It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Disease Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this. Mods please move if you need to.

Has anyone heard about this new disease that is emerging all over the United States and they are calling it 'Morgellons disease'? It sounds horrific!!!!!

www.mysanantonio.com.../news/metro/stories/MYSA051106.morgellans.KENS.32030524.html

From the official website www.morgellons.org :

The Q & A:
What is "Morgellons"..?

Is it contagious..?
It is difficult to say whether Morgellons is contagious. Many of our group have family members who exhibit no symptoms whatever. On the other hand, many entire families have reported becoming infected at or near the same time. At this juncture it remains unclear if these households with multiple infected members reflect contagion, due to human-to-human transmission, or some type of mutual exposure.

Where did the name "Morgellons" come from..?
The name comes from a condition involving "black hairs" emerging from the skin of children which was documented in France in the 1600's. It is doubtful that the 17th century disease has anything to do with modern day Morgellons, however the similarities were such that we elected to use the name as a consistent label when adressing politicians, physicians and health departments.

How do people get Morgellons Disease..?
The vector and delivery mechanism of the disease are, as yet, undetermined.

Is this a parasite..?
Various organisms may be found on the skin of individuals with this disease, but are not currently the focus of this investigation. The only consistencies observed by laboratories affiliated with this foundation, have been the fibers and other abnormal conditions of the skin. These consistent findings are the main focus of our investigation into the primary cause of Morgellons Disease.

Could this be bio-terror..?
As yet, undetermined.

Is there a cure..?
Though many report cures, unfortunately, we know of none that has helped each and every individual with Morgellons Disease.

Does anyone have any information on this they could share? This was the first I have heard of it. It sounds like a horror movie.

Edited to add website.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by zenlover28]

TPL

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've never heard of it. What are the symptoms? And is it disabling or fatal?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yea. I posted this thread earlier. Wird disease eh? Have you checked out the pictures??

ATS Thread

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My apologies for posting the thread again then. I didn't see it.

I looked at the pictures and all I can say is WOW. Truly horrific!!! People that have it are committing suicide because they are in so much pain. And not to mention the fibers that just pop out of their lesions.

The symptoms can be found on the official website that I posted in my first post.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
As noted above: This thread already exists here on ATS. Please post your thoughts and comments in the exisiting thread as this one is to be closed

join