It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice By Loki

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Have you ever felt like you needed some advice?
Well, since my thread of yesterday, entitled Ask Loki Time, was such a big hit, I've decided to open a thread, to give you the chance to ask for my advice. Have you ever seen that show, Dr. Phil? well, It's now Dr. Loki.

Feel free to ask me about anything you want. I'm not afraid to touch any topic. I have experience with alot of things, all of which help me to advise you.

So let the ATS advice column be born. I'll be here to advise you until one of a few things happens:

The Government takes me away,
A nuke falls on my city,
I'm consumed by a disease,
I disappear mysteriously, never to be heard from again (see event A).

Hope to hear from youall.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm a lazy, unattractive slob who, reads comics all day. How can I trick hot chicks into liking me?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ok, as you've got this before me i'll do a medical one "Ask Dr Nerdling"

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I'm a lazy, unattractive slob who, reads comics all day. How can I trick hot chicks into liking me?

Hey he can only give advice not perform miracles. Just jk.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ok I have a flaming case of herpes, but I use the line ribbed for her pleasure and the women fall for it. Is there a genuine way I can meet the girl of my dreams without lying?
JK

Seriously, what do you recommend....a career in international business, a lawyer or a anasteisioligist(sp)?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sure you're just kidding Ocelot.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Sure you're just kidding Ocelot.

Dont be sad. I really was kidding.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I'm a fat lazy guy too, but I seem to be doing just fine. Here's a few tips.
If you're going to be lazy, be lazy while reading. You'll learn alot, and it'll make you want to go do things. Most of the girls I meet think I'm a great guy, and that's because I have a certain way with words. Reading more will build your vocabulary.
When your friends are doing something active, go do it with them. IE dancing, partying, etc.
Alcohol is bad when consumed in mass amounts, however if you have a few beers at parties, and whatnot, you'll feel more outgoing, and you'll talk to alot of people. If you don't drink too much, you won't be drunk, but you'll seem more open. try it out once.
And most important..STOP DRINKING ALL CARBONATED BEVERAGES. you're allowed one exception. A beer or two at a party. that's it. Otherwise, no more coke, and stuff like that.

I think that pretty much covers it. I hope that helps you, NotTooHappy.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thanx, I'll be a ladies man in no time. Ladies look out, here comes Scott!

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Thanx, I'll be a ladies man in no time. Ladies look out, here comes Scott!

Oh no Loki. I think You've created a monster.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Seriously, what do you recommend....a career in international business, a lawyer or a anasteisioligist(sp)?

Well, while all three have their advantages, theres a few things to take into account before you decide.
1.What are your strengths/weaknesses as far as subjects in school goes?
2.What are your hobbies away from school?
3.Who is your idol?
4.Why have you narrowed it down to those three choices?

If you're strong with english, and maybe history, I'd suggest a profession as a Lawyer, but only if you like to engage in conversation away from school. I don't mean come into ATS and chatting it up, I mean talking about serious issues with peers, and talking politics, etc. with your History department at school (umm, heh. that's me.) Arguing in philosophy, and that sort of stuff. Besides, with all of the stupidity in the world right now, I'm sure that there's going to be a need for more and more lawyers.

A career in international business will net you alot of money, to be sure. I'd advise this if you like to haggle, or if you play games that require you to be a math-minded person. Here's some advice, go find some writing by a man named Paul Krugman. If you like what you read there, move on to other economists. Krugman is a man who learned Economics from the Austrian POV. It's probably what you'd be seeing the most of, internationally.

Now, and anesthesiologist is an interesting career. You'd have to go to med school...are you ready for all that studying? If you're an empathic person, this is probably the career for you. I mean, it's the study of how much drugs to give people to ease their pain. If you're interested in the nursing thing, I'd say at least look into this.

