It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyle "Dusty" Foggo Investigated By Feds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
As Lt. General Michael Hayden continues to undergo scrutiny after his nomination for CIA Director by President Bush, the residue from the departure of Porter Goss continues to unfold. Federal Agents reported to the home and office of former CIA Executive Director Kyle "Dusty" Foggo Friday. At Mr. Foggo's home and place of work, agents from five different agencies began to retrieve evidence as part of an investigation on corruption and CIA contracts. The former CIA appointee was reportedly not found at either location.

news.yahoo.c om
WASHINGTON - Federal agents searched the home and office of the
CIA's departing No. 3 official on Friday as part of a corruption investigation that has sent a former congressman to prison and now involves CIA contracts. Investigators from five federal agencies acted under search warrants at the home of Kyle "Dusty" Foggo in Vienna, Va., and his office at the CIA's Langley, Va., campus, FBI spokeswoman Debra Weierman said. Both locations are in the Washington suburbs.

The warrants themselves were sealed and officials would not discuss what agents were seeking.

Foggo agreed to step down as the CIA's executive officer under pressure because federal authorities are investigating whether he improperly awarded contracts to San Diego businessman and friend Brent Wilkes, according to federal law enforcement and intelligence officials. They spoke on condition of anonymity because investigations were ongoing.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It was only a matter of time before Mr. Foggo would have to answer for his involvement in "Hookergate" and other CIA scandals. Although, the timing is impeccable, even for the Bush Administration. Is Mr. Foggo a "fall guy" in this move to replace Mr. Goss with Lt. Gen. Hayden?

So many questions need to be asked, but probably will remain unanswered.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Is this the beginning of more prosecutions related to Randy "Duke" Cunningham? Or is Foggo's case just a little ripple in the pond of corruption?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ah, yes. The ball of string that is political corruption in our nation's capitol continues to unravel. Reports that Mr. Cunningham is being uncooperative at his new home may be greatly exaggerated. I think he has cooperated fully already and is unhappy with his supply of perks. Either that, or the claim he is being uncooperative is a smokescreen.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes, Icarus Rising, the ball of string is about to unroll. And some heads might roll along with it. But, I still think it is quite timely for all this activity surrounding Mr. Foggo to happen--especially when the President has to prove that his government is not "corrupt"--especially with the wiretapping brouhaha that is happening right now.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think I see your point. I do hope the investigations and prosecutions continue and all potential avenues of inquiry are pursued. The buck definitely does not stop with Kyle Foggo.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I think that Lt. General Hayden might have more to answer for than just the nomination of CIA Director. He is also caught up in the MZM scandal as well. As I explained in another thread, he has conflicts of interest (not only with the NSA) that he has to explain away. When it comes down to it, what is attached to Foggo and Goss might unwittedly be the straw that breaks the camel's back for the Bush Administration--if Plamegate is not enough.

new topics

top topics

join