It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
We're baaaaaack! That Spira sure is fun to take on travels, although next time we'll have to remember to not open and drink the sherry while in...or in this case...on the car. Seems our lovely Highway Patrol won't allow it. I tried to argue with that officer, but I guess falling off a bar stool is not the same as falling out of a recliner doing 70mph. Thank you, sir, for that reminder.

whaaa, a bowl of your pesole would be wonderful!

Spira, if we go back to Ventura this summer, would you like us to reserve you a Yellow Umbrella ?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

thank you desert - and Mr. D - that was a blast

also, thank you for this:

I tried to argue with that officer, but I guess falling off a bar stool is not the same as falling out of a recliner doing 70mph.

laughing very hard right now - out loud

Thank you, sir, for that reminder.

LOL!

I personally didn't need the reminder

I can only say - thank god for the sherry anyhow - made that lesson a little funnier

Spira, if we go back to Ventura this summer, would you like us to reserve you a Yellow Umbrella ?

please

I'm missing Ventura already desert

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Good news, Everyone! Praise the Lord and pass the popcorn! whaaa, all that mighty fine, powerful prayin' seems to have worked. The error code demons appear to have been exorcised from the truck! All that's left is to put it all back together and test drive it.

Soon, soon, we'll be back on the road. And, Spira, since it's a long bed truck, MrD and I are going to replace the recliner with a La-Z-Girl sofa, to make your ride even more comfortable.

We drove out to the trailer again today. Seemed like everyone and his mother was on the road, then I remembered that it was Mother's Day, so it made sense. All those white haired ole gals who looked like they'ld rather be back at home or the resthome, eating their chocolate pudding, instead looking as if they were being held hostage in the backseat of the family car.

We stopped to eat at a local, folksy restaurant, where we were witness to streams of moms being pushed and pulled up and down the wooden stairs by helpful, happy family members eager to take mom out on her special day. I think I'll tell my kids to just email me, so I can eat my chocolate pudding in peace while I read their professions of love and sweet remembrances.

Well, gotta run. Gotta start planning the next adventure.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hello. I hope everyone is well. I crashed my mountain bike on Friday and shattered my right clavicle. Now I get to have surgery Thursday morning to plate and pin it back together!!

Good times...

How are all of you? Any drama or good stories to share?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
TMB!
My clavichord broke, too, when the movers dropped it. ...what's that?...oh, clavicle...clavicle....oh...owwww!! that's bad!...do what the doc says, and you'll be back to your active self again.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Gooood Friday morning!! What's that I hear from the jukebox? .... The Vogues?...1966?
....how time flies when you're having a great...well, mostly great time....

Up every mornin just to keep a job
I gotta fight my way through the hustling mob
Sounds of the city poundin in my brain
While another day goes down the drain

But its a five oclock world when the whistle blows
No one owns a piece of my time
And theres a five oclock me inside my clothes
Thinkin that the world looks fine, yeah

Tradin my time for the pay I get
Livin on money that I aint made yet
Ive been goin tryin to make my way
While I live for the end of the day

Cuz its a five oclock world when the whistle blows
No one owns a piece of my time, and
Theres a long-haired girl who waits, I know
To ease my troubled mind, yeah
oh my lady, yeah
oh my lady, yeah
In the shelter of her arms everythings OK
When she talks then the world goes slippin away
And I know the reason I can still go on
When every other reason is gone,

In my five oclock world she waits for me
Nothing else matters at all
Cuz every time my baby smiles at me
I know thats its all worthwhile,
yeah oh my lady,
yeah oh my lady, yeah, fade........

So what's everyone doing tonight? MrD wants to watch Deadliest Crotch. Tonight everyone on the show gets lots of crabs.

I hope The Motorcycle Boy is recovering well.

Well, gotta take my joe and go. Love you all!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Naked Season desert?

:-)

why no Naked Season at Lounge Noir I wonder?

some kind of zoning thing?

nice to see you - and thanks for the song

(I too wish MB well - wherever he is. Probably holding still)

later gang

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Naked Season is well underway here, Spira. No one so far has complained about us, so I guess we're ok. We're so wild and crazy here that we even have Naked Nights in the middle of winter. Yes, that's why when you dropped in last February, you saw some of us huddled by the fireplace, trying to keep warm.

Jeeves, another mocha latte, please.

You know, years ago when I was a youngster, Saints were not only examples of how to lead a spiritual life, but they were also prayed to for things like a safe car trip or a miraculous cure. So I got to thinking, we need some more Saints to reflect life in these times.

I think that in the future, these two figures will gain sainthood. First we'll have Saint Jobs, who founded the Order of Apple, whose followers take vows of user friendliness and spend their days with hard work, creativity, and fun.

Next to be canonized is Saint Gates. Legend has it that he displayed an adventurous brilliance early on, had his run ins with antitrust litigation, and ended up giving billions to his philanthropic endeavors. Likewise, his software was brilliant, but had run ins with hackers, and billions of patches have been given out.

