It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why dosen't the US want Iran to have nukes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Darkseid:

The Irani are a serious threat to the United States, just like North Korea. Both believe the United States is the devil and must be destroyed. It's only a matter of time before one of them sends a nuke at us with the letters USA MUST DIE on it.

I think the part of where they hate us comes from our constantly interaction in their society and our enormous wealth.

Well that's why Iran hate's America. For you see the Irani believe they are some kind of super race, like the Nazies and they believe the United States is to blame for they haven't become a super power like they were for thousands of years.

Pure, unadulterated propaganda!

The USA is not blameless. You overthrew a democratic Iranian president 40 years ago and had the Shah installed as leader. Even if you don't know that, it's THEIR HISTORY and they remember it.

They've watched you illegally invade their neighbour (the neighbour that you supported militarily and economically when they were fighting the Iranians). They've seen over 100,000 Iraqi civilians killed since the invasion.

WTF are they supposed to think?

Iranians believe they are a super race, huh? Hmm

LINK???!?!Are you a reporter who has interviewed a lot of Iranian citizens? Where did you get this gem of wisdom?

They blame the US for them not being a superpower? Again, LINK?!

Where do you get this stuff, haha.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Jakomo]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
quote: Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
quote: Originally posted by steve99

"""""""
Well cry me a fricken river. Live with your choices. If they were bad choices, change your mind and get rid of the nutjobs that run your country and get your status back. Then you can sell your cars and oil to the entire world and make money for yourselves instead of those in power. You can live in a world where you are not afraid of someone sending their airforce to bomb your crap. Live in a place where you don't worry that you may disappear after speaking your mind.

Make your country great again and prove the west wrong instead of being a footnote in an encyclopedia that says "the nation which ended abruptly after posturing over nuclear wepons."
"""""""
end quote

Ok can you just think about this for a second?

if one of those Iranians was here reading what you had just written who do you think they would feel? what would they think of you? if someone said some of those things about you, how do you imagine you might feel?

How do you think Iranians and Americans can be friends again?

Can you list what you know are the grudge that US is holding against Iran? can you list the ones that you are most passinate about?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan
if one of those Iranians was here reading what you had just written who do you think they would feel? what would they think of you?

It doesn't matter how they feel about me. I am only one person who is not in charge of the US military. They need to stop and really think about the road they are currently on. When it is all said and done, they are themselves responsible for their own actions. Just as we are at the end of the day. They are not puppets of anyone so the choices are theirs, right? Choice to prosper or not? Choice to blindly follow or not? Choice to war or not.

if someone said some of those things about you, how do you imagine you might feel?

They have already said this exact thing to me and my fellow Yanks on this forum. "W is a nutjob. You yanks are crazy war mongers and the cause of all that is evil in the world. Blah, Blah, Blah." In fact, they said it before I was even a member of this forum.

How do you think Iranians and Americans can be friends again?

Allow me to simplify things a bit. I have a friend who is Iranian-born and is now a US citizen. He tells everyone that his name is Fred. But that is not his real name. He buys cars, fixes them and then sells them making very good money.

He makes friends very easily because he doesn't talk politics or religion, he talks BUSINESS. Can Fred kick my arse? I don't know, but I don't worry about that because we are friends. Should Fred have a gun? Sure. I like Fred. He needs to be able to protect himself and his family. Should Fred have a nuke? Hell, if I could have one, I would let Fred have one too because we are friends and I even bought a few cars from Fred. I am happy, Fred is happy. We all get along. This is the real American way. Everyone prsopers and everyone is happy and nobody gets nuked.

Now if Fred was "radical" trying to sell me a car, but I would have to listen to all kinds of crap about how unfair life is and how his people are starving because they choose to free themselves of western puppets and his family was standing on the street corner shouting "Death to America. They are the great Satan, Come buy our cars" no one would like him or buy anything from him. I would be worried about Fred and if you asked me if he should be allowed to have a nuke, much less a gun, I would say HELL NO! If Fred started poking me in the chest with his finger blaming me for all his woes and he threatened to wipe my home from the map, we would fight. I don't know who would win, but we would definitely fight, and I would try my hardest to kick his arse. Would you buy a car from Fred after he poked you in the chest?

In reality, Fred is a great guy. He has lots of fiends. People ask his opinion on many things, as he is a well respected member of the community. He is Iranian and proud of it. He is also a US citizen and proud of that, too.

If Fred was the leader in Iran, it would be a global superpower with nukes and the whole world would travel there to admire its freedom, beauty and technology. They would be close friends with western nations and threatening no one. Iranian cars would be in every garage in the states and Isreal. Iranian technology would be in every US, European and Isreali home.

