It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immigration "Crisis"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Something stinks to me about this immigration "crisis." Why all of the sudden is this an issue being slammed down our throats from the media and politicians? This seems to me a coordinated effort to incite the sentiments of the American people about this issue - but why and why now?

I think they are intentionally irritating the problem, and will offer a solution. Think about it...how will they control the immigrants if they don't know who or how many there are? In order to control everyone, they have to have an account of everyone. Therefore the government will open its arms to ALL immigrants illegaly in the US right now. Then they will really clamp down on immigration.

I think we will see the great extolling for *need* of a national ID card. This will PROVE citizenship, and is step 1 in the grand plan of implanted microchips. See England, as I believe they now have this ID card.

I just don't see why this situation is all the sudden a crisis that needs to be addressed. What do you think?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Probably because the flood of people coming across the border has increased beyond what the country can absorb.

Reports are that many of the "immigrants" are Muslim and are carrying prayer rugs and other Muslim oriented paraphernalia.

Pile enough people onto any boat and it will sink....

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You apparently are more concerned about these Muslims than our runaway Govt. who is operating on no checks and balances. Sadly, I believe our govt. to be the bigger threat.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Maybe the title of this post should be Runaway Government because you need to keep the 2 issues seperate. Immigration is a national crisis in this country and the disinformation regarding the issue is awful. Health care for all of us is higher because of it along with many other problems. Yes our government is messed up but you and I created that by allowing them to be bought and paid for in order to pay the cost of the election process.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Maybe the title of this post should be Runaway Government because you need to keep the 2 issues seperate. Immigration is a national crisis in this country and the disinformation regarding the issue is awful. Health care for all of us is higher because of it along with many other problems. Yes our government is messed up but you and I created that by allowing them to be bought and paid for in order to pay the cost of the election process.

I don't think so, because my point is that the govt. is using this particular manufactured crisis with another intent in mind. The current administration is behind the riots and the media coverage that this has received. I'm saying look deeper at what their agenda really is (control) and how this crisis fits into their plan.

Just like they used the Al Queda excuse to limit civil liberties. Just like they will one day use the online pedophile excuse to clamp down on the Internet.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by astonished
This seems to me a coordinated effort to incite the sentiments of the American people about this issue...

Yep... been going on for a while...
Check it out: Follow the Money - Funding of the Radical 'Hispanic' Lobby Group

edit: link fixed

[edit on 5/12/2006 by Gools]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yeah I think it's more media hysteria than immigration crises...

Nothing's changed other than it's being used by the state as a conveniant distraction, and another situation to rile up the population and make them feel less secure.

More security anyone?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Manufactured crisis? Not sure I agree with you there, infact I am sure I don't. Upwards of 20 million undocumented workers, some of whom have criminal intentions. I think it qualifies as a crisis, manufactured by the deliberate neglect of our borders by the so called elite of our nation.

This has been stewing for the better part of 25 years, maybe longer. It's hardly a "new" problem. Counties in the southwest are going broke trying to deal with the situation. This didn't happen overnight, its been brewing for a longtime. If some didn't notice it until they saw it on FOX, or CNN, it doesn't mean that the gov't is making this up for some nefarious reason. Unless neglectful idiocy is a nefarious reason.

A further thought.

My thought is this, our would-be lords and masters would just as soon the crisis not have been noticed. They might actually have to do something to curb the arrival of so many potential wage-slaves. So I hardly think that the gov't manufactured the crisis. It just suddenly up and kicked us in the teeth, in a purely metaphorical sense.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by seagull]

top topics

join