Pope Linux merely beatified the two, and it wasn't until Pope Techno 2.0 confirmed miraculous data recovery attributed to St. Gates, that he canonized both men.

Hey, anyone want to buy a lovely, flameless devotional candle of these two? $19.95, and if you buy now, I'll throw in a flameless tealight good for traveling, or placing next to a smaller device, like the new iPad.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Naked Season is well underway here, Spira.

here? at Lounge Noir? Should I be at all concerned that I hadn't noticed?

thinking maybe I should explore some full frontal lucidity

No one so far has complained about us, so I guess we're ok.

well, the T&C says nothing about us dropping our drawers - yet. Party on :-)

Yes, that's why when you dropped in last February, you saw some of us huddled by the fireplace, trying to keep warm.

uh huh

Pope Linux merely beatified the two, and it wasn't until Pope Techno 2.0 confirmed miraculous data recovery attributed to St. Gates, that he canonized both men.

you see - I always learn something from you desert

I'll throw in a flameless tealight good for traveling...

on a serious note - of all the hinky, make believe gadgets that have come out in recent times - these are my favorite. I love candles

have I ever told you about my amazing fire starting skills?

(maybe I'll save that for well after our next road trip)

[edit on 6/3/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
HI all. Long time no talk. Pretty slow here...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hi, TMB! Wow, glad to see you're alive and ...and .... I don't know....what have you been up to? I take it the surgery went well.

Jeeves, I'll have a Flame Thrower, please. ...Yes, that would be fine to let Spira light it.

Spira, your fire starting skills, is that why you like to order flambe dishes here? Well, I guess MrD and I could take you camping with us, and you could start the nightly campfires. Only we'll go camping at the beach....might be a little dangerous among all the trees in the mountains.

I gotta confess, I have no fire starting skills whatsoever. I could never be accused of starting a forest fire. And that would be even with matches! There's not a bag of charcoal briquettes yet invented that I can light.

Ok, now for the good news...the truck is supposed to be road ready Monday....or Tuesday! If it is so, then we will head out to the Mojave for a couple nights, then turn northward to Oregon.

whaaa, I would love to hear more of your stories from Tamalewood.

Wow! Spira, that's amazing!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

The surgery went fine other than a little bacterial infection. What's a little infection between friends really...I have a lovely scar now which is going to get tattooed above with the date and location of the incident.

2 more weeks and the bone should be fully healed. I'm getting on the road bike this weekend against doctor's orders but I'm itchin' to ride.

"He's kind of itchin' to ride, he's kinda itchin' to ri i ide, he's kind of itchin' to ride and he don't care..." The Beatles...They were big mountain biking enthusiasts.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by The Motorcycle Boy]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The Motorcycle Boy

M_B, thank the Great Spirit you have healed well!

D. I don't know what happened; I haven't been called to work in the movies for a long time but working in "Soundrels" "In Plain Site" and a couple other TV pilots. Also making our own small films for the festivals. I'll u2u a link.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Jeeves, my usual morning coffee, por favor. ... It is still morning, is it? ... whatever.... thanks....

Well, TMB, that is welcome news about the surgery. Yes, whenever I feel like I need a little more bacteria in my system, especially the latest drug resistant, I always drop by my local hospital.

whaaa, yes, I did mean any work you do for any production. Hollyweird and Beertank are in such close proximity to each other. that I sort of lump cinema and tv work together. So glad to hear you've been in those productions. Now, I want any gossip or latest scoops!

I wish I could tell you all about the latest adventures on the road! But, I can't. 'Cause we're still at home. It's a wire he says. A wire. One wire comes between the open road and our home. Our home with wheels and our home without.

What I did to fend of depressing thoughts of being "stuck" here, I have psyched myself up by pretending to be a German tourist who has rented my house for the summer, who will enjoy the amenities here and use the condo as a home base to take day/overnight drives in California.

For example, MrD and I will go to Kings Canyon National Park. Spira, I called ahead to see if the rangers knew about your amazing fire skills, but they said, no, but just to keep an eye on you at all times. So looks like you're welcome to come along.

Jeeves, a latte to go!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Guten morgan! Guten Morgan!
Herr Cheefes, a bier, bitte!

Vell, piples, I vas schnooping around der condo hhere, unt I find das owners' private dvd, American Peckers. Ooohh, dat MrD, he ist kvite, ummmm, how you say, kvite a large antique...mmmmmmmm.

Oh, heck, I might as well quit fooling myself. Actually, it has been nice to relax and even to find I haven't lost my touch in the kitchen. I'm going to make bbq organic beef meatballs with a bbq sauce on organic whole wheat spaghetti. MrD isn't too sure about that one but is willing to entertain the idea that it could possibly be good.

Say, one virtual place I could recommend for ya'll to visit on Facebook is The Zen of Ken.

Personally, I only signed on to Facebook to see my son's page. I really find it too overwhelming to know even who/what he "likes", "comments on", "wrote on wall" (which is just what exactly?), "recent activities", or who are now his "friends". And what is this "poke" thing?

