It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
D, where ya been? Out moving rocks on el Playa?

We missed you!!

Jeeves, put Deserts drink on my tab if you please.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Hey Desert, what's happening

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
*Excitable_Boy sneaks in and sits at the piano. A real beauty this one at the Lounge Noir. An old upright. More scratches than a dog in summer time. Looks to be maybe three keys with ivory still on them. Looks like a piano you would find in an oold western whore house....he begins to play and sing*

Lazy, weeping willow
Swaying by a stream
Lay your body easy down
And drift into a dream
Way down south in Dixie
How long has it been?
You caught that ride to Wichita
And you ain't been back again

Just-a get that vagabond feeling
Get it on the road
Get it like Bo Diddley does
And get it like Tom Joad
And get it like a river does
Flowin' to the sea
Get it like a tumbleweed
Get it like you're free

San Francisco summer
Foghorns in the night
Locked inside that life of yours
Where nothin' works out right
Standing by the highway
People passing by
Your salty tears welled up inside
And you can't even cry

Just-a get that vagabond feeling
Get it on the road
Get it like Bo Diddley does
And get it like Tom Joad
And get it like a river does
Flowin' to the sea
Get it like a tumbleweed
Get it like you're free

You got no close companions
No one knows you well
Up all night with strangers
In a Baltimore hotel
No one knows your mama
Now one knows your pa
And no one knows the life you left
In Batesville, Arkansas

Thank you.....thank you very much. It was a pleasure......for all of you!

What's up everyone? Drinks are on me!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That was sooo beautiful E_B!

Camera dissolve to whaaa...

Whaaa takes a red bandanna from his right rear pocket and begins to wipe
away the tears that are streaming down his brutally handsome face.
choking back a sob he starts to clap....first alone, then the other patrons of LN join in and a chant starts...E_B,E_B,E_B...a star is born!

The patrons hoist E_B on their shoulders and begin parading him around the bar, all the while chanting his name.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My goodness....everyone. Please. This is too much. It brings a tear to me one brown eye it does. Put me down so I can play another...

(this is a rap tune...E_B the White Rapper.....The Wrapper! A Wrapper with cheese bee-ahtch)

Buildings an' people down under the skies,
I walk down the street lookin' out through my eyes,
I'm getting so skinny it hurts to sit down,
I'm deep in the well, I'm in the rat trap town.

Where it's dirty for dirty, it's an eye for an eye,
It's a tooth for a tooth an' a sigh for a sigh
An' ev'rything's edgy like musical chairs
An' ev'ryone's lookin', but who really cares?

Well, I'm tryna get up, tryna laugh in my head,
I'm walkin' on eggs and I'm climbin' on thread.
There's motors an' traffic an' racket an' horns;
My weary ol' stairway is wobbly an' worn.

There a hissin' of heaters an' bangin' ol' pipes,
Screaming of women an' laughin' all night,
There's babies a-cryin' an' somebody's dog,
He's barkin' so loudly, there's a man in the hall...

Hell, it's some kinda lunatic followin' me.
He's down by the john so I can't take a pee.
I'm 's'posed t' be happy, I'm here where it's at,
I'm a face in the crowd, I'm a big city cat.

SNAP!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
E_B!!!

Yes! Whaaa, that is exactly how I remember the fine tribute we gave to E_B went. And this time the tears in my eyes were not caused by that occasional strange odor in here.
Oh, whaaa, hush about me and the Playa. I've been goin' out there for years movin' all those rocks along with a stick at night. Yep, Death Valley Slutty up to her ole tricks again. Speaking of old tricks, did I ever tell you about the time I met John McCain in the Arizona desert?
Jeeves, merlot, please.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That last tune wasn't written as a rap song by the way....but certainy makes a good one, no?

Desert......it's been a long time miss. How is life? Funny you talk about John MacCain as that bastard lives in my my neck of the nape...nape of the woods. He lives near me.

Actually, I think he's a good man. I certainly respect him for going through what he did in Vietnam (and the other men with him). Shows some serious strength of character. I don't like what the campaign brought out in him. It was a disappointment and an embarassment to his family and friends I am sure.....

It just wasn't your time John. Reminds me of Bob Dole but without the pen. Instead he's got that shoulder thing going on when he raises his arms....kind of like Kennedy when he got shot in the neck.

But I'm rambling and the wife is getting pissed as dinner is ready. I will be back later to share some more music....

God bless you all, here, at the Lounge Noir!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
*EB glitches in again and sits at the piano....cracks his knuckles and everyone looks over*

Hello everyone. How was your day? I don't really care. I just ask to be polite. That isn't true but sounded funny. But I'm sure you've all asked someone "How was your day?" and you wish you never had when they start to spill like the Exxon Valdez...Makes you want to stab your ears with anything sharp you can find.

I have another tune.....Give me a C. A lively C. Actually, don't.

Well, the road seems so long before me, I'm feeling confused and
hungry, dark clouds are blocking moonlight -- time is sleepin road
signs are all against me, daybreak sorta seems to take forever
cars pass and put me down, I'm tired and freezing

Well I'll find you and I'll hold you in my memory and once again
I'm living in those harmonies, the sweet love that you give sure
goes a long long way and I, I, won't forget it

I'm trying to be an honest injun, slow walking down a noisy
sidewalk, cruel words from rowdy cowboys here in boomtown seems
everybody's shooting six-guns I'm sick of trying to please 'em all I
heard tell that it can't be done and I don't deny it

Train coming rolling down the track now, click clack and I can't go
back now, hot kettle on your mama's stove and I've ...heard it
whistle I don't wanna see no fortune teller, I'd rather do without
prediction I'll see it when it's all around me, hey, what's the

Hurry?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is the place to be after long hours at work.
Jeeves, could you get me a Mexican Surfer, please? Yes, that guy at the end of the bar looks just right. Ask him if he'ld like to share some Sex On The Beach with me.

