MUST be for some good reason

I've lost some stuff along the way too - the obsession for travel in general - now I don't need to see all of it

but the places/things that are still with me, bothering me, poking at me - lo these many years later...those are the ones I think :-)

I think, for me, which will not be for someone else necessarily, I spent half my Life trying to have the Life I thought I needed, without realizing at the time that I was living the life I needed to live in order to get what I, in my heart, knew I wanted and cherished.

very nice

it's something I would wish for everyone (my self included) - to realize what we really cherish/want/need

I get closer every day (always reserving the right to change my mind - of course) :-)

...So what if 2012 hits with something horrible...

yup :-) the bees do represent continuation - don't they?

Yes, I do believe whaaa can change the world, because it is people like him who truly can change the World, change Life...the way humanity deserves it, a better world for all.

well - he did change one little section of my world for me - so I don't see why not

but as for your list - you must have one lovely item (at least) that you would dearly love to see? Someting outrageous, decadent, weird or even simple?

also - now I want Quiche Florentine...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's good to see the regulars and irregulars. Those that are irregular, I would suggest some fiber and more fuilds...perhaps some exercise. It's amazing how a good run can trigger a good bowel movement.

Now for a bit of music.....*heads to the box and hits #78,455*

I'm not like them
But I can pretend
The sun is gone
But I have a light
The day is done
But I'm having fun

I think I'm dumb
or maybe just happy
Think I'm just happy
my heart is broke
But I have some glue
help me inhale
And mend it with you
We'll float around
And hang out on clouds
Then we'll come down
And I have a hangover...
Have a hangover

Skin the sun
Fall asleep
Wish away
The soul is cheap
Lesson learned
Wish me luck
Soothe the burn
Wake me up

I'm not like them
But I can pretend
The sun is gone
But I have a light
The day is done
But I'm having fun

Dumb - Curt Kobain

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

I'm not like them
But I can pretend
The sun is gone
But I have a light
The day is done
But I'm having fun

Dumb - Curt Kobain

thank you Excitable

that helped get me through a moment...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That was real good, EB, real good. Let's see....ok....here's one...and Tammy's gonna sing it for ya...Jeeves, I'll have a beer to cry in...

Take the ribbon from your hair, Shake it loose and let it fall,
Lay it soft upon my skin. Like the shadows on the wall.

Come and lay down by my side till the early morning light
All I'm takin' is your time. Help me make it through the night.

I don't care what's right or wrong, I won't try to understand.
Let the devil take tomorrow Lord tonight I need a friend.

Yesterday is dead and gone and tomorrow's out of sight
And it's sad to be alone. Help me make it through the night.

I don't care what's right or wrong,I won't try to understand.
Let the devil take tomorrow Lord tonight I need a friend.

Yesterday is dead and gone and tomorrow's out of sight
And it's sad to be alone. Help me make it through the night.

I don't wanna be alone. Help me make it through the night.

Lordy, that's some good stuff...
....I never used to like country until I realized it's like classical opera...then I could relate....Tammy...singin' in heaven she is...

Spira! I found this note in my bucket...See Aurora Borealis...and here's another one...Pan for gold in a river...oh, one more...Saute and eat a truffle...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

...See Aurora Borealis...and here's another one...Pan for gold in a river...oh, one more...Saute and eat a truffle...

Aurora Borealis is on mine too! occasionally we're supposed to be able to see them here (rare) but never have

cooking truffles isn't on mine - but eating them should be maybe

Aurora Borealis
Southern Cross
Botswana
Florence
Petra
Tahiti

edit to add: I lied before - I got to thinking about it and - I think I have to see everything else too

tack on the rest of the planet

seems doable

your posts always make me hungry...

[edit on 7/26/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

forgot to add - that is an excellent song - by the way

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wow, long time no see! I just decided to drop by and say hi to all my old friends. Hope all is well.

I lurk 99% of the time now since I can't log in from work anymore. Perhaps in the future I'll come by more on my free time, who knows.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hey look everyone it's Secret Titan. Hey Titan, where you been friend?
Have any swell adventures? Jeeves, get my freind here a tall one.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
very nice to meet you Secret Titan

I've nothing much to say just now...

except - whaaa - I saw my very first coyote in the city the other night

right smack dab in the middle of Denver - blocks from where I live

pretty young thing

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

pretty young thing

Was that coyote up on Colfax by any chance.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

so - you do know Denver then?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Okay....time out. TIME OUT! Why does whaaa have a fully colored G and I don't? RUDE!!

Whaaa...I know it's not your fault and you really prefer to have a white G like I do.....damn commies running this joint.

I guts to come up with a new, brilliant idea for a thread like that Paul McCartney one that's gotten me a lot of points recently. Hmmmm....

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Yeah, that one is great.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Enjoies, you being flip? I hope so....

Well, I,m going to take my sorry white G ass over to watch TV with the missus....The Wipe Out is on or something about the wiping?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't know where else to go with this, so I'll just ask here...

is anybody creeped out by all these teeth photos as much as I am?

just wondering

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Secret titan!
Keep on lurking! Hey, I think we need to come up with a new drink recipe in honor of all the LN patrons who can't be here as much as they want...we'll call it the Lurker.

Howdy, enjoies! I can't believe EB gets all those flags and points for a thread about a dead guy...or is he REALLY dead?

Blue G...well, I don't know what to say about that...maybe we need a LN drink called the Blue G...

Spira, oh, yes, there are the most beautiful places and natural phenomena on this wonderful planet. And when I see pictures of places like Petra, I like to imagine what is was like when it was in use, what were the people like then who were there, what did they look like, dress like. I could be a time traveler lurker!
Speaking of time travel...I found my bucket list for a future life...#1 is a trip in outer space just like the one on the commercial flight in the movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey. Besides being #1 on my movie list, my #1 movie scene is the scene at the beginning, when all those primates are sitting around, with the blend of actors and animals. Interesting idea from the movie, that man evolved from primates at the point the primate took a tool, a bone, to use as a weapon to kill a fellow primate.

pssst, Spira....uh, I'm a little embarrassed to ask, 'cause I must be missing something, but... of what teeth photos are you speaking? But, surely, teeth photos do creep me out.

Hey, anybody here like Cajun music?

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join