It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's actually in Ahmadinejad's letter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Source

Tehran, Iran, May 13 – A senior Iranian cleric described a letter sent by hard-line Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to United States’ President George W. Bush as a “divine inspiration”.

“This letter was extraordinary and in my opinion a divine inspiration”, Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, head of the powerful Guardians Council, told Friday prayers worshippers in Tehran.

“I suggest that all children read this letter and that it be read in schools and universities and that state television and radio repeatedly broadcast it”, he said, adding that the text of the letter should be incorporated in school textbooks and added to the national curriculum.

“Whether [the U.S.] answers it or not, it will be to their loss. If they answer, what will they want to say? If they don’t it will show their weakness and resignation”, he added.

The powerful cleric, who is a top advisor to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said the Iranian people had to thank Ahmadinejad for his “wisdom and courage”.

Jannati said that the U.S. was heading towards its demise.

Iran’s feud with the U.S. has reached its highest level during the Bush administration years, he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It really makes me curious what he wrote to Bush... No one has found any new information?

[edit on 13-5-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Interesting game there are playing.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Why don't you read it for yourself? I read it, and I agree with most of it.

en.wikisource.org...

You may surprise yourself.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Its very 'polite';points out the glaring holes in America's foreign policy, and the rationale behind Israel's invalidity.
very very interesting..
Why don't they just let the IAEA in and let them inspect all facilities w/o restrictions?
Are they afraid that the info the IAEA team may gather info that would be detrimental to national security?
I am certainly very aware of the problems and cutbacks a country must face if it opens itself to IAEA snap inspections and safeguard. If you're going to need to have an inspector stand and watch you when you're even going to change clothes(in my nuclear terminology: a chg of fuel rods
) then it can seriously cripple your progress in the field. Also if you're making ground breaking research which could have certain commercial monopoly rammifications, then its crazy to have outsiders come and snoop around!
These are the very reasons my country rejected the NPT and the CTBT.
That brigs me to my next question:
Why the hec did Iran sign on to the NPT in the first place?!!!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Why don't they just let the IAEA in and let them inspect all facilities w/o restrictions?

They have not kicked out inspectors, or denied any access.

They did withdraw from the Paris accords, but it was voluntary.

The problem is not inspection, or the IAEA.

The problem is that America wants to deny Iran the right to enrich Uranium even though as a signatory to the NPT Iran is allowed this.

top topics

join