It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

...With that realization, I still could laugh loudly, but now my laughter was older, wiser, clear and hearty, as I knew I was really laughing at myself. Over the years I had come to realize that getting what I wanted in Life, at the deepest level of my Heart, did not require active pursuit with schemes and devices but rather the quiet stillness to be able to discern and receive what Life wanted to gift to me.

as usual desert - you move me with your words. Beautiful.

and I should also confess a lifelong fascination with and affection for both the Roadrunner and Mr. Coyote...I've always felt that the two of them had a very unique relationship. Archetypes abound - even in the land of Looney Tunes

so, that brings me to my New Years greeting for this year - I'll leave one here for all my friends at Lounge Noir - both present and unaccounted for

to life...

and our shared sorrows, pleasures and joy
(sometimes, a little schmaltz is the only thing that will do)
Happy New Year to you and yours

with cranes for good luck

Jeeves - could you please whip us up a batch of your remarkable Manischewitz and NyQuil cocktails?

and desert - thank you ever so much for the monogrammed napkins - you know how I love anything that reminds me who I am. Very thoughtful

a very Happy New Year to you all

edit on 12/27/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: was either the Manischewitz or the NyQuil

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Manischewitz and NyQuil cocktails??!! No wonder I'm just now able to lift my head off the bar. haha Actually, I am just now returning here ...I really haven't been sitting here with my head on the bar...lest anyone think I really did that....Jeeves, coffee, please...yes, the usual double double...

Well, Spira, your New Years videos were lovely and inspiring. At first I was shocked that you would show the private video of all the Lounge Noir patrons in our spa, then I put on my glasses and realized it was those cute monkeys. Adorable. ...of course, we all look adorable, too, but we won't show that video...

MrD performed an exorcism on my laptop recently. Took hours. I'm surprised the damned thing didn't endlessly spin around and open and close, it was that possessed by virulent forces. I think I was innocently downloading something in the eworld when I accidentally created a portal through which flowed malicious entities so bad that they even tried to possess MrD's usb stick during the cleaning.

My laptop is no longer under the influence of demonic forces, but now I'm worried about MrD. For some reason he's now going on and on with a specific warning to me, something about I hadn't cleaned out my cash like he told me to and I need to clean out my cash and he'll help me clean out my cash. It's scary stuff. He sounds like a gypsy psychic who tells me I need to hand over a lot of cash to get rid of evil forces.

Jeeves, what's on the buffet menu today?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Manischewitz and NyQuil cocktails??!! No wonder I'm just now able to lift my head off the bar.

it's a taste you don't soon forget - or get rid of

ah - the spa video...well, yes - maybe adorable isn't quite the right word. Some fur could only help - but at least it was honest

we'll just call it honest :-)

so sorry to hear about the laptop desert - something just like that happened to me recently - seems to be going around. All I can say is - beware the B-string Russian news sites - it's been a long winter apparently and the Russians are bored :-)

so, will I see you at the Oscar party this evening desert? I hear the buffet will be Oscar-themed for the event. Well, there will be Oscar Meyer anyhow - Jeeves really out did himself this year

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

That Japanese Snow monkey video was interesting. I think I may be convinced now that Aliens mated with them and made Humans. There faces look so human like.
~SheopleNation

edit on 26-2-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Spira, you're so funny! Now, on with the show. ...

Welcome, Sheople, to the Lounge Noir Academy presentations! Here, let me validate your parking ticket. Nice saucer BTW.

And the award for Best Submitted Videos goes to.....Spira!....And here is your statuette carved in butter.... what, Jeeves? Margarine? I coulda sworn you said the butter was on the right. .... And the Best Costume Award goes to....desert! for her New Year's Eve outfit she still wears this evening....And now, the LN Lifetime Achievement Award goes to...oh, this one is awarded posthumorously to a member who was banned...Our Friend!

That concludes this year's presentation. As we return to our daily lives, may our imaginations be the fountain from which spring next year's nominations.

All right, now to the buffet. Sheople, you first.

Sheople, permit me to share my theory of humanity's origin. I think that up in a tree in Africa a long, long time ago were a few monkeys that were a tad more intelligent, more fun, and better looking, but rowdier than the rest in their group, and they got voted off the tree. Once on the ground, they decided that snowboarding Kilimanjaro and surfing Cape Town were better than being in a tree, so they started walking upright and became human. Some of their descendents ended up frequenting the ole watering hole here, and thus is the origin of Lounge Noir.

Sigh...these events always run past my bedtime. So good night to all.
edit on 26-2-2012 by desert because: form

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

desert, I appreciate the warm welcome my friend. I think I like you already. Ok, let me think more about my response to that because I want to answer it on a clear head. Which, I had a few drinks before dinner tonight because I felt that I deserved it.

