It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

ug o...Chiten huh...Kinda what?

www.youtube.com...

Had yall seen this one of Joes and Mine? olaru12 was stamping hands and also DP.
edit on 27-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

WOOOT WOOOT! Itz sangin time!

edit on 27-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Why does the internet keep telling me my opinion matters?

I appreciate the concern - but sometimes the constant, positive reinforcement feels a little insincere...

hey to all - just two more days

for better or worse. Maybe a few more if there is some kind of math related mishap

In any case - it occurs to me that life will carry on no matter who is King (probably/maybe/I hope)

So - a toast! To our future - whatever comes compadres

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I had to know desert

Lovely - melancholic, terrifying...

But, mostly lovely :-)

The Fall of Freddie the Leaf
1 of four - just follow the trail

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Evenin', all. I meant to get back here before Halloween, 'cause I wanted olaru to stamp tattoos all over my body, so I could go as either a circus freak or my neighbor. olaru, that was a great video. I'm curious, do you think that was one of your best ones; I think it is. Any Tamalewood productions you've been in/worked for lately? I recently read, The Worst Hard Time, by Timothy Eagan, and I recalled your work with Black Sunday.

Chiten, you do know that Ray Stevens based his song on something that happened right here at Lounge Noir? To save some money, we tried raising our own meat for the buffet. We used to have a couple of regulars who would disappear into the supply room, ostensibly to check the stock. but I think they did more than that, like move stock around, trying to organize it. Well, it was discovered that the body building supplements for the Lounge Noir gym had been placed next to the chicken feed. Jeeves accidentally supplemented the chickens with the supplements, and, boy, we ended up with the biggest breasts around!

Those birds got so huge, that they were often mistaken for ostriches. And, oooo weee, they were mean. Well, the membership at Lounge Noir suddenly increased dramatically when we started advertising "The biggest breasts can be found here!" Then membership dwindled to a few regulars, once we discovered our mishap with the feed and had to make it right again by advertising truthfully, "Sorry, no more big breasts here."

Spira, spira, spira, once again you manage to show others what great, eclectic music can be found here. I had never heard of Gogol Bordello before, so thanks for sharing. Hey, years ago I went to a Beaujolais and Los Lobos concert. I loved that concet!

I dunno, Spira, I've grown so cynical over the years. I hate it when someone asks a question of someone (usually a politician) on tv, and the person responds with. "That's a good question!" or "I'm glad you asked!", when, really, they never answer the question, or they really would like to say, "What a dumbass question! You got # for brains?"

"Life will carry on"...oh, Spira, there were times I felt like what it must have been to be a non-Jew in Hitler's Germany! What the hell was happening in this country?! Then I remembered that we all play in someone else's karma. ... some consolation to help carry on. Ok, so, as God is my witness, Lounge Noir will carry on, no matter what happens tomorrow.

And I will have music to help me survive.

Ok, a toast, then, to the future!

Re opinions. One of the big ways Japanese automakers made great gains in the USA was because, unlike Detroit, the Japanese asked consumers what they wanted, then built the car, rather than give a car to John Q Public and tell/convince him that that was what he wanted.

And, hey, Spira, thanks to You Tube, Freddie...the Leaf...Lives!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Oh my word...been ages since I peeked my head in Lounge Noir.
Mind if I pull up a chair in a corner somewhere and eavesdrop?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

I feel it too - I'm war weary, leery and passed cynical on the road a while back

Chin up desert - remember, as Mitt likes to say: tomorrow is a new tomorrow

We are the hope of the Earth

:-)

Apparently somebody's writers are a little weary as well - looks like they quit their contender-in-chief and left him to wing it

In the worst case scenario, our silver lining is 4 more years of Bushisms

Onward, ever onward...

and - Beaujolais!

oh - how could I forget? Loved them

reply to post by olaru12

P.S. Olaru - desert made me realize I fogot something - love the vid - I do

nice

edit on 11/6/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

hey Access

step out of the shadows - no need to eavesdrop

belly up to the bar girl

edit on 11/6/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Oh lovely.
I'll drink to that.
How are you Spira?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I'm doing good Access - doing fine :-)

hope you are too

Feeling all sing-songy

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Producer on this one. All credit goes to the cast, crew and Jim.

www.youtube.com...

