It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Whaaa,

What a great title for a song!! Sometimes you got to go with what people say and if i were you i'd put this one into words and you might have a huge hit!!!
Of course, i have respect for you and dont think you'd miss your ship for one minute, but who knows, those great last words by your ex could make you a millionaire!!!
Then she'll be sorry.

So how are you? Get all your shopping done?

How is everyone?

TAP* TAP* Is anyone here???

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yes, I'm here Dg

Speacking of Christmas shopping, I just got done with some shopping! I'm please to tell ya'll that I haven't used one credit card for any of my holiday shopping. I'm still debt free...it's killing me, these no balance cards are burning a hole in my pocket, sooooo I think I'll whip out my card and buy a few round for everyone. Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks, dg, for the reminder about Christmas shopping. Let's see, these monogrammed napkins would be perfect for my friend, same initials, "LN". And the wine goblets would be great for my sister. Some red cellophane and a velvet bow on this nice bowl of peanuts would make a nice gift for my best friend.

Jen, if that is your picture at work, then unfortunately I think you need to start looking for another job immediately. That picture is probably on every student's cell phone. You'll sure get a lot of dads wanting to discuss his student's progress with you. Oh, and thanks for the round.

You know, Whaaa, I think people really are at the harbor all along, but some are waiting for a bus instead of a ship. No bus gonna come rollin' along on them waters! Get on da ship!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Now how did that double post????...I must have a trigger mouse finger...yes, a trigger finger...yes...no!...oh, I don't know!

[edit on 17-12-2007 by desert]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Warmest wishes for the Holiday Season and warmest fires in the fireplace for warming boots and toes, all found here at Lounge Noir for everyone.

Dg, you bad, bad girl! My online shopping was successful again this year. Took my younger son shopping a few days ago, as he is home from college. Other son will get needed items later for his new apartment in Tacoma. Dg, may you get only the best this year, as you have indeed given your best here.

Jen, congratulations on being credit card debt free!! You will have restful sleep in the New Year because of this.

For E_B, I wish the fleetest of feet for you. And may your cup runneth over with MtDew!

And, Whaaa, dear Whaaa, may you get everything you want this season and in 2008. Your music, words...oh, heck, all your talents, shine brightly, guiding us to beauty and goodness.

To all visitors who have gone unmentioned, and Titan who is in the storeroom, and debonaire MrP who drops by every now and then with his humor, Life's blessings.

Now, camel, take me to the middle of the Mojave desert to enjoy the stars and peace and quiet for awhile. And, if I get a computer connection, I'll drop by here for a hot coffee with peppermint schnapps.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This place is getting to be like a morgue....

Hello all. I have presents as well:

For whaaa....I have a lifetime supply of Swanson Turkey Pot Pies

Damn...where are the rest of them? I will have to come back when I find the other gifts......sorry!

Desert....I haven't had a Mountain Dew since February 1st!! Thanks for the kind words about my running. Here's a little something I have in mind for next year: www.badwater.com...

My wife says she WILL NOT allow me to take part.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
And here I was, all depressed cause I, didnt think anyone cared.

Desert..."beauty and goodness" well babe, I'm a tryin.

E_B, you alone have made my xmas the celebration of peace, fellowship and good will to men, what it was ment to be. Nothing really says Christmas like a Turkey pop pie.

And for you sir...a little song I composed especially for you.

gather round you hearty men
and pull your pants up high
we like to flex our muscles
and pretend we never cry

chorus

Oh low de doo de doo da
scratch that itchy place
Oh low de doo de doo da
scratch that itchy place

May I have some soup sir
please take out the crunchy bits
send round the serving wench
so I can squeeze her .....

Oh low de doo de doo da
scratch that itchy place
oh low de doo de doo da
say vespers and say grace

As the clock strikes 2 oclock
and the boys all gather round
they like to smoke cigarettes
and show what they had found

Now clyde had bits of glass
charlie showed us his feather
tommy had a bottle of beer
And Bob a scrap of leather

Now take that sh** and throw it away
cause it's real stupid to keep it
What we need round this place
is some tweezers, candles and food

This little Xmas ditty will probably be the new "Silent Night" huh?

[edit on 23-12-2007 by whaaa]

[edit on 23-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow whaaa....that song brought a tear to me one brown butt hole....

Butt seriously, I love Christmas songs. Here's one of my favorites:

I saw Uncle Donald
Pissing in the hedges
He pissed off Aunt Helen
When he goosed her
In front of Father Lewellen

Happy Holidays and all that crap
I hope my sister gets the clap

I saw cousin Timmy
Smokin's cheeba in the basement
He pissed off my sister
'Cause she was freebasin'
And she's bipolar

I saw my mother
Doin' shots alone in the kitchen
Smokin' Marlboros
Cutting cheeses and pepperoni
Who's Edgar Rice Burroughs?

I saw my father's ghost
When we all said grace
One turkey pot pie each
Was our feast
Aunt Helen's fanny is a peach

Egg nog for everyone!!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yes, E_B, Christmas is a jolly, majical time when we can gather our loved one close around us and sing these old familiar songs.

Except for old uncle Ray who spends most of his time sitting in the car, doing God only knows what. And when he does come in the house, he acts mean.

And Ray's son; 45 minutes in the bathroom seems a bit long for most excretetory [is that a word] functions. Thirty four years old and they still call him baby.

And my step dad that has to tell us about the time he wrestled a bear in the parking lot of a Safeway back in 1964. God, I never get tired of that story.

And it's so great to see my exwife too!!

Wouldn't it be great if Christmas could last all year long!!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ahhhh yes, Safeway. Special things always happen at the Safeway...

