It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Happy 4th of July (a wee bit late) to my American friends. I'm up here in Canada, the frozen north (just kidding). In the summer it can get pretty hot here.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Thekherham]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Good morning! Thekherham, please join us for the breakfast buffet. Let's see...I'm going to have whole grain waffles with the Black Strap Rum for syrup. Ack, radiator leaks are not fun, Whaaa. Stop at the next auto parts store for a bottle of radiator leak stopper. Should be able to plug a tiny leak.
Thekherham, my Canadian friends love curling. Do you play this sport? The Lounge Noir curling rink is one of the best.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Desert, thanks for the timely advice. Three doses of the shiny copper colored material did the trick on old "Lupe" the van. Next stop a radiator shop for a solder job. Made it back from the "business" trip in a timely manner just in time to buy thekherham the favorite alcoholic beverage of her/his/its choice. Nice to see a new face here at "lounge Noir" not that the regulars aren't as entertaining and stimulating as a massage by a gibbon, but still new faces are alway a welcome sight.
I saw MrP up the street as I was parking "lupe" and he seemed lost in thought. I yelled "hey MrP, sup" but no response. Maybe he doesn't respond to contemporary slang greetings. I usually try to avoid them too but something came over me and it just came out of my mouth with no thought at all. Something I noticed up in Telluride on the 4th; boy there sure were a lot of flags and bunting all over the place. Must have been some kind of celebration. Am I rambling?

sorry..........

[edit on 5-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yo!!! s'up ya'll??

'Bout threw a finger out of joint with all that punctuation. Oughta' ice it down with something frosty.....hmmm, margarita!!

The 4th of July.....what a great holiday!! I only got two second degree burns this time and didn't start any underbrush ablaze.

I'm gonna' put a smoker in the kitchen. We need a constant supply of ribs, chickens, and pulled pork around here.

Sorry about not being around much. Got busy in both work and school. And I must admit to being preoccupied with an online game....so sue me.

I promise, tonight.....a new blog entry for Lounge Noir.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Today I must visit Lounge Noir, since it was a very hard day of war today
. I now make it a habit to visit Lounge Noir after war. Good to relax. Lounge Noir even has a mini hospital to pull bullets out of my body when I get shot
. Great place. Today, I shall have some chicken and rice Piroshki, an orange juice, and some chocolate candy for desert.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
No, no candles just yet!! Between checking the sump pump and eating JG's tasty chili, we might have a methane buildup!
Good morning, good to see the gang all here! Good to see RussianSoldier has returned, my that young man certainly has a fine appetite for fine foods.
to Lounge Noir's resident bloggers MrP & JG.
to geekiness. I am such a miserable little geek compared to others.
Mr Desert is the geek in this couple. You know how you put a book or recording under your pillow to learn, well I've tried sleeping on top of him to absorb knowledge, but it doesn't work.

MrP, please, I must make a PSA now. You will understand:
To all drivers merging onto highways--43 ft of moving steel cannot dart into the next lane like a Honda Civic to let you merge!! To avoid dislocating your middle finger from extending it so often, learn to merge safely and properly onto highways.

Can't get any Mexican food where we're staying, so, Whaaa, please pass the plate of New Mexican enchiladas. Thanks.

Yep! I sure do have an appetite! We soldiers sit on the battlefield eating insects and plants all day, dreaming about Shashliki and lobster! One of the Generals secretly lets me visit Lounge Noir, telling the others that I have to pick up some stuff in the city for the army, lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Whaaa, you spoiled the surprise, you found the gibbons in the closet! They were going to give the massages at the opening Saturday of the Lounge Noir Massage Salon. Now when Russian Soldier comes off the field of battle for dinner, he can also relax with a massage. They can pick any leftover battlefield bugs off of him, too.
Excellent, MrP, a smoker.
The holiday crowds have left, so I'm staring out the window at the lovely scenery again, heretofore blocked by fellow revelers. Today I drug MrDesert through quaint gift shops in an Old Towne. I like to buy books of local history, and this year's purchase has not been disappointing.
Anyone on the patio to catch the last of Happy Hour and to await the sunset?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I think I saw a McDonalds up the road. I'm going to set fire to it. This is no place for McDonalds.

I want Rum, not a Happy Meal!

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
And It's Rum you shall have, Sir!
Triplets! Rum for my friend and don't spare the horses!