How the hell does anyone have a life beyond Facebook, if all this info is available to you about everyone who is your "friend" or "mutual friend", and you read it all and do your own thing with it? Or am I talking like someone who probably said at one time about that new invention, the telephone? "Why would I want to talk to someone over a machine, when I can talk with that person face to face?"

Jeeves, a Downtown Brown, please. And I'll be on the veranda.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The tennis courts are empty, likewise the golf course, pool and spa, veranda, frozen whale exhibit....we had a frozen whale exhibit?....even Jeeves left a note saying he took the day off. Well, that just means more bar goodies for me.

Hey! With Jeeves gone how does a lady get a drink around here? Oh, maybe that's what these sticks are I just found at the Chinese buffet. If I pull them apart...yes! They're magic wands! .... Vino Spiritus Beerbeer!.... nope.... oh, well, I'll go get a soda from the machine...
it's Out of Order!!... maybe if I smack it with the second wand... nope.... this is Equinius Excrementus!....

MrD and I drove to Mineral King the other day. If you go to the photo gallery and take out the people, it still looks pretty much the same. I used to drive the 26 mile road often, or was a passenger, which is even scarier because you have to have blind curve faith in the driver's abilities.

There was part of another mountain road I used to drive that was pretty much left-turn-right-turn-ad nauseum, literally if you were a passenger! When the mountains were covered with clouds, the road would disappear, but if you drove left-right-left-right-etc, you could still make it.

Well, the hundreds of curves aren't the only problem on the MK road. You see, the road is more like a 1 and 3/4 lane road that clings to the mountainsides, its edges defined by a cliff face on one side with the companion cliff drop off on the other. At least the famous Road to Hana has pullouts where you can enjoy sights and scenery, or park to buy fresh fruits and pakalolo.

No, with MK, it's "keep driving". This trip, MrD drove and I prayed. Or cursed the oncoming drivers who drove up in their full size trucks or SUVs.

Ok, I'll just take this glass of water out to the veranda to watch the fireflies....hey, I didn't know we had fireflies here. Cool!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

hey desert

it is pretty quiet...

but I'm here - for some reason :-)

rested and ready

I was out back starting a fire - felt like smores

If you go to the photo gallery and take out the people, it still looks pretty much the same.

but in color - right?

nice

good to see you're still getting out and around

(I won't mention the vehicle that shall not be named)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hi, Spira
That was mighty nice of you to come sit a spell with me on the veranda.

Silly Spira! Of course those photos aren't the same as in person. Why, the whites are much whiter, the grays the most beautiful shades, and black...like obsidian. ... color? what's that?...hmmmmm....maybe that's why I keep getting tickets for running stop lights...hahaha...actually I did meet someone who was colorblind, and I had to ask him how he could detect red stop from green go. Different shade of gray he said, plus he knew the position of the stop-slow-go.

Smores, huh. Was that out back where smoke was coming from earlier? The spot where I could swear the gardener's shed is....or was?

I miss the guys. ....Hey, whaaa, TMB, what's a lady got to do around here to get poked? Do I need to be your friend first? Can you and I poke a mutual friend at the same time? I need to find out before I go too far, so I can save face on Facebook.

Well, I'm hungry. Hmmmmmm, I wonder....I wonder if I took the chef's ginsu knife and carved out a steak from that frozen whale. I could cook it over by that smoldering campfire....over by where the shed is....or was...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Why, the whites are much whiter...

would you say they were a whiter shade of pale? :-)

well - looks just lovely - regardless

Smores, huh. Was that out back where smoke was coming from earlier? The spot where I could swear the gardener's shed is....or was?

the gardeners shed...that's where whaaa and MB were trying to smoke the whale

last I saw :-)

smores were out where the gazebo used to be

hey desert - you ever notice how big Lounge Noir is? :-)

it only ever gets bigger too - why is that?

I'll miss the gazebo...

let's mourn the loss with a few mojitos - out on the veranda...

meet you there

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the mojito, Spira. Refreshing!

I do need to speak with whaaa. Is he out where the shed is? Or, is he out where the shed was? Or, is he not out where the shed is? Or, is he not out where the shed was? .....ok, ok, way too much coffee this morning!....

And that's why I needed to see whaaa. I had one of the best coffee experiences. I tasted New Mexican pinon coffee for the first time. It was more than a cup of coffee. It was drinking a high desert campfire experience. Tasting the earthiness of the pinon, the campfire smoke, the desert earth. A liquid journey to NM.

Speaking of NM...whaaa, you were supposed to fill me in on gossip. I had to hear it on the news about Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart tying the knot in NM. Anything else happening in the Land of Enchantment? Got any local events coming up?

Yes, the gazebo....another structure here we will now put into the file, Things That Shall Not Be Named. I'll put it right next to that vehicle. .....there. Now on to expanding this place some more. The Universe is boundless, Spira. And likewise Lounge Noir.

new topics

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join