Oh damn....the meth lab across the street just blew up. I'll be back!

edit to update: Well...the house across the street burned down to the ground and husband and wife? got arrested. They have two kids....where are they going to spend Christmas? Your house burns down and you get arrested....all on Christmas Day. You can't make that stuff up, unless you did. Those kids are probably addicted to meth due to the fumes they've been smoking. They will be a handful when they come down!

Who cooks meth on Christmas anyway? People nowadays just have their priorities messed up!!

This reminds me of another classic Christmas song:

Grandpa bought some rubbers
I guess Grandma is lucky
That he still gets a chubby
By they don't need condoms
They just like them because
Grandpa can last longer
To make up for his shortcomings

It was Christmas Eve of course and
Grandpa had thoughts of intercourse

Once I walked in on my grands
Going at it like orangutans
Skin was flappin' and slappin'
I threw up in my mouth
Not once but twice
I rinsed with egg nog
They sure live high on the hog

I forget the rest....whaaa you remember the rest of the words? We sang it at the Christmas Gala when I was in 2nd grade.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Desert has tears in her eyes. Desert hopes those songs won't ever be put on a Christmas classic album. Even Desert's camel is bellowing, with tears in his eyes!

E_B, congratulations on kicking MtDew! Hey, the Badwater Ultramarathon would be great! Not only do I take my hat off to you for wanting to do it, I'll take my t-shirt off, too, and everything else!
I'm sure your wife has your best health interests in mind (like, you'll drop dead!), but, wow, what an experience.
People do strange things in the desert. I remember coming across some cyclists along the Panamint valley road. Turns out they were participants in some ultracycling race, 500 miles in the desert!

Speaking of strange things in the desert, I spent Christmas Eve with Yukon Jack by a campfire. He and I got along way too well, as MrD says I kept licking the North Pole to see if my tongue would stick. My silly husband; there's no North Pole out here.

Guess I'll decline that Peppermint Schnapps here. Let's see, just some strong coffee.

Whaaa, I think Corrales is a little colder than where I'm at at the moment. How are you keeping warm?

See you all at LN for New Years Eve?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I spent Christmas Eve with Yukon Jack by a campfire. He and I got along way too well

I never spent any time with Yukon Jack by a campfire. However, I did, at times, spend time with the stuff. Amazing ability to warm one up (right from the first sip....either shots or on the rocks). A fellow dart player many years back (when I was drinking) turned me on to the stuff....evil and wicked that stuff is!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I never much developed a taste for the "hard stuff" as my finances usually regulated me to the cheap beer and wine isle. I did like Sr. Cuervo on the rare occasion and it invariably led me to a stay in the tank. Strong drink did not agree with my constitution as it released my reptilian brain and I acted out in a very bizarre manner that was hard for most people to understand.

Currently I'm on a cranberry and soda kick to help repair the kidney damage I did last summer. Not to mention the domestic chaos.

Happy New Year amigos y amigas!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I did like Sr. Cuervo on the rare occasion

Well hello my fine friends! I'll buy a round of whaaa's old friend... Hose Cuervo for everyone

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I did like Sr. Cuervo on the rare occasion

Well hello my fine friends! I'll buy a round of whaaa's old friend... Hose Cuervo for everyone

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Good morning all!
Oh, I see a shot on the bar for me. Thanks, Jen!

Well, Whaaa, the cranberry sounds like a good idea. Skip the soda (taper off), though, and only drink 100% cranberry--no sugar/corn syrup or OTHER juices (such as grape or apple--usually those that are added are what's left over after everything nutritious has been stripped from the grapes or apples). Mix your own cranberry juice combinations (blueberry?) to add sweetness.

Jeeves, bring a large pot of organic green tea to share.

After those storms coming through California, today is beautiful. MrD and I will probably put in an 80 mile rt atv ride today. Between our old mini dune buggy and the 2-up, we've ridden enough miles to cross the country and back (almost 8,000 miles). We're sad the Dakar Rally will not happen this year, as we fancy ourselves in it.

Oh, Whaaa, on behalf of the Lounge Noir Rose Parade Committee, please accept this trophy for the Best Depiction of Life in New Mexico. I think the alternate title for the trophy is Say It With Flour Tortillas.

Speaking of tortillas, those New Mexican Enchiladas on the menu look good. Hmmmm... yes...Jeeves, I'll have an order of those, thank you.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is starting to really make me mad. I did not know this until I found out this morning. Sometime yesterday morning, we had an eastbound molten sulphur train come through here yesterday with CN power on it! This makes the fourth time or fifth time that I have missed power like that coming through here on something. This makes the twice in one month or so. The last time we had something like that come through here was BNSF power on a westbound grain train. It somehow doesn't surprise me that the power is either pulled off the train or put on another one going a different direction.

I would say over the past year or so. I have missed about ten to fifteen sets of foreign power coming through my area. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get lucky within the next week or so with some more that may come through my area. I just have to be patient for something like that to happen if it would happen.

Then again, it is CSX Transportation that I am more the less bickering about anyway. A merger may just be coming between C.S.X. and B.N.S.F.? I guess we will just have to patiently wait and see..

[edit on 12-1-2008 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Weeelllllllll...molten sulphur...that certainly seems to explain a certain smell in Lounge Noir.
After a few rounds at the LN bar, we'll be seeing the old TFM power coming through.

Hope everyone is having a super Saturday!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Is it Saturday already? What happened to Thursday and Friday?

Iv'e gotta go down to the 7/11 for some ointment, I'll be right back.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You need some ointment whaaa? I sure hope that sulphur in the air around this place didn't cause that! I think it'll be funny when gimmefootball goes looking for that sulphur train post in the place where he thought he put it, and won't be able to find it at all
He'll think a Mod pulled a fast one on him! We better give him a shot of something quick...as to help improve his memory.

It's sure been slow around this place, maybe a train coming through will wake us all up

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join