Rum and Arson go together like, well............... rum and arson.

Bob, I understand your disdain for the corporate whores, but before you torch the bastards; could you get me an order of 9 mcnuggets? Gracias.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Now, Chebob, if you burn down the McD's, where will everyone go to eat their three meals a day? They'ld only rebuild anyway, and probably GIVE AWAY Happy Meals at their re-grand opening. Besides, you want some big footed, red headed clown wanting to come HERE because his place is gone? :w: I say we make some rum shakes with a side of pulled pork for lunch. Now that's what I call a Happiest Meal!

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Jeeves, Jives, Jeeves? You hear that? "Happiest Meals" all round!

Having been reminded of the possibility of Ronald "Satan" McDonald frequenting the lounge, I've decided against my plan of arson. Instead, I took the camel and left a few "presents" on the doorstep. That should suffice in showing adequate digust.

Whaa, your McNuggets are here, but the spotted rascals behind the counter insisted on some kind of "special sauce". Perosnally, I'd have to be paid, handsomely, to let them near my lips :shk: But J, J and J will be happy to replace them with "Pate a la Pepite avec Rum", which I hear is quite the treat.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Bacardi!

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Bob, thanks ever so much for bringing the 9pack. But most of all thanks for the warning about the 'Spotted rascals" and the "special sauce". The salty taste of that "special sauce" somehow seems to offend my palet. It must be an acquired taste. However the gibbons seem to relish almost anything from Mike the Ds' except for the coffee, I just gave them the mystery chicken. I hear that down in Oklahoma City they have a place called the In and Out Burger. Curious marketing, that.

Oh my, would you look at the time, I've got to be down at "Casa Veija" in a few minutes. Sideman for the "Catfish" don't you know! Rawk n rooool..........

[edit on 7-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Why, Chebob, you didn't tell us that you are a diplomat. At this very moment, Condaleeza Rice is leaving a gigantic, flaming bag of doo on Kim Jong-il's doorstep, as a signal of U.S. disapproval of the missile launches.
Whaaa, the burger place you mentioned made bumper stickers a few years ago. I haven't seen them around in recent years, maybe because certain patrons began rubbing out/covering over the letters "B" and "r", resulting in adolescent humor.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Good morning! Thekherham, please join us for the breakfast buffet. Let's see...I'm going to have whole grain waffles with the Black Strap Rum for syrup. Ack, radiator leaks are not fun, Whaaa. Stop at the next auto parts store for a bottle of radiator leak stopper. Should be able to plug a tiny leak.
Thekherham, my Canadian friends love curling. Do you play this sport? The Lounge Noir curling rink is one of the best.

Wow, I'm a bit late with this reply, but this forum is so huge I'm like a flea on a St. Bernard (yuck, bad analogy, but that's the only thing I could think of right now).
Curling? No, I don't play it, and I don't even like watching it. In the summer, I'm a Blue Jays fan (go, Jays!!), in the fall and winter, I'm a Bronco fan.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Bluejays and Broncos huh, you know here in the beautiful land of enchantment, we have a little known sport of goat roping. PETA usually shows up but we encourage them to give it a go and usually they become addicted to the sport in short order. The goats really like the feel of fine hemp around their little throats.
Also at the Rodeo the more manly types like to climb aboard a Bronco and try and stay on for 8 seconds. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't and get bucked off. The crowd goes awwwww, has a swallow of beer and gets ready for the wild bull riding. This wild bull riding is serious poop and the riders can be seriously injured if they get punctured by a horn. If this occurs the crowd goes owwww and has another swallow of beer. Life is great here in the "Land of Enchantment!" Mariachi music, green chili enchiladas, roasted pinion nuts and DosXX. ummmmm I really like the sport of greased up Twister here at "lounge Noir" best of all. Anyone for a match???

Coffee.... yes please, black....

Look at me Ma I'm on top of the world!!

