It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Dips Into The 20's in Polls NOW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
blogs.wsj.com...

May 11, 2006, 9:12 pm
Bush Dips Into the 20s
President Bush’s job-approval rating has fallen to its lowest mark of his presidency, according to a new Harris Interactive poll. Of 1,003 U.S. adults surveyed in a telephone poll, 29% think Mr. Bush is doing an “excellent or pretty good” job as president, down from 35% in April and significantly lower than 43% in January. Approval ratings for Congress overall also sank, and now stand at 18%.

Roughly one-quarter of U.S. adults say “things in the country are going in the right direction,” while 69% say “things have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track.” This has been the trend since January, when 33% said the nation was heading in the right direction. Iraq remains a key concern for the general public, as 28% of Americans said they consider Iraq to be one of the top two most important issues the government should address, up from 23% in April. The immigration debate also prompted 16% of Americans to consider it a top issue, down from 19% last month, but still sharply higher from 4% in March.

The Harris poll comes two days after a downbeat assessement of Bush in a New York Times/CBS News poll. The Times, in analyzing the results, said “Americans have a bleaker view of the country’s direction than at any time in more than two decades.”

He is nosediving. Will anything bring him back up short of a national disaster?
This is troubling because we dont know how this administration will handle this one.
I hope they dont try anything desperate.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
To be honest I dont think bush cares......or at least he didnt, but now he is realising that if enough Dems are elected into congress, he is going to face a storm and possibly impeachment procedings which is about time!!!

I mean for God's sake! they were going to impeach clinton for perjury!!

This man is facing multiple counts!!! domestic spying, lying, attempting to sell america out from under our feet.......we need to say ta ta to Mr. looney tunes and his puppetmaster cheney, who is trying to restart the cold WAR!!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
IF he doesnt care, then it has to be because something is coming so drastical, that it wouldnt matter, not even for his own Republican party.

I beleive we are headed for something we dont even comprehend yet.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
IF he doesnt care, then it has to be because something is coming so drastical, that it wouldnt matter, not even for his own Republican party.

I beleive we are headed for something we dont even comprehend yet.

I tend to believe the same. I just hope that it's nothing bad. I hear a lot of talk of armed rebellion going around. I don't believe that's the kind of solution we need. We need something that's peaceful, and gives the people a solid hold of the power that they so deserve.

It's just too bad that average citizens aren't interested in voting on Congressional legislation, because that's one sure-fire way of solving this whole crisis. We allow the people to have the say, and take a truly Democratic vote, and let the votes fall where they may. No more lobbying could be done, since it would make no sense to lobby for one person's support when ~550,000 vote where only one voted before.

Now I understand why no one votes right now; they have no say. Most of that sentiment is due to the lobbying that is plaguing Congress right now. People need to take a serious look at their government, and look at what's happened to it in the past 200 years, Things have changed drastically from what we originally were instituted as. I only wish everyone could understand that. It's my hope that someday all will.

Let's just hope it's in time.

TheBorg

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
To be honest I dont think bush cares......or at least he didnt, but now he is realising that if enough Dems are elected into congress, he is going to face a storm and possibly impeachment procedings which is about time!!!

Watch out!!

Don't hop on the Hillary cliton bandwagon, she's 20x worse than bush. I believe this is all being done by design. Do i have proof? no. But, looking at the lies and manipulations, looking at the connections between bush and the clintons aswell as the bush and the bin laden family. One could start to realize that they're all playing ball with each other.

Known Republican "Conservative" Rupert Murdoch is working with sen. clinton to push her for presidency in 2008. Knowing murdoch's ties with fox news(republican news network), and the recent "merger" of the whitehouse and fox news with the hiring of tony snow.. One has to wonder, what's really going on. Of course, that is just the start of the problems.

There was one report i read awhile back that said bush's overall approval rating was 19%!!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
POLLS !!!
the problem with polls is that they are created by asking stupid, uninformed people
questions and keeping score of the stupid uninformed answers.

Americans are too stupid to take a poll. I recently did a test. I asked 25 people to name THREE virtues for me. None of the 25 could name THREE virtues. Half didn't know what a virtue is!! The closest they came was HONESTY, WISDOM AND VIRGINITY. I THINK THEY MEANT ABSTINENCE OR CHASTITY.

AMERICANS CAN'T NAME A HANDFUL OF THE MORE THAN 50 VIRTUES- OR EVEN KNOW WHAT A VIRTUE IS- BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO VIRTUE. THAT ISN'T EVEN DEBATEABLE.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger

If you want to talk about ignorance...

www.cnn.com...

"Inside the United States, "half or fewer of young men and women 18-24 can identify the states of New York or Ohio on a map [50 percent and 43 percent, respectively]," the study said."

etc.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Are you calling the very people who voted for Bush "ignorant"? The polls come from the general public, many who voted for W.

