Smith Building Ghost.

page: 4
2
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
p.s. I never did hear what town this is supposed to be in. Could some one please provide that info?


there is a local forum that was posted on a previous thread. the city is Corpus Christi.

PS: I"m messing around wtih the conversion.

I made a good one that made teh video bigger but its now a .wmv and at 294megs stead of the mpeg at 197megs.




posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I found this at the Corpus Christi Site



TIME - 0:33 : Something visually drops from ceiling. Turns AROUND?? What for.. he stands UNDERNEATH where it dropped from!

TIME - 1:16 - 1:26 : Walks passed open door on left, hear a slight click, turns around and door is now closed.

TIME - 1:56 : SOMETHING falls or makes a noise. I don't see anything.

TIME - 2:09 : Light above him turns off..

TIME - 2:32 : NOTICE the LIGH SWITCH for that light is on the left side wall. Exactly where he was standing when it went out.

TIME - 2:47 : HEAR Wood drop. There on the ground is a piece of wood.

TIME - 3:04 : He picks it up and throws it; Sounds IDENTICLE when it dropped.

TIME - 3:21 : Sounds in room behind. Sounds like a chair leg moving.. or something heavy.. Calls for friend who is clearly hear downstairs. Doesn't mean someone is not inside making the sound for the camera and "stunt".

TIME - 4:09 - 4:11 : FIRST GIRL SIGHTING - Faces camera to a dark room. What appears to be a DOLL up against the wall is there and he freaks out

TIME - 5:45 : Claims to hear something, I don't hear anything.

TIME - 6:03 : FIRST "Bird like" chirp.

TIME - 6:18 : SECOND "Bird like" chirp.

TIME - 6:36 : Turns on the light to a stairway. Pointing to a wall. He freaks out and runs out of the stairwell. I don't see a thing!

TIME - 6:49 - 6:54 : SECOND GIRL SIGHTING : Goes into a dark room. Stays in one spot for about 2 seconds and a "figure" (BAD QUALITY VIDEO at this point) seems to move from behind a room wall. He FREAKS out and begins running and screaming literally like a girl.

TIME - 7:38 : Begins to walk down hall way and the light at the end turns off.

TIME - 7:44 : Notice the Light switch right there on the left wall. Exactly where he was standing when it went off. In fact, you can clearly HEAR the light switch being turned on and off. When a light goes off, it makes no sound. When you flip a switch to turn it off, that is what you hear. And that is what is clearly heard.

TIME - 8:45 : THIRD "Bird like" chirp.

TIME - 8:52 - 8:53 : THIRD GIRL SIGHTING : Hard to tell.. Seems like a figure standing by the wall. He runs out once again screaming like a girl.

TIME - 10:44 - 11:01 : APPARENTLY A THIRD SIGHTING?? He walks into the same room the girl has been seen in. He once again start screaming and runs out swearing.. I don't see a thing.. I DON'T SEE A SINGLE THING. The video becomes rather crappy at this specific point.

TIME - 11:09 - If you look quickly, you can SEE the (later discovered??) piles of wood scattered all over the floor as a result of apparently the ghost being angry and trashing the place.

TIME - 11:18 - Sounds like a glass (bulb) exploding or dropping.

TIME - 11:27 - Clearly see the door already open on the left as he walks around it.

TIME - 11:33 - On the right you see the door that was already open that wide as he had to walk around it in 11:27

TIME - 11:38 - Turns around and points camera back and the door is open more. If they are opening by themselves, you'd think you would want to video tape the PROGRESS of them opening. Why is he needing to turn around back and forth to see RESULTS. Clearly it's opening at a good rate seeing how he turned around for a split second. He could easily have video taped it OPENING.. Why turn around and start to leave rather than video taping it all.

TIME - 11:42 - FOURTH "Bird like" chirp.

TIME - 11:45 - turns around and the door is open approx 45degrees now.

TIME - 11:52 - SOMETHING heavy falls from ceiling. Because of the way it arches down, it's not DROPPING from the ceiling rather look like it being tossed from the top level through a hole in the top floor perhaps? through the ceiling. YET he immediately TURNS AROUND BEHIND HIM as if it came from BEHIND??

TIME - 12:12 - Looking at the shadow on the ground directly in front of him, you can clearly see a shadow on the ground that moves (seems to grow) and then a sound beside him. Seeing how the light is behind him, it could be a shadow of his arm through whatever that was that might the sound. The camera does not move so he did not move himself. His his friend is apparently downstairs, then obviously someone else is in the room and casted their shadow. (the shadow is of the door way to the left, however at the time frame you will see it move and grow larger)

TIME - 12:32 - You'll notice when he turns on the light by the switch for that room it is the EXACT sound when the light went out at time frame 7:44

TIME - 12:56 - Cell goes off

TIME - 13:23 - APPARENTLY the door closes.. Can't make it out all that much except for the sound as the video blurs out.

