It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Que paso mano's y monnettes.

I was just out in the shed straightening up a few things.
D. busy busy here in Tamalewood working as mainly an background extra/driver in the big budget films and speaking roles, crew on the pilots and independents. Here's what in town, Stargate Universe
Cowboys & Aliens
Scoundrels
In Plain Sight Season 3
Lemonade Mouth..Disney

The QOP, myself and a friend started our own little production co. and are working on shorts for the festivals. I'll u2u you a link to one we have in the can. movie talk....means finished.... I think.

I just got a new agent and have been on a few auditions for big shows.....nothing yet.

Pinion Coffee uummmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Now that's the kind of news I was waiting to hear! Lots going on! Thank you, whaaa.

Say, could you make me a pair of those shorts for that festival? Spira, you want a pair, too? And maybe you could make a pair for TMB. Sweet!

Oops, I just knocked over someone's top hat. whaaa?....Spira?....no one? ....well, Jeeves, could you please box this up and send it to BP post-haste? ....Yes, mark it "urgent"....and "fragile", too....

whaaa, dear,...kiss kiss kiss... I would love to have your autograph. Here, just sign at the bottom of this tab...iou!...paper!...oh, hell, blew it again! Poor MrP's gonna have to extend my tab another month.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by desert]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Now on to expanding this place some more. The Universe is boundless, Spira. And likewise Lounge Noir.

beautiful desert

and yes, I believe I would like some of those shorts – if whaa can find the the time :-)

they’ll be useful once the new rugby field is finished

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The QOP, myself and a friend started our own little production co. and are working on shorts for the festivals. I'll u2u you a link to one we have in the can.

or one in Cannes?

I can't wait

:-)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Greetings everyone! Jeeves, a grande lemonade, por favor. Give one to everyone else here who wants one. I'm feeling generous today. Put it on whaaa's tab.

Well, guys, to be honest, I've felt overwhelmed with the enormity of the GOM catastrophe. Made my feet too heavy to drop by here.

But, I came here today to make a video. I am going to make a video and send it to Osama Bin Laden. I am going to stand there, give him the finger, and say to him, "See, you couldn't defeat us! We did it to ourselves! Nyah nyah nyah!"

Then I'm going to Moscow, take off my shoe and bang it on Khrushchev's tomb. I'm going to yell to him, "See, we were victorious! You were unable to be at our funeral!"

No, I won't give the satisfaction to these men who wanted to defeat us. No, sireee. We did what they couldn't do! We are victorious! Our own men are victorious!

Well, enough dark humor. More lemonade.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I love pinions
Better than opinions hat are not my own
Pinions from the native peoples
We can pick a few but I've never picked any...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Weeelll, good morning, TMB! ...hug hug...kissy kissy...

Jeeves, I'll have breakfast here, please. Yes, start with that pinion coffee. A cup for TMB, too.

How is everyone? What have y'all been up to? MrD and I went to Mammoth Lakes for the 4th of July holiday. Although I think July 4 was to have been the official last day of skiing, we drove to Mammoth Mountain the next day and saw skiers and snowboarders still on one run, and, TMB, I thought of you, because there were mountain bikers on a trail crossing near the bottom of the lift. There is a shuttle bus in town that takes bikers up to the mountain, so they can bike back to town along the extensive trail system.

whaaa, I thought of you as we drove through Lone Pine. Here's why. Someday MrD and I will return to the area, and this is one museum we will visit.

And, spira...well, she was still a delightful traveler. She enjoyed sitting on the balcony overlooking the meadow, watching the sunsets, basking in the glow from her sherry. I covered her with a blanket, and she enjoyed the morning sunrise alpenglow, too.

Oh, we did visit this huge condominium "mountain village" at Mammoth. Where else but here can you find a large fake mountain stream and pond, complete with fake campfire rings, complete with metal logs that most likely shot out flames of burning gas for roasting marshmallows. All this fake stuff made to look like the real stuff which surrounds it. God help the visitors whose only mountain experience is through all this virtual stuff. ...but, then, Life in general is like that today for many people...

Oh, we did visit this railroad museum. It's outside of Bishop, the town where Mule Days is held each year in May. It's a real kick in the ass!....hahaha....hahaha....desert falls off her barstool

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, how're ya'll doin' tonight? I'm feeling generous this fine evening, so, go ahead and order whatever you want. Jeeves, I'll pick up the tab.

Now, let's see. Let me sort through this box of old tabs to see which one I'll pick up. Someone who hasn't been here for awhile....eeny, meeny, miny, moe...this one!....Marrr! Marrr hasn't been here for awhile....Thanks, Marrr!