Unfortunatedly, we work with what we have, dont we?

Who are you going to poll? Overseas people? We all know that poll would be "0"

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It is true, we are a nation divided.
A house divided cannot stand. Regardless of what feed's both side's, we will suffer as a nation. Those of you who are not American's could probably care less. Unfortunately, alot of American's could care less. Until our infighting turn's us into a 3rd world nation, that is. Maybe that's what we need?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Are you calling the very people who voted for Bush "ignorant"? The polls come from the general public, many who voted for W.

How do you know that though? Do you know where they polled from? If they did it in San Francisco it would be heavily weighted against Bush. If they did it in the Northeast, it would be more for Bush.

That's the problem with polls, they don't really come from the "general public."

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, Dgtempe...

I suspect that a terror attack could also, theoretically anyway
, boost those ratings. But that's only speculation...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sample size of 1000 people in a country with 300 million people?

Sorry I'm not convinced.

More of the MSM doing a drive by on the white house so that they can blame 911 and everything else on them and preserve their masters behinds.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Unfortunatedly, we work with what we have, dont we?

Who are you going to poll? Overseas people? We all know that poll would be "0"

Actually, if we were to take the people's say for fact, Gore had it in 2000 by popular vote alone. He won it popularly by less than 500,000 votes. But guess what? Bush got elected because he got more Electoral members to vote for him. He hit the districts that had more electoral votes, therefore he overlooked "weak" areas because they didn't suit his needs. It's funny that a strategy of campaigning should be necessary when the people should be the ones deciding. It's just my opinion here, but I think that it should be we the people's say, and our say alone that determines the outcome of such a huge election.

TheBorg

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
TheBorg,

Let us not forget the infamous "Diabold" Without them, there would more than likely be no "Bush"

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I, for one, am not so confident in the plus or minus 3% accuracy that these polls boast. I always figured that it was probably more like 5-6%.

Considering that, Bush may well have actually fallen to a 23% approval rating. At best he is only approved of by slightly more than 1/3 of the populus. That means that if you approve of him, then the 2 people sitting on each side of you do not....and the odds are that one of them is a Republican.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

TheBorg,

Let us not forget the infamous "Diabold" Without them, there would more than likely be no "Bush"

Um, no. If you look at the Electoral voting of the 2000 election, you'll see that Bush hit the districts with the most Electoral votes. Yet one more reason to abolish the EC.

TheBorg

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
TheBorg,

I'm just hopelessly in hate with Bush- Can you tell? I'm disgusted, most of us are.

To be honest, i'd like to see him cowering in a DC downtown derelict area. I cant help it.

I beleive in honesty. He doesnt.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
If you look at the Electoral voting of the 2000 election, you'll see that Bush hit the districts with the most Electoral votes. Yet one more reason to abolish the EC.

You act as if this wass the first time someone won the popular vote, but lost the electoral vote. Did we abolish it then? No. Why should we now? Simply because the guy you were gunning for didn't win?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
cmdrkeenkid:

No, I think we should abolish it because it's outdated. It's high time that we flesh out the laws that are no longer necessary. We need to update things a little. I wonder sometimes if I'm the only one that sees the world stagnating like this, but then I come on here and see the same things that I'm thinking about being talked about. Then I'm left to wonder why it is that if these things are being talked about everywhere, why iis no one acting on it.

I've come to but one conclusion. The people aren't interested. Not because they don't care, but because they're too wrapped up in their own lives, and they're afraid that they could get hurt as a result of standing up to whatever/whomever is holding us back. I fail to see where Americans lost their backbone, because there used to be a time that we didn't take crap from anybody, regardless of who they were. Not so anymore. We simply cower in the presence of someone that makes laws because we're afraid that they might pass a law that'll stifle us even more than we are now. What we fail to realize is that those same people are people just like you and me. They are more than likely in the same predicament as you and me; fighting to get what they want for their constituents, but tied to another's whims because they've been contracted to oblige them on something that'll benefit them.

I know that this wasn't the first time something like this has happened, but I do think that it's about time that the people do something about it. I move that we all get a say in all legislation being sent through Congress. It makes no sense to me how this could do nothing BUT work.

TheBorg

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
No, I think we should abolish it because it's outdated. It's high time that we flesh out the laws that are no longer necessary.

Why do you think that it is outdated and no longer neccessary?

I fail to see where Americans lost their backbone, because there used to be a time that we didn't take crap from anybody, regardless of who they were. Not so anymore.

Go back to the early 60s, when the "politcially correct" movement really began. Then in the late 80s when the solution to everyones problems began to get on some medication. That's just the tip of the iceberg of what has screwed up Americans, but that's not for here or now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join