It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which next gen console are you gonna get?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am heavily leaning towards ps3. I feel that the blu ray gives it an advantage over current media (DVD). The price is killer though...600 bucks for the loaded one??? Any idea how much games are going to run? I think for me, the biggest factor will be which system Madden is the best on. I know a lot of non americans cant stand football, but thats my personal favorite. I'll probably get ps3 launch date if I can reserve one. Anyone have any idea when stores (gamestop, EBgames) are going to start taking pre-orders and deposits?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I know that at the best buy here in plattsburgh you can actually start preordering. I also think games are going to be 60 or 70 dollars.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Which leads me to believe that as hard as develpors work to release that quality game for the Wii there will always be better on the Xbox2 and the PS3.

We shall see. A lot of older gamers are getting nostalgic and starting to have kids(my generation of course
). We grew up on the NES and SuperNES days and with the majority of us with tight budgets, all we're gonna look at is the Games available and the Price. The Games I've seen for Wii have looked by and far so much more interesting then PS3 and 360. Granted the graphics potential of the Wii is limited, but I think that is sometimes a good thing as sticking to "cruder," more proven technologies, 3rd party developers will be crawling back to Nintendo begging to make a game for them. Let's face it, the VideoGame industry is now ready for a 3 console market. Wii looks like it coudl take a triple win out of this, they could get the majority of the Kid stocking stuffer, Hardcore gamer on a budget, people looking for something a little different, etc.

I'll be buying a Wii when it comes out. I've also heard rumors that the selling price of games will be much cheaper as well. Remember the PS1 didn't win out because of pure hardware power, it won out due to sheer 3rd party support.

The Wii-mote is what sold me! Imagine when they get it all tweaked and perfected playing a FPS on a big screen TV!?! I hear you can also buy "skins" for the controller for various different games(including a regular controller configuration). Hopefully those won't cost that much extra either.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i am gonna get all of the three consoles muhahaha

(BTW how do you guys make your background in the avatar section a diffrent color?)

[edit on 21-5-2006 by dabomb]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
id definately go for the ps3,maybe an xbox 360 because there is a rumor going around that rockstar is gonna make two grand theft autos, one on xbox 360 and a totally different grand theft auto on the ps3, i also heard there are gonna be 2 different ps3s one with 3gig thats supposed to be $400 and another one that is 6gig going for $600, so if anything ill go fot the 6gig.lol why, idk the wii seems pretty good too, but i dont see to many people who care for it yet, oh well we'll see, but PS3 BABY!!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Don't know bout any other 360 owners , but im getting a bit bored at the moment , the games cost 50 quid each quite a chunk o' change , i finished PGR3 in a weekend , done call of duty 3 (not on veteran mode obviously) and I would rate this up there with the best games of all time , blazing angels sucks so bad im currently using it as a beer mat , the new Tom Clancy game is pretty good and i only bought that on Friday aswell as rockstars new table tennis game which from what ive played sofar is lookin like a good laugh,

I know its still early doors but im kinda rueing the whole thing at the moment , ill definately be buying the Ps3 aswell , but why any one will be going for a wii (
) is beyond me , every one said similar things about the game cube which was pants , oh its not going for graphics its goin for game play etc , all youll get is more mario and zelda etc which is fine if your 12 , but not my cup of tea , I think ps3 will be king again for sony , but it will deffinately be alot closer with regard to competition from microsoft.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The reasons people are gonna flock to the Wii are thus: Price, Proven Hardware setup, Innovative Controller, More 3rd party support then the GC, Solid Snake in Super Smash Brothers(Which will probably lead to a whole game, hopefully an FPS Featuring Solid Snake), Duckhunt 2!, etc.

Nintendo has learned from the mistakes of GameCube and N64. It's time for them to take the limelight again. Though I doubt they will push anyone out of the market. There is room for all three.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Everyone except nintendo is doing something new. When people start realizing that gameplay on X-Box and PS3 pale in comparrison to what Wii will do with those motion sensors....

Anywho the way I see it is I am from the nintendo generation and as always Nintendo changes gaming and others follow. does anyone remember that other 600$ console that launched from SNK and if you do then you must remember that it failed.

Sony games will probably run at 100$ and that will along with the consoles price not be a viable option for most people on a budget which is the vast majority of parents. Wii will out sell PS3 and 360.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
price doesnt matter to me cuz my brother is gonna buy all of em hehe

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I got the 360 mainly for the online play

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join