It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US law about racist/skinhead forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hi all.

I lately came accross a real neo-nazi / skinhead forum that is hosted somewhere in Florida. I would like to know what is the US law regarding this kind of content. Is it allowed or prohibited ?

If prohibited is there a way to report this kind of website to a specific department ? I am a bit lost

[edit on 12/5/06 by Yorgat]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest i am not 100% sure on this. i believe that they are protected under the free speech amendment unless they are actually planning to hurt someone. However, I think thier web host also has the right to ban them if they deem thier content unsuitable.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think they're legal as long as they don't specifically call for violence against people or groups of people.

The US laws are a little more open than the draconian laws in Europe, where people are arrested for merely expressing ideas which are not politically corect. IE: Nick Griffin, Oriana Fallaci.

They're even want guys like Paul Belien of The Brussels Journal to be prosecuted for his writings. I think France Echos has also had problems.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech in Europe anyway?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OK, I understand.
Thank you for your replies

In France, some forum are closed because of some racist writings even if the forum is not aimed to be racist. And there are some kind of "forum wars" where members of a forum go and troll on other forum ... :shk:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The first amendment of the constitution protects freedom of speech. Freedom of speech applies to every speech, including that which you do not like. Thus, we do not outlaw speech because it is offensive or racist.

It is only illegal if you start discussing plots to violently overthrow the government, discuss making bombs, or committing acts of violence against non white people.

Otherwise, free speech is free speech.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Its perfectly legal I'm afraid. Freedom of speech. You can't be arrested for being a racist.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You know, they do have their rights to say just about anything they want. These idiots know the limits and where to stop. We as decent humans have the right as well to totally ignore them . I hate racism in all its forms. It to me is a pure and clear sign of ignorance. I grew up here in Idaho and during my adult years had to put up with ignorant people. I am not a minority and I guess I am just a little more educated than the skinhead idiots.

new topics

top topics

join