Well, there was a war downstairs here the other morning, lasted three hours. Yep. MrD finally put together the workshop cabinet that's been boxed for years. Actually, it won't go in the garage just yet, that's another story. So he assembled it in the downstairs bedroom, which was the site of the battle, complete with the sounds of banging and cussing, which drifted upstairs to where I was sitting.

You see, I remained an isolationist in this war. I figured this was totally a man's battle, and I shouldn't interfere with helpful hints or advice. Men, though they say they don't want to do things like this, and will try to go AWOL or move to another house, temporarily, to dodge the chore, actually feel a great sense of accomplishment when all is said and done...or not done...according to the field manual found in the box.

So MrD returned upstairs, proud of his victory, and I went down, to inspect the carnage. Well, MrD is the most wonderful man on Earth, and I value our marriage, so I'm glad I stayed out of the war. There was this cabinet, looking like it was put together by Picasso, in the fourth dimension. Now MrD's genius mind very often thinks in the 4th dimension, so I wasn't surprised.

And either someone in China can't count screws, or MrD is so damn good, that he assembled it, while not in record time, but with screws to spare. As I put away his various tools of warfare and picked up the small torn plastic bags and bits of paper, I found one unopened paper at a location on the floor which should have put it directly below where MrD sat.

Upon reading it, as it was not in some undecipherable secret code, I found out why the top drawer seemed akilter. Apparently there had been a mistake in the original battle plan, and the addendum clarified exactly which pre-drilled holes should line up.

Oh. Oh, well, at least the cabinet is finally ready for use. Although for a millesecond I did have a thought to maybe ship it back to China for re-assembly...maybe by the same person who put all the pieces into the carton, with a note explaining what I want done, along with a few American dollars. Come on, I can't be the first person to imagine this scenario!

When I returned upstairs, all I could do was throw my arms around MrD , kiss him, and lovingly say, "Honey, thanks so much for putting that cabinet together!" Ain't love grand?

Good night, everyone!
Jeeves, a hot chocolate to go. Yes, tiny marshmallows. I'm going to pretend I'm sitting around a campfire.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Ain't love grand?

Yes it is! And I've got the scars to prove it!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just wanted to let you all know,

You all belong to room 101 now, Bwah hah ha.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I feel...uneasy

(love the signature)

[edit on 7/22/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

And, spira...well, she was still a delightful traveler. She enjoyed sitting on the balcony overlooking the meadow, watching the sunsets, basking in the glow from her sherry. I covered her with a blanket, and she enjoyed the morning sunrise alpenglow, too.

yes - thank you desert - that was lovely

but it's been a long walk back...

I'd like to think that it was an accident - that you just forgot I was under that blanket when you took off

still fun

back now

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Actually, it won't go in the garage just yet, that's another story.

I'm also imaging sitting around a camp fire, drinking hot chocolate, waiting for a another story

Why Things Won't Fit in the Garage is one of my favorites

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Chukkles!!
Yay!! My, you're continuing to look your scary self. Let's see...yes!....Jeeves, here's Chukkles's tab. Put everyone's orders on this one....Thanks, Chukkles!

Sorry I had to bug out, but I had to go trade in my old camel for a new one with less gas. ...desert falls off barstool...Hey! My barstool is broken!

Ok, Spira, let's sit around this campfire I built in the Lounge, and I'll tell ya the garage story. Oh, don't anyone worry about a fire...I disabled the sprinkler system, so we don't get all wet. Oh, I can add my broken barstool to keep it going!

whaaa, yes, scars. There's been times I cried so hard over Love, I became only 2% water. And I think that this garage story might start now. Because maybe my not wanting to rent a storage space has maybe one-third to do with that, the other two thirds divided equally between being frugal and taking a stance against acquiring too much stuff.

It's true. When a woman secretly rents a storage space, a divorce is imminent. As I transferred my stuff that needed to live on past a divorce, I began to notice the activities at the storage spaces around me. What were the stories those other renters had to tell. Were they hiding stuff like me, or just had an overflow of holiday decorations, or living in an apartment, or using the larger space for the garage they didn't have to work in? Was anything illegal going on? Meth lab? A dead body somewhere?

Now, before you think any less of me, the stuff I was hiding were things that either belonged to me, the only value being sentimental, or things I felt would otherwise be destroyed by the avenging spouse, things that needed to be passed on to the kids someday.

So when I finally was happily able to clean out the rented space and tell the office I no longer needed it, I knew I never wanted to rent storage ever again.