Which Iran would be better to live in? Fred's Iran or the one which exists today?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The U.S. isnt the only country who doesnt want Iran to have Nukes. In fact, 90% of the world doesnt want Iran to have nukes.

The arguement is about how best to deal with Iran getting nukes. The U.S. and israel are in favor of military action, Europe is in favor of incentives, and Iran and China prefer backdoor deals.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
iran? ...nukes? ...why not?

NBI

(nobody but israel).

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkseid
If only they knew how America was really like they would stop all of this nonesense and realize only half of America's society is so grand. The other half, the southern half is about as poor and underdevelope as a West African Nation.

LOL!
*zippers mouth so as not to offend the "tolerant, PC crowd"*

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

Originally posted by NeoQuest
The most likely reason IMO is that the US is currently trying to restructure that area, under whatever vision it has, including Iran. Iran is ideologically and enemy of the US, and when you combine this with their policies which in many ways counters what the US wants for that region, it's obvious nukes would kill Americas current project for a future Middle East. It would strengthen them and their policies, and technically make invasion impossible. Something the US doesn't want.

Nice answer, Jakomo.

NeoQuest, what the hell gives the US the right to re-construct the middle east? Because of PNAC?
What America wants for the ME shouldn't be the issue here.

And the "they'll sell them to terrorists" idea is laughable. FIRST OFF, if Iran REALLY wanted nukes, they wouldn't be out in the open defying the US. All they would have to do is go to somebody like Russia through the black market and BUY nukes!
Second, terrorists who want to nuke the US could go to a number of players in the black market and buy nukes; why the hell would they wait 10 years for the Iranians to build ONE?

(BTW, the "real" terrorists who would nuke a US city have no need for black market nukes. They're in control of over 20,000 nukes already...
)

Never actually said that the US has a right morally to do any of this. Their right like many powerful nations throughout history comes from their military force. It's not morals its power. I was just saying this is America's plan.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
the topic is kinda stupid to me...sry for bein honest...if any country had nukes...it would not want any other country to have a nuke just to have the upper hand...

if the us could help it...do you think she would prefer for russia, china et al to have nukes?

anyway...xman_in_blackx...you make a very good point

cheers

Red

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I understand why Iran would want to have nukes. But how about if one day Fred gets in an argument with you. He decides to use his nukes against you and you just end up killing each other. No one wants that to happen. I understand why the US doesn't want to go to war with Iran. It places too much risk on US casualties. But did you ever think how much risk you put on Iran having nuclear weapons? Think about how many lives are at stake. If they use those nukes on another country the more something bad will happen. It's up to you if Iran can produce nuclear weapons, but in my opinion it's only a matter of time before we can stop them. The clock is ticking away before Iran has nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red
Think about how many lives are at stake. If they use those nukes on another country the more something bad will happen.

I don't think that Iran should have nuclear weapons at all. I was just stating that if they were a bit more friendly, we would all know that calmer heads prevail and I would be more likely to think that them having such weapons was OK.

Just like France has nukes, but I don't lose sleep at night wondering if they will nuke us. I am sure that they do not worry about us nuking them either. Like I said... calmer heads prevail when there is something to lose. Some people have nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain.

I think some people's thinking is flawed when they think that a country who won a war with martyrs would not launch a nuclear war. Iran sent in martyrs by the thousands (most weren't even armed) and routed the Iraqis because they ran out of ammunition from shooting so many martyrs. Today, there is a monument in Iran which is dedicated to those who lost their lives. It is a fountain of blood colored liquid. They hold their martyrs very sacred.

Thulsa Doom and the riddle of steel ring a bell?

"Yes! You know what it is, don't you, boy? Shall I tell you? It's the least I can do. Steel isn't strong boy, flesh is stronger! Look around you. There, on the rocks; that beautiful girl. Come to me my child...
[The acolyte plunges from the rock to her death.]
THAT is strength boy! THAT is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?" -Thulsa Doom

[edit on 21-5-2006 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why doesn't the U.S. want Iran to have nukes? Simple. The same reason we don't want Charles Manson to have a machine gun...we know what he'll do with it.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well said,

The Nuclear genie is out of the bottle. How did it happen? Moot point. I suppose it was inevitable. It's only been a matter of Time. Thank's Einstein!

I believe the human heart is the issue. It is exceedingly wicked. For every great advance, there is a twisted way to use it for Evil. Can you imagine Nano-Technology being turned into a weapon. Miniature robot's deconstructing your cells till you're a pool of mush. I'm sure North Korea dream's of the possibilitie's!

We need to look to our Creator for the answer!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join