Nevertheless, My retort tomorrow will be well worth the wait because there is nothing more than I love than a good Human Evolution debate! On a side note though, No religious counter arguements will be used. Atleast not on my end. Best wishes. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

That Japanese Snow monkey video was interesting. I think I may be convinced now that Aliens mated with them and made Humans. There faces look so human like. ~SheopleNation

welcome to Lounge Noir, Sheople

it's all aliens and monkey business just for starters in here

pull up a chair and make yourself at home - Jeeves has some rare if not nearly magical bar tending skills - I recommend letting him surprise you

he hasn't killed anyone yet :-)

though, we haven't seen whaaa around for a while...

(word to the wise: don't let your tab grow too long - and please, don't spit)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

And the award for Best Submitted Videos goes to.....Spira!....

I'd like to thank the Academy - and then, of course, the world at large - for trying it's darnedest to teach me to submit...

... And the Best Costume Award goes to....desert! for her New Year's Eve outfit she still wears this evening....

plus two more - for best dialogue and travelogue :-)

And now, the LN Lifetime Achievement Award goes to...oh, this one is awarded posthumorously to a member who was banned...Our Friend!

posthumorously... :-) nice

and also: sigh... yes, to our maverick, outlaw friend

I was about to launch straight into the post-award, red carpet cattyfest...but remembered I was wearing last years tablecloth and bit my tongue

good for me :-)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

welcome to Lounge Noir, Sheople

Appreciate the warm welcome.

it's all aliens and monkey business just for starters in here.

Good, Aliens and monkeys are my business.

pull up a chair and make yourself at home - Jeeves has some rare if not nearly magical bar tending skills - I recommend letting him surprise you

Nah, I prefer to stand for now. My back aches from too many hours on ATS. That's good to know, but I only drink good vodka (gotta be distilled atleast 4 times) and good suds (beer). Sick and tired of Wine because anytime I am forced to drink it, I wake up with a headache because of all the sulfates.

he hasn't killed anyone yet :-)

though, we haven't seen whaaa around for a while...

(word to the wise: don't let your tab grow too long - and please, don't spit)

I don't run tabs. I prefer to keep track of my own orders, so I pay as I go.
~SheopleNation
edit on 28-2-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Jeeves, dust the bar and pour a round! desert needs a night here. Vacation getting too busy, must relax.

So, I got to thinking, what if MrD and I put the rv in an orbit in space, viewing that big blue Earth from the window next to me, instead of the harbor view I now have. So, I faxed SpaceX with my list of supplies I would need every now and then to replenish what I use up, and they politely replied, "Ma'am, you would need a Saturn V rocket for all that stuff! Maybe if you could pare it down, just to the essentials, and recontact us. Sincerely, SpaceX PS Are you sure you wouldn't be over the weight limit for your rv?"

I was going to reply, informing them that all that stuff would be weightless in space, duh! Then I thought, oh, maybe they meant on Earth. Now THAT'S a different story. Maybe they're right...but I NEED all that stuff. I've got a Bug-Out-RV!

I tried, Spira, to pare down the list, but I think that case of sherry is a necessity, especially on vacation. I'm not going to show up tipsy to work, but, by golly, I will sip sherry as I enjoy sunrises and sunsets and visiting relatives on my time!

So, Paul Masson sherry it is for us! Did you know that Paul Masson sherry was selected and specially packaged for outer space, but teetolaling citizens protested the item, and it never made it to the old Skylab? ....of course, I never made it there, either, so let's pour a schooner now. ...I've never sailed on a schooner, either...

Before we left on vacation, MrD wanted to get the latest fast food gimmick advertised by a chain that fries chicken, ala a certain southern state, and who uses a recipe of some old guy in a white suit. I, too, used to go there, once a year, but this time was different. What was it, what was it?...Yikes! The small package of honey morphed into a honey "sauce", and the butter had become a "buttery spread", looking much like a type of grease my dad kept in the workshop when I was a kid growing up (and I feared it probably spread and tasted like that lubricant!). And as if honey, already made cheaper by importing it from China, wasn't cheap enough, it had to be the fourth ingredient in some recipe that produced a product that looked like some kind of salve from my childhood medicine cabinet (which probably spread and tasted like that oinment, too!).

Jeeves, another round of sherry, please. Then a story about the tsunami debris on the beach.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I forgot this thread still existed.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Somebody keeps eating my peanuts. HEY, pass the peanuts.

Oops, sorry, MrPenny. Those didn't start out as just peanuts. I have no teeth so I sucked the chocolate off and put em back in the bowl for ya. Hey, what can I say other than, you're welcome.

I only come here twenty times a day, but that's it! A guy's gotta have some self-control. It's just like gambling; I never bet more than I can earn, borrow or steal.

Watching baseball, are ya? Isn't it fascinating how those total strangers can hit a round object with a stick! yyyyYAWN!

I don't drink, but I did quit trying to quit cigarettes. It's tough, but I'm hanging in there.

Do you have a couple of kids, MrPenny? I'm just wondering if you got your 2 cents worth is all.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
enjoies! We have not forgotten that you exist! Good to see you here again!