[edit on 12-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Heading home now...the parties over, except at Lounge Noir
Good morning, Thekherham and Whaaa! T, you will love to see your sports on the LN gigantic tv. Sorry, but I'm out for the greased up Twister; I'll watch, however.
The cat's staring out the trailer door. He's always a good little traveler. Plus, I don't have to wake up early to walk him, as some of my fellow rv'ers do. OTOH, he doesn't jump for joy when he sees us; it's more like, oh good you're back because I need someone to clean the litter box.
Let's see...I'll have the pickle loaf sandwich...with a side of potato salad...and a Screwdriver.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
By all that's sacred and holy, It's hot!!!
It's so nice here in "lounge noir" with a swamp cooler the size of Connecticut. Im sorry that an exaggeration, RI, OK. Desert, you look all rested up after your trip. What's next.

Yeah, went to see "nine inch nails" with a friend. Sorry folks, if it's not the Blues, it all just sounds like zippity do dahh to me. I think my male menopause flushed out all appreciation of contemporary culture. Except for graphics. How about that new look they be sportin over at ATS. UmmmUmmm taste and class out the gizzich. Except for the Fart button advert.

I can't even watch the news anymore, looks like "Mondo Cane" to me. I'm not really a prayin type but I think I'll give it a try, once again. Last time I tried it, prayin that is; I was in the drunk tank in Lincoln county. Must have worked cause Im here with my friends now.

Triplets!! Setem up all around! Except for the drummer, Oh I'm sorry, percussionist!

[edit on 18-7-2006 by whaaa]

[edit on 18-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yes, LN is the place to be for cool temps and cool ambience. Whaaa, would you be a dear and fetch me a lobster crepe? (OK, gotta remove that whoopie cushion, yes definitely funny but too tasteless and de clase for LN. Now where did I put it?? There it is! Removed it in time...) Thank you, Whaaa.
Made it home safely. The down side of traveling with tv is watching the news. I remain a cynical optimist, knowing that three to four hundred years from now Earth's citizens will look upon current citizens as primitive. There are ways to improve situations which reflect humanity's highest features; unfortunately, many people are still mired in hellish selfishness and greed and fear and act accordingly. There are good people out there; one just needs to find them and be inspired by them. And that is why one must choose to act without selfishness, greed and fear, being an example of humanity at its finest, planting the seed of great things, even though one may not live to see the bloom.
What's next, what's next...before I return to work, a trip to cooler temps in the mountains.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
...yeah Desert, you sure got that right about people being mired in self, greed and fear. I know that the self and fear part applies to me as well. It took awhile to get ahold of the greed deal, but I came to realize that what I really need is more time to enjoy the stuff I already have with the people I love.

What was I talking about? See, my short term memory is gone. Not only that, I'm not alone so it seems. Talking with my friends; most of them seem to be having memory problems also. WTF, is all that partying finally catching up?
My dear old mom dosent even want to get out of bed. I say, "mom, why don't you get up and do something" she looks up at me and says, "what?"

I used to claim that it couldn't get to weired for me. I was wrong!

[edit on 23-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Good morning! Yes, it's still morning, brunch time, as a matter of fact. Hmmm, the Eggs Benedict, please, Jeeves, with a Mimosa. In fact, Mimosas for all! Not many places can one be served a Mimosa made with freshly squeezed Florida oranges.

Originally posted by whaaa
... what I really need is more time to enjoy the stuff I already have with the people I love.

Amen to that, Whaaa!

And, yes, sigh, it's a sad fact, that all the youthfull partying is catching up, mentally and physically. Let's see...where am I going with that...ah, yes, forgetting things...yes...well, stress can affect memory, too. And, heck, the older you get the more you have to remember, too.
Now, when my 98 year old grandmother (since deceased) thought she was at a beachside cottage with her (deceased) husband, instead of in her care facility, the family was distraught. I just thought, heck, what a blessing to think you're at the beach instead of in a building. I just don't want to get depressed and accusing, thinking my children are not visiting me, when they visit everyday. God bless people who work with the elderly.

Now, Whaaa, you're a musician. I saw a tv interview recently with Pete Seeger. Wow, he may not be 100% physically or mentally, but what he has left he uses 100% ! I'll bet music if good for the brain. Passion. Passion for anything creative is good for the brain. Use one's Passion and get a big return.

You know, fire is associated with Passion. Fire in the Soul. Maybe this whole thing with the Holy Spirit descending as tongues of fire is really the Gift of Passion. Be passionate about something with Life. That's what makes one get out of bed each day. I understand your Mother's statement. Sadly, I have seen people lose their Passion. No, it is best to live with Passion and die with Passion.

Whoa, those Mimosas have an awesome effect!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join