It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Here in the good ole US of A at one time we had Unitarian presidents *gasp*
both Adamans, Fillmore, Taft and Jefferson. Actually Jefferson only favored the Unitarians and didn't really belong to any church.

The reason I bring this up is that I would like to invite all the Unitarians around ATS to join us here at "Lounge Noir" and help us celebrate the end of the world coming
6/6/06.

We are pretty well stocked up on food and booze but if you could bring a sweater that you no longer wear and put it in the collection bin for the "Chilly Children" it would be much appreciated.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
ya' know, whaaa....that today, by the Julian (Julien) calender..today is 6/6/06, by our calender 5/25/06. Actually, all of these dates are kinda' arbitrary, don't ya' think?

Hell's bells, by MrPenny's calender its "feck" in the month of "Ineed", in the year of our liver, "adrink". If you're unfamiliar with our calendrical notation...that's feck/ineed/adrink. Pretty darn simple.

I am kinda' bummed out. The 17 yr. old kitty finally gave it up last night. I thought she'd be around forever....but her old kidneys had other ideas. RIP Molasses.

How 'bout a glass 'bout 'this' tall.....3 fingers of frozen Stoli, top it off with seltzer and 2 squeezed, lime wedges. Ooowhee, that's good.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by MrPenny]

[edit on 25-5-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So, MrPenny, how's the location of your new bar? Oh and how about a name for it? The penny bar? lol. Lets get a name for it.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Rushin' Sojer.......Itsh called....*hic*.........Lounge Noir.....

Wassa' matter? Isz tha neon out?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Condolences MrP I truly know how it is when a long term friend leaves us.
I'll have one in honor of Molasses too.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Collapsing onto a sofa at Lounge Noir

DESERT

Seems like ages since I've been here. My fractured arm had healed
enough to get me back to work, so I've been busy getting tired.
First, my cat, Orangeman, sends his condolences. Oh, yes, I'll
have a Tecola (cola with a shot of that Jose Cuervo Black Medallion
I saw advertised and said hey that sounds good--sucker for new
things--name I made up after the first taste). Thanks. For years I
confused Unitarians with Universal Life (embarrassed); visited New
England and saw quaint U churches and said hey they're old! My
sons attended U youth programs, and I've presented a program a
couple times. Anyway, 6-6-06 sounds good--for the Millenium my
husband and I partied on the coast, while friends and relatives
bunkered down with flashlights and canned beans. Well, can't stay,
gotta get to sleep, so I can wake up early to head out to the desert
for the three day weekend. Got new flag to display.

Desert leaves Lounge Noir. We hear Chewbacca, the camel, bellowing.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Note to self: the minute you start to like tequila, stop drinking.

Thanks to MrPenny's neon sign and Russian soldier's northern Russia location, I exited through the wrong door and spent half the night thinking I was watching the Aurora Borealis!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Desert, all those doors have got me all confused as well; It's like some surreal
PeeWees' fun house.

I decided to look Behind the Green door and sure nuff there was Marylin Chambers
sitting in one of those plastic chairs, smoking cigarettes and drinking Mt. Dew. I asked her if I could buy her a drink inside "lounge Noir" then she said something most cryptic. "Get lost twerp"

Anyway it's really good to just sit here and relax and drink one of those SaltyDogs this place is famous for. Whoa, are those chichirones? Can I have some?

I hope MrP is OK, I haven't seen him in a couple of days.
Desert is it ok with you if we watch the news on the big old Plasma TV. I want to see if they ever found the body of that Hollaway girl in Aruba.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm convinced she's not in Aruba, and probably is alive somewhere. And that this whole case is a hoax..

There... I (an Arubian) have said it.:w::w::w:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sure, put the tv on the news; I daily watched the Laci Peterson search and her husband's trial. Hey, Bandit, how popular is your opinion on what happened--what are some other ideas Arubans have?
MrP started his very own ATS blog ! Maybe that's where he's been. We'll have to visit him there.
Could you pass the Beer Nuts, please?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm well, thanks for asking. Been layin' low until my warn goes away and have been busy at work.