Hey AD, wanna dance?
edit on 9-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Oh, look at AD and olaru dancing! What a great time of year, to renew old Lounge Noir friendships! Jeeves, spare nothing when members drop by. AD, it sure is good to see you! We all get so busy with work and other things, I'm glad there's a place to reconnect and share. .... oops ... speaking of work and other things ... sorry, I gotta get this message ....

...hoho..hahaha ..... [ lol sure I can play a CIA torturer to your terror suspect. Be right over ] ... haha ... those generals are all the same ... and to think this one started with me just polishing his brass ... desert says, Every time a whip cracks, a general gets another star.

Jeeves, martini to go.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

2nd line?

how's about: :-)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Something's gotta' be done about the riffraff in here.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
MrP!!! Jeeves, quick, where's that piece of neon sign that fell off? Yes, "Mr. Penny's Lounge Noir". And I'll need some glow sticks and clear tape.

Thanks, Jeeves! .....oh, this is going to look good .... oh, MrP, you'll be so surprised! ...just a little more tape ...there! "Mr. Ponny's Lounge Noir"

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

nice work hermano

just caught your latest in another venue - loved it

everything about it - seriously - good job

way to make 12 minutes feel like a feature length film - and I mean that in the good way

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by olaru12

nice work hermano

just caught your latest in another venue - loved it

everything about it - seriously - good job

way to make 12 minutes feel like a feature length film - and I mean that in the good way

Thanks !

This one?
www.youtube.com...

I was just sound/audio but that was a good short by my indy community friends.

I'll post a couple more when they're finished.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
MrP!!! Jeeves, quick, where's that piece of neon sign that fell off? Yes, "Mr. Penny's Lounge Noir". And I'll need some glow sticks and clear tape.

Thanks, Jeeves! .....oh, this is going to look good .... oh, MrP, you'll be so surprised! ...just a little more tape ...there! "Mr. Ponny's Lounge Noir"

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Good to be back. Been needing this place. Jeeves, an Urban Jungle for me, and whatever anyone wants this evening. You bet, on my tab, I'm feeling generous tonight.

Well, desert made a life changing decision. It wasn't easy to accept, but there was a moment of such clarity. Maybe not quite like Saul's clarity when he fell to the ground, but similar such thing, but I wasn't hurt from my fall off the barstool. I decided to retire.

There used to be this ole amigo here, whaaa was his name, and, olaru, you remind me of him ... anyway, this ole cowboy had some hardtimes befall him and had to change his life. But, you know what, he has been my inspiration, because he went on to pursue a dream, and now he's livin' the dream.

I'll spare ya the details now, because I have a feeling I'll be having some spare time in a short while.

MrD and I will be ok financially, but in case we feel restless and also need some extra income, we're starting to think of things to do. MrD came up with an idea for something we could develop and sell. He invented the Death Alert.

Works similar to that other product being advertised. It can be given as a gift, disguised as a piece of jewelry, new wallet, eyeglasses, something the receiver would want to have on their person at all times. So when the time comes, you'll be the first to know.

Our prototype elicited this testimonial: Thanks, Death Alert! Grandma died, and I got there first to get her silver coffee service I always had my eye on!

I'm going to mosey on out of here, but ya'll just keep on partyin'. Enjoy the midnight buffet, too. The Lounge Noir home grown catfish won't be on the menu too much longer, 'cause we gotta get the swimming pool ready for the summer.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

What's in them there Urban Jungles desert? I'm afraid to try mine - it's a little bit neon-y (though mostly just around the edges...)

Nice to see you - been a while :-)

Here's to big decisions - and moments of clarity

When you get some of that free time (which none of the retired folk I've ever known have ever had) would love to hear the whole story - I love that stuff

I'll also raise my glass to our cowboy friends - past and present, transformations, transmutations, and life's little silk purses from big sow's ears - could use some of that myself

Death Alert sounds like a real winner...that Mr. D - always thinking

meantime - gonna pass on the Koi fry...but I'll be back for taco night

hope to see you there

edit on 4/28/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join