Yes, enjoies, there still is a Lounge Noir. Just as there will always be a Rick's Cafe and a Club Obi Wan. These places exist in the far off places of our mind, whenever our heart demands fellowship, our tired soul demands relief. As was written once so truly , "The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see."

Speaking of things one can't see...so that explains what happened to the chocolate covered raisins Jeeves set out! Welcome, jiggerj!

jiggerj, since you're trying to quit smoking, you might be interested in Lounge Noir's Second Hand Smoke Shop. Lots of packs of cheap cigarettes, half off...not the price but the size. I collect the leftovers from the ashtrays and repackage them to sell. Guaranteed to have you smoking less with every pack. With the money I earn, I try to pay down my tab...I think I'm up to February 2007 now! Yay!

Well, gotta run, but I plan to return with the debris stories I promised.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

what!? no sherry in space?

hardly worth the trip then - if it weren't for those stars...

hopefully you got to enjoy them from here on earth - with a little sherry and some KFC

life is good :-)

and Chinese honey...that actually sounds kinda pretty

I gather it's not

so, they also got all our bees? Things are definitely not going our way

welcome back desert - you were missed. Sit a spell...relax - but not too much

I want to hear that debris story

:-)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ooh, sorry, Spira, but I did get a little too relaxed. Of course, no one at LN bothered to check under the table to see what their feet kept kicking accidentally. Let's see, where was I...oh, yes, the beach debris...

when MrD and I first got out to ride along about a 10 mile stretch of beach, there were plastic water bottles, small pieces of Styrofoam and foam rubber about every 15 feet. That was way, way more water bottles than we had ever seen, and never the styrofoam or foam rubber.

Plus, every quarter mile or so there was another piece of metal or wood debris, some part from something. Then after a few days we saw lots of lightbulbs. That was something, because sometimes I couldn't even get home from the store without breaking a lightbulb. Never saw that stuff here before either.

Pretty soon various other types of plastic bottles and containers came ashore, along with an old type tv picture tube. And Japanese boat floats were a popular debris item to find. It was eerie and sad to think that the debris had come from an event that caused so much death and destruction, especially an event that had taken place thousands of miles away.

Tsunami debris hadn't been predicted to start washing ashore so soon, but now there are signs posted of how to dispose of it or notify officials ...
well, I'm going to take a nap now. If everyone could be so kind as to remove your shoes when you sit down at the table, I will feel so much better when I wake up. Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yesterday I spent the day at the Jersey Shore. 6 hours of gorgeous weather in between storms. Soaked up a lot of sun. Paying for it today.
Had a blast though.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Holy smokes.....I'm flabbergasted this thread is still running. It's been so long I've forgotten the login info for the original account.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Boy, I sure can relax around here! Oh, someone left their stilettos...Louboutin!...and they fit!...oh, they're mine...ha ha...now I'll just peek from under this tablecloth....MrP !
I'm flabbergasted! I've been telling people you exist! They look at me like I'm crazy...thanks for coming to my rescue.

....What's that, Spira? People look at me like that BEFORE I tell them about our Original Host? Good to see you, MrP ! I trust that Jeeves served you the libation of your choice. And try these chocolate cov.....peanuts and raisins. Yep, we do try to keep this place open.

Yes, enjoies, a day at the beach is fun. Do we like to be by water, because we're mostly water? Even in the desert, there is something so special about an oasis, more than just providing a life saving necessity. Being near water is so rejuvenating. Good for mind, body, and soul. Oh, I brought over this aloe vera plant for you...that natural salve is good for relief from sunburn.

Oh, I forgot to mention about the Japanese saki bottles that washed ashore. Empty of saki, but made for beach combing finds for our friend. I think maybe we were supposed to turn in all finds to the proper authorities. Something about invasive species. Maybe they're right. I mean, look what happened after Europeans came ashore here.

Well, I'm going to take a walk by the river now. We had a nice drive today, through the mountains. Saw too many deer dead by the side of the road. You know, with the median barriers now along highways, deer must get mighty confused as to what to do nowadays. I dunno, the older I get, the more I think the world puts out too many newfangled barriers. Airplane passenger pat downs, technology growing faster than I can keep up. Well, I'll just stay on my side of the road to survive. Or under the table here...nah, I'll go back to sitting on the veranda, sipping sherry, watching the sunrises, sunsets, or the constant play of sunlight through the trees.

We'll leave the light on for ya, MrP. And, yes, "holy smokes" is the correct secret password to get into Lounge Noir now.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Holy smokes.... thanks for the reminder desert... thats why I could get in here earlier
Speaking of smokes, have you got one? A smoke always goes good with a cold beer. Uno cervac.... oh heck can i get a beer over here?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Holy smokes this place is just packed with beautiful women and semi beautiful men. Could someone give me jump? Seems the battery done petered out on my van. No hurry though; I need to slake my thirst with some of the gnarliest tequila you got there barkeep. And did I hear someone mention cough syrup? Iv'e had this tickle in the back of my epiglottis for a spell and a swig of that sweet cherry nectar would be much appreciated.

For some reason this place seems very familiar.

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join