See how high you can stack the empties.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Sure, put the tv on the news; I daily watched the Laci Peterson search and her husband's trial. Hey, Bandit, how popular is your opinion on what happened--what are some other ideas Arubans have?

Some people think it's a hoax, seeing the behaviour of the mother when she was here those months, and the message she tried to send to her daughter in the first days she was missing which was something like "please come back home, we can talk about it". Lots of people think the girl ran away.

And almost all of us are sick of the U.S. media that was here all that time. Especially Greta and Fox News.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
oooohh, MrP, the red banner of shame. I received one once for being a little to profane to a MOD and I don't think the trauma of being labeled a troublemaker will ever be completely resolved psychologically. Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat with that infernal banner flashing in front of my tear filled eyes. I don't think there can ever be enough selfflaggelition to erase the absolute horror of receiving another.

Hey Bandit, I ain't a skeered of bein raped and murdered in Aruba. Can I come stay with you for a little bit? How's the bone fishin?

Damnit, that Camel
just knocked over my beercan construction! Desseeertttt!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Welp, I'm gonna hafta kick outta here.

I won't be around for a couple of weeks. My noble employer is shipping me off to greet & schmooze a client they'd love but who is really just yanking their chain. My flight leaves friday and I won't be back til mid june.

This is a good whuite russian. btw.

I'll be in the Middle East until the 12, and it'll take me acouple of days to get back to the states. Here's hopoing its a slow news week for the next couple of weeks for the media. with regards to the ME.

I don't expect the trip will amount to anything. I think my bosses know it, too. They are just sending me out to meet someone who will not wind up using them, anyway. But someone has to go, and so why not strange?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Go with God DrS.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Deserts' camel, still has quite a few relatives in the ME.

When you are out there with the potential clients, remember that your friends in "lounge noir" are pulling for you. Did I say that right?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hope all goes well for you, DrS, and you return with interesting tales to tell at Lounge Noir.
Sorry about the camel, Whaaa. You know the old story about the camel sticking his nose under the tent.
Summer heat seems to have been turned on. Good time for a Lemon Drop. We should have a contest to come up with a new drink in honor of Lounge Noir.
I know this is a little early to bring this up, but who's going to decorate here for the 4th of July. And who's in charge of the fireworks display?
Also, MrP, we need a swimming pool. A large one.

Hot dang, I think I just found where we can get some real nice rocket displays. Let's go get some from this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-6-2006 by desert]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
That's ok desert, my beer can recreation of the Taj Majal was starting to look a little trite and hackneyed anyway.

Heres' my contribution to the drink invention deal. I call it the "lemon drop"
ice, 151, juice of l lemon, l can Mt. Dew, blended to the consistency of a slurpee. mmmmm.

Odd occurrence.............
Last night MrPs' red flag of shame was blacked out with just a grey outline.
Today RED again. cue the "one step beyond" theme.....

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Got the fireworks covered:

I've got this stuff stashed all over the place......---->Careful where you smoke!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Mt. Spew? Gag! Mixing with this stuff leads to having Boonesfarm as the house wine.
I'll just put this Mature Drinkers Only sign on the table over there. See, James Bond just sat down. And there's Dr. Hannibal Lecter--no, sorry Dr. Lecter, we don't serve lady fingers, but our fava beans are the best...
You know, maturing (alright, getting old!) is like getting to the head of the long line at the grocery store. At checkout you put all your stuff before the Checker and public to see, and as it rolls by and piles uo at the end of the counter, you're thinking, "I bought that? Who put that in my cart? Hee, hee, see, I'm having a party, yes, a big dinner party, that's why all the...See, look, I did buy something healthy to eat!"
And speaking of mature, all those Mature warnings on cds and games--if you're mature you don't listen to or play that stuff!!
Actually, MrP, just looking at your avatar, that red warning means, Warning For Being Way Cool And Suave. RE Pool, I had in mind something along the lines of the outdoor pool at Hearst Castle, but with a slide. Perhaps we could contract out to photoshop for this.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Whaaa, 666 is just days away. Let's take our Lemon Drops out to the patio, and bring your guitar to play. In the evening we can find some of those fireworks MrP has stored (I think I see one in back of the potted palm.). How about a good beer to get bottles for the bottle rockets?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join