Aaahhhhhh...now I need to slip into something comfortable...there...Whaaa, could you check between my legs, please?...no, no, bend over and get your head down there...see, see right there by my feet feels like a plate or something...you know, when the patrons here want to slip into a comfortable leather booth, they should not find dirty dishes on the floor...is MrP skimping on the janitorial service?

E_B, I love those songs. There are lyrics that float on the surface of the emotions, letting us peer deeper, like looking into a pool of deep water. Hey, I agree with you about McCain. Life is an interesting trip.

Wonder if enjoies and jen still have snow? Here's to their warmth on a chilly winter night.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Still snow on the ground, but no more coming down. I could use the warmth though.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
No more snow on the ground at my place, but I heard a rumor that it may snow on Sunday. I better have another medicated hot cocoa, those always take the chill out of the air.

Dessert, how have you been? I've missed you. I bet you didn't know that I'm one of the popular girls at work. I know...it's sounds silly, but it's true!

I see EB came in singing, good, that's good- it's nice to see this place alive again, even though a couple of the old regulars are still missing, there's enough of us here to have a party.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Party? Party is my middle name. That's right, whaaa party El Boracho, that's me. Bet ya'll didn't know that. Hey, E_B I brought my banjo; Lets do "Little Wing"

well she's walkin thru the clouds
with a circus smile and a .38
and a twisted smile on her pretty face

Jen, you just shine in my eyes!!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Aw shucks whaaa... That is the sweetest thing that anyone has said to me all day!!

I'd like to buy this man a drink...what'll ya have whaaa?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yes, a medicated hot cocoa for me, too. As a preventative, mind you. And, Whaaa, please pass me some of that Nyquil, too.
Enjoies might need a hot cocoa, too.

Jen, you are indeed popular wherever you are!

I was out of town for awhile, to a part of the desert that, unfortunately had no internet connection via cell phone, plus just about useless calling signal. That part used to be good, but ATT, since the takeover of Cingular, seems to have decided to get out of that area! BAH!

Jen, how are your chickens? When I first started raising chickens as an adult, I didn't realize egg production went down in the winter, so I would be torn between feeding them or eating them.

Today I finally took down the vinyl stick-on tree with stick-on ornaments from my living room wall. It's too long a story as to why it was still there, or why I bought it in the first place. Sigh...in my lifetime I've seen my grandparents' aluminum tree aglow from the rotating color wheel, to going out at midnight (after a few fortified hot cocoas) to the forest behind the cabin to chop down the "perfect" Christmas tree, which, because we misjudged the height in moonlight, was always too tall.

Let's see if I can build a warm fire in the LN fireplace.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
*EB gets into accompanying Whaaa on the piano on Little Wing by the god Hendrix.....EB and Whaaa sing it as a duet)

EB: Well she's walking through the clouds
Whaaa: With a loaded .38 and a Coke and a smile
EB: Butterflies and zebras
W: She sees due to the peote and tequila
EB: Thats all she ever thinks about
W: Riding on the wind

EB: When Im sad, she comes to me
W: With a thousand Xanax and cough syrup

EB: Fly on little wing,
W: Yeah yeah, eff off little wing

Thank you whaaa for the tremendous help on that one. What's your poison tonight Whaaa? I have decided to start cyber-drinking again. BARKEEP....I'll have a Robomeister!

Bartender (what's his name....Jesus) Jesus: What's a Robomeister?

EB: Come on. That's easy. Yagermeister and Robistussin. Make sure the Robitussin has DXM in it!! Make it a triple!

CHEERS!!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thanks E_B I'm sure our lord and savior Jimi, is mighty proud of us. As well he should be; creativity is nothing to be sneezed at. Kerchoo lol, just bein silly now. I can't even be cyber drinkin, I'm pretty sure that my probation officer has cameras all around this place. Jen he showed me a tape of you and some yahoo back in the storeroom. Whoa, nice shape you be sportin there.

Jeeves, can I rent some Dr. Pepper. And If anyone has any 714s left, I'd like one of those too please.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
714s...nudge nudge, wink, wink...say no more then ey squire?

714s? Any good? I never tried one of those....

Barkeep.....I'd like a Roman coffee with whipped cream on top and chocolate sauce and instead of jimmies, sprinkle it with 512s...

yum yum said the bum to his chum in the slum with his mum

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
they should have a chat applet for basic chit chat too

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
they should have a chat applet for basic chit chat too

I think they had one but it became all shrivled from lack of use. It got very depressed one day, peeled off all its skin and took the long swim and hasn't been seen or heard from sense. If memory serves, that was back in the Summer of 88. Every once in awhile some of the old timers talk about Applet, but those memories are very painful, even this late in the game.

E_B, yeah you might say 714s were pretty good. One time in Utah my GF at the time tied me to the bed with my shoe strings; rode me hard and put me up wet. That's cowboy language for a type of rodeo event that usually takes place in Small Mormon communities is the southern part of the state or on the rare occasion in Texas out by Lubbock and Plainview. I once heard a rumor that the practice used to be prevelant in Midland/Odessa but I have no first hand knowledge. A lot of the cowboys used to mock us Goat ropers, but we didn't pay an attention.

Back in the day; split a 714 with female companion, a little white wine and you were pretty much assured to wake up the next morning with a big smile spread form ear to ear. That's the way it used to be, now I feel like poor Applet.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Jen, so nice of you to join us again.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join