It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Pete Seeger, what an icon. I really never cared much for folk music except for Dylan. Actually Dylan wasn't a folk singer; even though that's what he called himself. He was a God. His impact on contemporary American culture will be felt as long as America has a soul which may not be much longer if the current trends continue. But that's another can of worms and should not be explored here in "LN".

But "Passion", that's a can of worms that is opened and explored at every available moment in places such as this. My current musical passion is exploring and learning to play on the 6 string, Gypsy Jazz ala Django. How I have ignored this wonderful genre is a mystery to me. Complicated but with soul and not all that tightass intellectualism of stright up jazz.

I think I'll have a Mimosa too; kind of a girly drink, so I better drink it left handed.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Whoa, after a couple Mimosas and all this talk of Passion I asked Al, the bartender, for something made with Passionfruit, went out to the pool, floated around in the floatie with a pillow and drink holder, lost track of time asleep, just woke up to the sounds of Gypsy Jazz. Quite beautiful, Whaaa.

Too hot to take the camel for a walk, so she's lying by the fountain amidst the palm trees, sort of a faux oasis. Here, Chewbaca, a little friend to play with

Almost time for me to return to work. If I wasn't passionate about it, Life would be a drag. Years ago I read about a study that reported women, unlike men, ignore hierarchical authority. I put up with all above me and concentrate on all below me. You know, if Jesus were here today, I think he'ld say something like this--Forgive them, for they know not WTF they do. I sure hope people forgive me.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertI sure hope people forgive me.

I hope people forgive me too, desert. I wasn't always the laid back gentleman I am now. In fact my terrible arrogance and know it all attitude made me a very lonely and extremely unhappy ole cowboy. I never got the instruction manual for life so I guess it's not to unusual that I distorted most of it with chemicals and the worst one for me was c2h5oh. On the positive side, when Ive made amends to some of the people that I really needed too; They didn't remember much as they were pretty much hammered all the time like I was. Still, I remember. But now My soul can soar with the eagles, maybe Crows.

Soaring with the Crows is about as high as I should get now.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What a beautiful evening buffet! And, look, we can even stand in line naked! Pour the egg flower soup carefully, everyone!

Whaaa, using c2h5oh for what the bar serves reminds me that even this tasty foie gras is made up of chemicals. In fact, to the outside of us, food can be sensuous, but inside it's chemicals. And there are good chemicals and bad chenicals, and sometimes an individual's body chooses which is which. Ooooeee, don't experiment with escolar fish unless you're willing to be unpleasantly surprised, for example.

OK, so alcohol is a chemical, and scientific findings have shown that some people (alcoholics) lack a chemical in their brain that acts as a stop sign. Now, I have proven that I can abuse alcohol (no tequila, por favor!!), but even my brain says, "OK, enough, quit drinking, don't need any more." An alcoholic's brain literally doesn't know when to quit! And, what's more, even bad experiences (i.e. hangovers, blackouts, ruined relationships, etc) don't stop the drinking.

Because of the way c2h5oh is handled in the brain of an alcoholic, that's why an alcoholic can't touch alcohol. It's not personal failings or outside influence.

Of course, there's a little more to the story (addictive personality, etc.) but my point is that you don't know you are an alcoholic until you start drinking and can't stop.

And stopping and keeping dry can be very hard, hence support groups. Some people get help with AA, others find religion keeps them in line.

Whaaa, sounds like you've been writing your Manual for Life. You know, funny thing about forgiveness, it doesn't matter if the other person accepts it or not (that's up to them how they deal with it); forgiveness is good for the forgiver.

I don't think crow fits. Try Raven. I love Ravens (ok so they eat baby desert tortoises, but that's another story) They're a beautiful bird; have you ever heard the wings of one flying by?

Hey, what's on her plate? I must have missed that at the buffet table! Excuse me, I just have to find it.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I sure do miss the old regulars; don't you desert? They must all have these interesting lives while we just lounge around in here looking for something noir to do besides stareing at our refelections in the mirrior behind the bar. Desert, my you have a nice refelection.

Lately my refelections harkens back to my misspent youth. Fast cars, Fender guitars and all the chicken you could eat.

Actually I'm fairly comfortable now that I have my midlife crisis is nearly under control. It's taken 6 years and 3 months, but if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well, I always say.

Did somebody say "chicken"? Yes Please! BBQ if you got some. And a shot of c2h5oh of the rum flavor por favor. With a Tecate on the side. Gracias!!

I'm gonna go out on the patio, the AC is beginning to smell funky again!

[edit on 3-8-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The maintenance man (Mechanic 32), accidentally stepped into a huge pile of doo and got banned. I suppose the place will fall apart now.

How are y'all? God 'a mighty its hot!!!!

I've decided my contributions here will consist of witty one-liners and sarcastic jibes. If 75% of interpersonal communications is the visual element, the "paralanguage" consisting of expression, posture, voice tone, etc.....and what we know of each other is 100% based on the words we type....the math isn't right.

