It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Magic Johnson still alive?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

Off topic here, but I don't think you have enough posts to receive personal messages yet.

When you get a chance, take a look at this cancer thread. I'm interested in your experience with alternative approaches.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would also like to hear your opinion of this alternative cancer website.

www.cancertutor.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

"You're aware a Nobel was awarded for this discovery, right?" Yeah and so did obama even though now his policies are responsible for more deaths in iraq/afghanistan than bush...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

You are obviously to far gone with main stream science so get back to your blue pills before your head explodes...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
His name says it all

Magic Johnson

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

So, you aren't going to address any of my points, and instead just call me names? Interesting tactic.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

So, you aren't going to address any of my points, and instead just call me names? Interesting tactic.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by Essan

During the last phase of HIV — which occurs approximately 10 or more years after the initial infection — more serious symptoms may begin to appear, and the infection may then meet the official definition of AIDS.

Fair enough, but my question is, since I have personally never known anyone with HIV/AIDS, has anyone ever known an HIV patient who lasted that long and seemingly beat this dreaded disease? I bet none.

Peace

Actually I have a friend, who is a psychologist that contracted the disease about the same time Magic Johnson did.

Everyone in her family (brothers and sisters) is in the medical field as well.

Maintaining your White Cell Blood Count is the key, it’s the difference between being HIV positive, and having full blown Auto Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).

If you can keep your White Cell Blood Count high enough, through drug cocktails, diet, plenty of rest, and reducing your stress, then full blown AIDS never occurs.

In fact in her case after living with the disease for well over 20 years, there is only a minimal trace of the HIV Virus left in her system, and her White Blood Cell Count has remained on par now for years with people who don’t have the Virus or the disease.

As long as she maintains her drug and lifestyle regimen there is little chance she will die of the disease.

So yes such people do exist. They key to successful treatment appears to be money to acquire the right doctors and medicines, and the self discipline to then maintain a healthy and very regimented lifestyle.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Absolutely wonderful, both your advice and the story of your friend. A healthy lifestyle and strict monitoring/management of your viral load and WBC are the keys to maintaining quality of life. It's the reason medical professionals now view HIV as a chronic disease rather than a death sentence.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I also know three people who have been HIV positive since the 80s, and all three have come close to death a number of times. The problem is the virus mutates rather well and one effective treatment can become ineffective quickly, but all three have had zero HIV count for over 10 years now.

Also there are also some HIV strains that do not lead to AIDS. There are cases in Africa of people who have been HIV positive for many decades with zero treatment and live a healthy life.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Absolutely wonderful, both your advice and the story of your friend. A healthy lifestyle and strict monitoring/management of your viral load and WBC are the keys to maintaining quality of life. It's the reason medical professionals now view HIV as a chronic disease rather than a death sentence.

The disease represents a real challenge to people who contract it. The truth is though that people with better educations, and some means, and some support mechanisms like a strong family unit or group of friends, have a much better chance at dealing effectively with the disease, than someone with limited means and education and no real support mechanism.

That’s the hard part, in convincing people that they have to maintain a healthy lifestyle in addition to the drug regimens and the constant monitoring, when they aren’t people who really have ever known what a healthy lifestyle is or its benefits.

Even if you can overcome that, then overcoming the stress that it places on a person of limited means, when it comes to being able to afford the things that make for a healthy lifestyle, with out creating a mountain of stress in how to juggle the bills and pay for it all is another big hurdle.

Hopefully as time goes on, there will be better educational and support outreach so the less fortunate people who contract the disease, can get all the things the more fortunate who contract the disease can, without having to work themselves into an early grave trying to do that.

I lived in West Hollywood CA when AIDS first hit, and I knew a lot of people who died early on from the disease, including an employee, some neighbors, and some friends.

We have come along way since then in treatment, but at this stage we know enough that no one really should be dying from it, it’s just a matter of really finding a way to get the help everyone needs out there so they don’t.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Believe me, I've seen my share of the good and bad in HIV/AIDS patients. What I have noticed, at least in the last 5 years, is that HIV/AIDS patients are the best I've had about sticking to a drug/health regimen, even when the number and frequency of pills is daunting. What absolutely sickens me is the insurance bureaucracy that goes on in treatment of this disease, especially when you have to switch drug regimens.