TIME - 13:56 - FIFTH "Bird like" chirp.

TIME - 14:02 - SIXTH "Bird like" chirp.

TIME - 14:37 - SEVENTH "Bird like" chirp.

TIME - 14:41 - Opens partially open door all the way open.

TIME - 14:46 - Door apparently closes by itself.

TIME - 14:56 -EIGHTH "Bird like" chirp. - very faint

TIME - 15:01 - Cell goes off for the second time.

TIME - 15:12 - Walks into a dark room, goes from the right side of the room to the left. Once he gets to the left he FREAKS OUT.. I don't see what he is seeing.

TIME - 17:55 - They make it out like this is NEW to them.. The wood all scattered about on the floor. Yet in time frame 11:09 he ran right at it back then so this is not new. He already seen this.

TIME - 18:54 - That is EXACTLY where the guy ran to in time frame 11:09. That is the same scattered mess of wood on the ground than back then so this is not new to them. They act like they walked in and seen all this for the first time.


NOTE:

1. Why is it that he only video tapes the OPEN door, and the CLOSE doors.. you'd think you would want to video tape them all CLOSING.. now open/close.. That does not prove a thing
2. 4th time going through the video and see NO SKELETON HAND.. Where is this exactly??
3. That chirp sounds identicle to a bird.



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It seems to me that someone is starting up a Urban Legend in a bid to make a film, franchise, merchandising, fame blah blah blah....!!



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
It seems to me that someone is starting up a Urban Legend in a bid to make a film, franchise, merchandising, fame blah blah blah....!!


really...why would somebody want to do that...

doesn't look like they are makin cash or fame of this..



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
I found this at the Corpus Christi Site


YES..a friend of mine "CamaroSource" put that up...

He did an awesome job in breakin it down with the essential points...

He makes a great argument aswell..

as for me...

I still don't know if this is real or not...



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My 2 cents.

I think this is a group of guys having a bit too much fun, and maybe too many beers.

Living in a home with spirits, I find it hard to believe that the ONLY time they are actually getting anything on film is in the darkest room possible. I have seen and photographed things in and around my house in braod day light. Yes, most activity is at night, but, I get a lot it the day too. Most things that happen at night even happen in rooms with a light on. I would say on average, only about 30% of what happens that I either hear, or see at night is in total darkness. That meant about 70% has light from one or more sources.

The other thing that gets me, is the fact that if these guys are truely scared, and "I caught her this time" means he knows he got her on film, why did they go back for more. I work close with a few para investigators. I have never seen a professional, let alone someone who never does this, go back into a situation that truely frightened them. If a professional gets frightened, they call it a night and don't go back for at least a couple of weeks.

My opinion is that these guys just bit off more than they could chew with the job, and decided they wanted out. They came up with a story, but unfortunately, the head hancho wanted proof. So they set up an eloborate, yet very flawed, scheme, to get out of the job.

I may be wrong, and it may be a real ghost, but I only really saw "the ghost" in the first "sighting", and, it didn't move at all. Trust me, ghosts don't really sit still. Especially if they are angry. I think it was a doll also.



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
My 2 cents.

I think this is a group of guys having a bit too much fun, and maybe too many beers.

Living in a home with spirits, I find it hard to believe that the ONLY time they are actually getting anything on film is in the darkest room possible. I have seen and photographed things in and around my house in braod day light. Yes, most activity is at night, but, I get a lot it the day too. Most things that happen at night even happen in rooms with a light on. I would say on average, only about 30% of what happens that I either hear, or see at night is in total darkness. That meant about 70% has light from one or more sources.

The other thing that gets me, is the fact that if these guys are truely scared, and "I caught her this time" means he knows he got her on film, why did they go back for more. I work close with a few para investigators. I have never seen a professional, let alone someone who never does this, go back into a situation that truely frightened them. If a professional gets frightened, they call it a night and don't go back for at least a couple of weeks.

My opinion is that these guys just bit off more than they could chew with the job, and decided they wanted out. They came up with a story, but unfortunately, the head hancho wanted proof. So they set up an eloborate, yet very flawed, scheme, to get out of the job.

I may be wrong, and it may be a real ghost, but I only really saw "the ghost" in the first "sighting", and, it didn't move at all. Trust me, ghosts don't really sit still. Especially if they are angry. I think it was a doll also.


there is one of the times that it moves to the left as its going towards him..

BUT

he runs again..

I "replay" that section over and over and personally deduced that it DID move..