I'm simply not capable of serious discussion in this format. Primarily because of the lack of visual cues. But what really bothers me is the complete lack of conclusion. What's the point of the passionate effort without the satisfaction of a solution? A lot of great prose and argument is offered on this site that frankly looks like a huge waste of time.

Of course, there is also the incredible amount of simply moronic stuff discussed in the interests of having an "open mind". Give me a break, at some point every human places some limits on what is possible; otherwise it is impossible to form any kind of "world view".

Enough of that nonsense, back to the serious stuff.....I'm gonna' fill the pool with a dry vodka martini....the deeper you go, the higher you get....join me on the veranda...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, hello, boys! Mind if a lady sits between you? Who can give me a light? I need to read the menu.
MrP, ever dashing, such bar banter. Good thing I stopped by the warehouse grocer; I happen to have a case of martini olives with me. I'll go toss them into the pool.
Yep, yep, Whaaa, the mirror behind the bar, staring at the customers, reflecting.
That smell! Any chance someone in the neighborhood lost a cow to this heat?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I just rode my horse in from vegas . . . .

Say, what happened to mechanic 32, anyway? If we're not supposed to talk about it, somebody u2u me with the thread that dissapeared him.

Oh, by the way whaa, Greedo was out by the pool; he says Jabba wants to talk to you.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thanks good dr..for the warning. Ive owed Jabba $80 since last September. Please excuse me, Ill just slip out thru the kitchen. If you see the ole Jab tell him I'll have the cash next weed, I mean weak. I mean Week. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hey, there's a horse at the hitchin' post in front, money flying out of the saddlebags, and now the Lounge Lizards are playing Viva Las Vegas.
Why was Whaaa running through the kitchen?
I see on the banner that Tuesday evening is Italian Night. The Lounge Lizards will be playing on a gondola in the pool! All Italian buffet, too!
But Mechanic won't ever be back?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Mechanic's been re-instated. At the risk of incurring some wrath....admins may have jumped the gun when applying the ban hammer in his case. He's here somewhere. I need him to repair the pool pump....seems olive pits are kind of rough on it.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ooh...ow...brain freeze...worth it, though, to have that self-serve frozen margarita machine on the veranda.

Good news about Mechanic!

Sigh..MrP, could you please speak to the gardener? The Japanese maples he planted by the pool have not turned color. They're still green, and now one has disappeared!

Speaking of garden, we should start planning for the Beer Garden for Oktoberfest. I assume the gentlemen will wear lederhosen?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Not to mess up the convo or something, but I always though Mech was a girl. I think I remember him/her saying something about it once? Am I crazy?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Indeed, Rattus Norvegicus, you have to be crazy to enjoy Lounge Noir.

Hmmmm, since you posed that question about Mechanic, the wagering crowd at the table in the corner is taking bets.

By the way, Norway Night will be next week. I think I saw your name on the poster as part of the entertainment. Singing was it?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Nah, bellydancing.
Or perhaps you want something more traditional? I can belch the alphabet too.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Belching the alphabet may be too high-falutin' for this crowd. Can you light farts while bellydancing?

Lederhosen during Oktoberfest? Hell, I'm wearing a bib.

Please keep the camel away from the flora in the garden. I have a good suspicion where the Japanese Maple wound up. As camel doots. Doot! Doot!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Jeeza Louisa, MrP, lighting farts for fun is mysterious enough for the female mind to comprehend, but lighting farts while bellydancing is...well...just plain gross to me...but you've made my husband laugh so hard that tears are streaming down his face.

Hey, Rattus Norvegicus, I know how you can tell if Mechanic's a him or her...u2u him/her about lighting farts while bellydancing, and if you get a reply that starts, "Rattus Norvegicus, I'm laughing so hard right now! "
I think you'll have the answer.

Sorry 'bout the camel. I cleaned up the doot on the veranda. Big as the wicker chair cushion...hey...oops, sorry 'bout the chair cushion.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Litin Farts in lincoln county was taken very seriously. Charts were kept as to time of day, beers and brand of beers consumed, diet, who was the perpatrator and who was the lighter or if it was self ignited, clothes worn or ala carte, witnesses, brightness, length of flame, and last but not least, pungency. Prizes were usually awarded on the 2nd saturday of the month. Prizes ranged anywhere form spare tires to cash.

Oh.. the mind reels at the thought of a belly dancer participating. This usually wasn't an intramural interprise and the "ladies" that participated in this activity with us were let us say "hard core" Lincoln county cowgirls. Every so often a tourist lady might indulge, but this was extremely rare. They were usually Texans and didn't want to set their hair on fire. Can't say as I blame em much.

uh oh, I smell a jabba..... see ya manana.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The really good fart-lightin' belly-dancers, can produce images in the air, much like a hologram or fancy laser light show.

DON'T...go to bed with that mental image.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
MrP, you are soooooo funny!!!!
Jeeves, another round for everyone.
Another good thing about Lounge Noir...you don't need to buy any fuel to get to it!
Ahhh, good music for dancing this evening.

Oh, spread the word, limbo out by the pool tomorrow at noon.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join