One doctor I knew as a student had a wonderful program. He worked for a group called "Nashville CARES", an HIV/AIDS support group. What he would do is ask patients who are being switched to a new regimen due to viral resistance to donate the remainder of their now ineffective antivirals, as obviously they no longer have a use for them. Once he built a good stockpile of the more common drugs, he could give a patient a 2 week "trial run" of a new regimen at not cost, that way they didn't have to pay thousands of dollars for a new drug regimen that their virus may already be resistant to.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This has already been debunked by South Park. Its because he sleeps on his money and then had about $100,000 injected into his blood stream

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

lol I wasn't name calling...Atleast I don't think I did, who knows...The info is out there, will it help more if you saw it for yourself or I tell you the long drawn out story?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Saying I am "too far gone" and a pill-pusher is name calling, and it's against the site's T&C.

I'm still waiting for you to address my points. I've explained logically and concisely how HIV could not have been created in the 1950s. You have dodged my post twice, choosing instead to attack me, rather than my points.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I also know three people who have been HIV positive since the 80s, and all three have come close to death a number of times. The problem is the virus mutates rather well and one effective treatment can become ineffective quickly, but all three have had zero HIV count for over 10 years now.

Also there are also some HIV strains that do not lead to AIDS. There are cases in Africa of people who have been HIV positive for many decades with zero treatment and live a healthily life.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

Yes there are slow progressions in strains (HIV2), and individuals.
The fact that a few individuals are immune is an on going study. As an HIV-poz South African, I thought this was more the case of Western long-term survivors. Studies here with sex-workers in Natal promised a cohort of natural immunity, strangely many did test positive after they stopped sex-work! Some argue this proved that daily exposure caused an immune reaction, or a kind of innoculation. Imagine that - hey kids, avoid Aids, have sex ten times a day! Unfortunately most of that was proven as fanciful hearsay, there are no main groups of "immune" people.

A lot here reminds me of what happened in SA when our former President Thabo Mbeki embraced the HIV/Aids denialists. We were offered all kinds of foodstuffs and quack cures, as 300 000 people died needlessly of AIDS.
We've had panels and meetings with the crack-pots like Deusberg and so forth since 1998. Some say HIV is a harmless carrier virus and doesn't lead to Aids, others say that HIV doesn't exist, others are just anti ARVs. You can't even put 10 of the 2000 denialists in a room and get a coherent theory.
We've suffered much with the Western crackpot Aids denialists and their phony, over-priced "natural cures". We are so glad to be rid of them, and to finally have a government that wants to treat the people with real medicine.
We've had Aids skeptisism imposed, and even donated ARVs blocked. We've had doctors and nurses threatened and ruined under Aids denialism.
Although complimentary treatments are good, I cannot believe that Westerners can still be dumb enough to question HIV/Aids science.
Denialism is the true conspiracy, and all its useless massively expensive vitamin, herbal, nutritional "cures"
Some are even proposing an HIV "Truth Commision", to discover how Mbeki's personal conspiracy views controlled and killed so many, and to put on trial the key members of the 2000 denialists (out of millions of scientific Aids researchers) that formed part of his Presidential Advisory Panel on AIDS.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Hi I've recently opened a thread on Aids about a new possible treatment.
called :New insights into the mystery of natural HIV immunity

There is also info on the CCR5 gene immunity..

This immunity comes as a result of the passing on of a gene mutation that also caused people to survive the black plague.

Rather odd because the black plague was caused by a bacteria, however there is evidence that it was not the Yersinia pestis bacterium, but a virus. Smallpox.
The thread provides sources to this info.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There are cures for every disease,virus and bacteria infection out there.
Big Pharm doesnt get paid if people arent sick...its all about the $$$$ and population control.
No if, and's or but's about it....Bottomline!!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by shasta9600

Hello,
"LOL!"
CANCER? CANCER YOU SAY??? I seen your post on the other thread and ITS RIGHT uP my alley and i will answer you soon, in the mean time CHECK THIS OUT BELOW AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Can't wait to here what the "MEDICAL PROFESSION" folks here will have to say about the work that "I HAVE DEDICATED MY LIFE TO!" You will love it! Its a real peach!

"GET DOWN & COVER HEAD>ITS ABOUT TO BLOW-uP LIKE THE GODFATHER !!!!"

www.rense.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Yep agree, HIV connects to specific receptors and prevent other HIV viruses from taking hold, so a lot of research is going into a vaccine type prevention where a harmless HIV virus fills those receptors making the person immune from the ones that lead to AIDS.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Will check link, I did hear about this on a documentary. Apparently if one has one ancestor who survived the plague HIV progresses very slowly to AIDS, and in some rare cases with two ancestors the virus cannot lock into the person's genes and they are immune (at least to some strains).
The European populations have most of these cases, while sub-Saharan African and Latin Americans are genetically somehow more predisposed to infection after exposure.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join