It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Of course, Fritz, you may join us. Did we come apart?
Good, Duzey, I was worried that you might not be able to relax here. Cell phones can be a giant interruption in one's life.
I think I'll look around to see if anyone is dancing.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ah fritz, a tall glass of frozen vodka, shot of seltzer, and a lime wedge....hmmm.....perfect at the end of a long, hot, summer day.

We keep some vodka in the freezer here, for those who like it really cold.

I'll have the kitchen bring out some cheeses. Any preferences? I lean toward the basics.....sharp cheddars, havarti, mmm..smoked gouda.

The chips and peanuts are fine, but after all, this isn't a sporting event. Its a soiree.

I know, the decorating isn't quite complete. I just don't want it too baroque. I'd like it more 'homespun' if that makes any sense.

I feel like coining a phrase....."lounge noir".

You over there with the cigar....I'm sorry, you'll have to take that outside. Thanks.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

You over there with the cigar....I'm sorry, you'll have to take that outside. Thanks.

Awww come on, this is expensive Cigar, you should be savouring the fragrance!

Also, my associate and friend Captain Morgan insisted Rum was added to the fridge, and lots of it. There'll be no need for salad at such a do, so the salad compartment of the fridge has been replaced with a large watermelon infused with brandy. Bon appetite!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We'll compromise....you stock some good port in the bar....I'll tolerate the fragrance.

Deal?

Summer sausage....forgot to put sausage out. Sorry.

Anybody have a preference for background music? I'm gonna' put some Tony Bennett on for a bit.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ah, good choice. Should discourage any fast movements or rowdiness.

On the subject of music, any objections to completely outlawing the song "Show me the Way to Amarillo"? Things will go much more swimmingly when people know they won't be unpleasently surprised by a playing of the abomination that is that song.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Did I hear Cheeze!! I also tend to the sharper varities. Even though Im not much of a wine drinker, it seems that a nice mirlou would go good with a nice wedge of chedder.

Remind me to tell all you fine people about my experience with the Zulu.........

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hello all!

I smelled summer sausages all the way from the (now empty) TKA thread. Fritz and Duzey were kind enough to leave me a little note on the fridge door saying they would be here.

I hope you don't mind an extra guest. I bring provisions:

Port Salut cheese, some lovely Brie and Machengo; two bottle of Jerez' finest Sandeman, scrabble, twister, a set of speakers (for IPODs) and a lemon peel and lighter.

A bar in London does the most fab vodka martinis by setting a small twist of lemon rind on fire so just the taste of the lemon falls into the vodka.

Perfecto!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi Nik!

Cheese and summer sausage, mmmmmmmmm..... I'm going to get really fat hanging out here. :shk:

It's a little early for me to start drinking, but what the heck. I'm going to try one of those martinis with lemon. They sound good.

So whaaa, what's this about the zulu?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
EEeek!! Everybody run for cover!!

The Threadkillers have taken over this thread!!

btw - where's Zaphod58 been?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder Duzey, you also look especially fetching tonight.

Actually the Zulus I was referring to were an auxiliary to the Wild Chapatulas of New Orleans Mardi Gras fame. During the float building phase, the favorite activity during breaks was to drink cough syrup washed down with Aqua Velva shaving lotion and dance the tarantula to the accompaniment of bongo drums and the oboe. Those were some wild times before Katrina. But with the spirit of the Great Spirit, they will return.

Threadkillers? Where?

[edit on 15-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
We promise to try really hard not to kill this thread.

Zaph is currently undergoing job training and is living out of a hotel. He is devoting every spare minute of his time to his training, so that he can be qualified for the job and be accepted. I miss my buddy and our strange u2u conversations.

I really, really, really hope this works out for him. He could use a bit of good luck. Go Zaph!!!!

So, whatcha drinking???

Added this: I've always wanted to go to Mardi Gras. Those crazy Zulu. :shk:

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Duzey]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
EEeek!! Everybody run for cover!!

The Threadkillers have taken over this thread!!

Easy now big feller....I invited them. They even brought food and spirits. Gotta' love it.

Just plop your butt down in a chair, have a drink, some snacks, and take a load off.

This place is nice. I once drove my wife through a 'depressed' section of town and showed her some of the bars and lounges I hung around in before meeting her. She started crying. God love her.

Is there any gouda left?......pass it over here.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hey guys and of course a very big Vodkery grin to all my fav gurls, the reason there are so many TKAers on this site is because, like the French Foreign Legion, we are here to forget.

So
up my friends, for tomorrow I've got too many threads to kill!

I only recently started putting my vodka in the freezer - a contradiction in terms - if ever I've heard one - Vodka don't freeze like Charlie don't surf......... and whoa! It turns thicker, almost like Glycerine - nice and syrupy!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I haven't drank Vodka for a while, Smirnoff put me off it. There are nice vodkas, but Smirnoff might as well name itself "Coal Juice", because thats what comes to mind when indulging in it :shk:

A nice cold Rum and fruit juice, or a very cold Newcastle Brown. Now them's drinks!

But alas, such luxuries are not at hand.......cheap beer again? Aww

:w:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Do I detect a note of unhappiness with the beer cooler? By all means make a suggestion and with a snap of my fingers it will be so.

I don't think I could pollute rum with anything other than Coke. Cuba Libre!!!

But.....the customer is always right....Let me go search the cellar for something from Belgium...they do brew some good beer...

I remember getting my first mug of beer in Munich at Oktoberfest. It was the HofBrau Haus bier hall....Oh my lord that was good!

I'm getting thirsty again....

[edit on 15-5-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
All this talk about beer has given me a cunning plan!

ATS Beer!

A level head, not too fruity, some bitter elements, with an aroma of elderflowers and a slight hint of conspiracy. Best served chilled and void of ignorance or dust.

Bingo! I don't want no royalties for the massive sales of ATS Beer, a free crate on launch day will suffice

And with that thought, this beer suddenly tastes much better. Hold the rum!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Oh, no, MrPenny, the barbecue flamed up when I went to grill some Halloumi cheese--don't worry, your patio roof is staying up with three posts, very sound construction. I looked for something to douse the flames, but all I could find was vodka.

Cuba libre! :w:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
I haven't drank Vodka for a while, Smirnoff put me off it. There are nice vodkas, but Smirnoff might as well name itself "Coal Juice", because thats what comes to mind when indulging in it :shk:

A nice cold Rum and fruit juice, or a very cold Newcastle Brown. Now them's drinks!

But alas, such luxuries are not at hand.......cheap beer again? Aww

Smirnoff? :shk: You've actually drank Smirnoff?
You mean the stuff that's made in Reading at the John Courage Brewery? Yuk! The closest that vodka's been to the former Warsaw Pact, is Reading Station or the M4!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Vodka is a wonderful thing.

I think I will have a Vodka Slime in honour of, well, nothing really.

Do you have any of those sparkly pink umbrellas left, Fritz?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I like the "Welcome Threadkillers" banner, what a fun group! Hey, Nikelbee already put up a pix of us playing twister!

Link

mod edit:

Please use this in the post creation window in future to cut down the length of your link, as long url's can alter the width of the page.
Or alternatively you can use: [url=www.urlhere.com]link name here[/url]
A good walkthrough to explain in more detail is ATTN :Image Size Guidelines

[edit on 16-5-2006 by UK Wizard]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join