How I went from a closet of a space rental to an overflowing condo is really not much of a story. The divorce process gave me the bedroom furniture and a few assorted pieces, the ex dropped off boxes of stuff he didn't want, I bought whatever else I needed, and then MrD came into my Life and condo, with a need to blend, not a family, but stuff.

So, one side of the garage has shelves of stuff (half of which is MrD's hardware, and electronic stuff he swears he needs someday to scrounge for capacitors, etc....who am I to say he doesn't need it? It's today's equivalent of an old barn loaded down with stuff to fix whatever breaks around the farm.), another side devoted to rv and travel stuff, and the third side provides shelter for a spa we had to rebox, plus misc.

The rest of the floorspace is devoted to off-road toy, car, and boxes of holiday decorations. And it is said of desert, it was always said of her that she knew how to keep Christmas well if any woman alive possessed the knowledge. (sincere apologies to Dickens)

Oh, one more thing, a temporary thing because of our truck situation, which the Chevy dealer says will have a fortunate ending, soon. Right smack dab where the cabinets would go is a pile of stuff to be returned to the truck and trailer, where it resides under normal circumstances.

But these have not been the normal times for us, so I finally convinced MrD that the cabinet should at least be assembled, to sit ready in the downstairs bedroom, to be rolled into its rightful space in the garage, soon, but meanwhile could serve as a repository for some stuff in the bedroom.

Actually, I have no need for another bedroom, so that room downstairs is a cross between a library and Warehouse 13/the Laws railroad town museum/the Vatican archives (I have a bottle of Lourdes water, which no one else in the family wanted when my Grandmother left her possessions behind to go to that rest home in another town, before she finally departed this World, when you really can't take anything with you. Really. (There's a lesson in there I've been thinking about lately, in regards to possessions.)

Jeeves, another hot chocolate, and some s'mores, too. Say, anyone want to hear how I recently acquired a Bigfoot footprint cast...cast from an original mold? I guess since I ain't dead yet, I can aquire a few more things. Especially now that I have a new cabinet in which to store more stuff....I'm a slow learner on some of Life's lessons.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I wonder how much gas I'm going to need for this Su-27 Flanker that is sitting in my garage....

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

Hi nastalgik! Pull up a stool! So..........what are you drinkin?

That Su-27 in your garage....is it for sale? You must have a pretty big garage.

Desert....about that stuff you got. Let's trade stuff....won't that be fun to go thru other peoples stuff?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hi, nastalgik!
Long time, no see. Do you have a tab here? I'll look. ..... no....no....nope.... This takes too long. We'll just start you a new tab. ....There!...OK, everybody, open bar and buffet for the next hour! Thanks, nastalgik!

Say, that's one mean machine in your garage! Do you take it to work, or is it just for a Sunday flight? I don't think Lounge Noir has a runway yet, but you could land it out front on the street and nose it into one of the metered spaces. Here, let me write you out a parking validation on this napkin. ..... T...H...I...S....PILOT IS INSIDE LOUNGE NOIR DRINKING AT THE BAR FOR AS LONG AS HE WANTS. ....There, nastalgik, just tape it over the meter next time you're here.

If the Su-27 can be retrofitted to run on buffet table scraps, then fuel should not be a problem. I think the scraps were the problem for the first camel, making it have way too much flatulence. It sucked to be relegated to last place in the caravan. I'ld pull over to text a message, and next thing you know I'ld look up and the caravan was 2 miles ahead. Then I'ld have to run to catch up, causing my 32oz Mountain Dew to spill all over me, the camel, and my custom Arabian saddle! When we got to our destination, I'ld be the only one spending time at the camelwash, rather than relaxing and eating and drinking with my fellow travelers.

Speaking of said activities, nastalgik, your tab is running up exponentially. Maybe you could pay it off giving us all free rides in your Su-27. Only wait till an hour after the buffet closes. I'ld hate to see you have to spend time at the Flankerwash rather than here, do to passenger airsickness.

whaaa, I'll show you my stuff if you show me yours.

Hey, can someone crank that AC lower? It's starting to get a little too warm in here what with the campfire going.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
OMG, Chukkles, OMG!! Room 101!! I just got it!....er, I confessed I was a slow learner....and look what happened! I thought about my prior marriage! And my truck! And my stuff! Dear God, Chukkles! People, get us out of Room 101!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

People, get us out of Room 101!

naw, I'll stay back - feels like home to me

I'll keep the fire going

you might as well pull up a chair Chuckles

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
I feel...uneasy