Well, I hope that helped you.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Loki I have a quesion for you please

Loki

I was curious. Why do you suppose the real reason is that someone who is married and has 4 kids is being taunted by a woman that is single and knows hes married. She keeps asking him over and to meet him in the parking lot and so on. While totally flattered at the attention he may be receiving he still knows its wrong. While trying not to cause an incident and not wanting to hurt her feelings he still wants away from the situation but is unable to do so.
What do you suppose the reason is that he wont pull away from the situation rather than jeoperdize his family by continuing to remain in contact with this coworker?

Mark

Mark, this is one of those situations that's hard to deal with. I'm going to give you the blunt truth.

This woman has obviously dealt with a situation like this before. Either her dad was the one led astray, or her mom was the one doing the leading.
She has only naturally accepted this behavior as an acceptable thing to do, for one reason or another. Now, she's trying to progress through her life by making the same decisions.

What needs to happen here, is that this gentleman needs to stop being so tempted here, and say firmly that he is not interested in pursuing such an extra-marital relationship. The reason he is being drawn into this situation is that for one reason or another, the danger of being caught in such a situation excites him. Perhaps he has had some domestic issues, and feels that something like this would be good: A quick fling with no attachment issues.

I think that the solution should be simple. Both parties are adults. they should sit down, and talk the situation out, like the adults they are. I think that that's the only way this is going to be settled satisfactorily.

I hope that helps, Mark.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Or, develop a taste for rabbit stew.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ok I have been single for over a year now and have met many women who are interested in a relationship. But none have tickled my fancy. Why is it so hard to meet a girl who is personable, intellectual and beautiful? Am I being to picky?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Ok I have been single for over a year now and have met many women who are interested in a relationship. But none have tickled my fancy. Why is it so hard to meet a girl who is personable, intellectual and beautiful? Am I being to picky?

Dude you read my mind. I've been having the same problem. Gone out with many girls but I lost interest fast.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Dude you read my mind. I've been having the same problem. Gone out with many girls but I lost interest fast.

Thats exactly what it is to. I mean when I meet them it's like wow, but then after a few days its like, can you go home now. Kind of sucks but its the truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The thing about women, is that to find the woman right for you, you first must be honest with yourself. Are you really looking for a woman that will challenge you? Or are you looking for a woman cut from the female version of your mold? The real question here is, do you want a woman so close to your own personality that you can predict here every move? I'd highly doubt that if you found a woman like that, you'd stay with her for too long. No, my advice is to seek someone different enough from you, that they make you think. They make you adapt, and you make them adapt. I think that if you find a woman whom has to adapt to your personality, and you to hers, you'll know each other as well as you can know another, and you'll both be much happier than if she was your exact copy.

Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
MA I think you leading married men astray.

Loki- Here's a question for you:

I'm thinking of starting a business. I know a large number of business fail, but I still think I can succeed. What kind of things should I watch out for?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

I give you the same basic advice, and with a few extra things, to be applied to both of you.

Sit down, and think to yourself what you find physically attractive in a woman. then, if you have more than 2 things, remove all but 2. This is what we call being real with oneself. If you have too many criteria, you're never going to find someone you'd get along with. When I meet a girl, I look at her eyes, and listen for her voice. If she has nice eyes, and a good voice, then I'll pursue something. Then, you can learn more about them. That' all.

I hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki

The thing about women, is that to find the woman right for you, you first must be honest with yourself. Are you really looking for a woman that will challenge you? Or are you looking for a woman cut from the female version of your mold? The real question here is, do you want a woman so close to your own personality that you can predict here every move? I'd highly doubt that if you found a woman like that, you'd stay with her for too long. No, my advice is to seek someone different enough from you, that they make you think. They make you adapt, and you make them adapt. I think that if you find a woman whom has to adapt to your personality, and you to hers, you'll know each other as well as you can know another, and you'll both be much happier than if she was your exact copy.

Hope that helps.

I am completely honest with every girl I meet. I tell them what i want and they say they are that person, then wether they are opposite of me or not end up being complete boneheads. Don't you think someone interested in the same areas I am interested in would be better suited for my personality?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join