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
the thing that jumped out at me the first time i saw the girl was "THE RING"

could this huanting be based on "he ring" ?

or "the ring" based on this huanting?


and why would the ghost be showing it's self? what the hell is it doing just freaking standing there??????

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by Dmsoldier]



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Originally posted by Valhall
p.s. I never did hear what town this is supposed to be in. Could some one please provide that info?



Corpus Christi,Tx. is what I have read.I wish I had know of this earlier this year ,I was there on vacation.


COOL..the guys that are there now are thinkin of going back with a digital camera..not the same guys on the video currently in rotation though..



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Yeah, you can see the girl in four places on the high resolution clips. Here's what I think we need to do. I think we need to get the high resolution full video to Morningtoncrescent, let her analyze that video, and then let her clip the high res scenes that have the little girl in them.


sure, I'd be willing to do that. it'd take me a few days to put together the ghost parts of the video and take a few stills, but I can put up a cursory analysis as soon as I see it.



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent

Originally posted by Valhall
Yeah, you can see the girl in four places on the high resolution clips. Here's what I think we need to do. I think we need to get the high resolution full video to Morningtoncrescent, let her analyze that video, and then let her clip the high res scenes that have the little girl in them.


sure, I'd be willing to do that. it'd take me a few days to put together the ghost parts of the video and take a few stills, but I can put up a cursory analysis as soon as I see it.


do you need the vid??

hit me on messenger and ask me what you want..


any

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I watched it, and apart from the figure moving very oddly in that second sighting, I see nothing strange.
On a side note, the people who filmed it totally pissed me off, if you're not willing to get a decent picture then don't #ing go in there.



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by any
I watched it, and apart from the figure moving very oddly in that second sighting, I see nothing strange.
On a side note, the people who filmed it totally pissed me off, if you're not willing to get a decent picture then don't #ing go in there.




Yeah..that guy focused SOOO much on the first sighting and then running..

all the other times he just ran all over the place at the first glance..

I heard there is another guy going to attempt to get in the building to do some filming...

This guy plans to use a "Digital Video"..for better view on computer...

and

won't lose detail on converting...



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I bet you the guy will come back saying

"THERE'S IS NO GHOST there"



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Lame 5 pages of nothing.



posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZLS1
Lame 5 pages of nothing.


I feel horrible for even starting this thread...





posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think it has been a very interesting topic my man.Don't fret cause you can't please everyone.



posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
thank you to TejanoRay for getting me the full version of the video. I appreciate it a lot

these are just my first impressions of the video:
it was originally shot on analog tape (Hi8 or VHS)...distortions on digital video look pixelated, on the tape it looks like a tape the VCR had eaten (which is consistent with the story told about the tape.) it really does look like it was pieced together after it was split apart; the video feels out of order. it doesn't follow any normal sequence. however, there are 3 definite shots put together (I hesitate to say 'edit' because it looks more like the camera was turned off and then turned back on) that seem to have happened during filming. also, there's a point in the video (I'll give the times in the video where this stuff happens along with screenshots later on) where the cameraman is on the floor where all the 'ghostly' stuff happens. he freaks out, runs down the stairs...and lands up on the exact same floor. as of now, my mind isn't made up. I don't see a whole lot of ghosty goodness on this tape, and the guy in the corner holding the cross just seems stagey, but I'm not quite convinced that a bunch of houspainters would bother to sneak around with a video camera to make a Blair Witch Project sequel.



posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
thank you to TejanoRay for getting me the full version of the video. I appreciate it a lot

these are just my first impressions of the video:
it was originally shot on analog tape (Hi8 or VHS)...distortions on digital video look pixelated, on the tape it looks like a tape the VCR had eaten (which is consistent with the story told about the tape.) it really does look like it was pieced together after it was split apart; the video feels out of order. it doesn't follow any normal sequence. however, there are 3 definite shots put together (I hesitate to say 'edit' because it looks more like the camera was turned off and then turned back on) that seem to have happened during filming. also, there's a point in the video (I'll give the times in the video where this stuff happens along with screenshots later on) where the cameraman is on the floor where all the 'ghostly' stuff happens. he freaks out, runs down the stairs...and lands up on the exact same floor. as of now, my mind isn't made up. I don't see a whole lot of ghosty goodness on this tape, and the guy in the corner holding the cross just seems stagey, but I'm not quite convinced that a bunch of houspainters would bother to sneak around with a video camera to make a Blair Witch Project sequel.


Actually they were there to do drywall and such...

Also..their boss wanted them to go in there and film what they saw...

Their boss said he didn't beleive that there is anything wrong with the building..

I was told the by a friend of the guy who filmed it (as they told me)



posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
im slow. where is the full vid? is it on a link yet or do i have to be sent it? if so ive got broadband etc. id really like to see the video.





top topics
 
2
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join